Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Yep, Except I was at home at the time. I wonder if they could mow my lawn while they are at it ?

They like my emails too !

I have to find that article with the tapping info at the ATT phone Co. building in St. Louis.

Oh, I have a funny story regarding that. Our phone calls started out with excellent quality and suddenly the quality dropped. Along with that, we noticed certain things changed, such as all of our mail was searched on both sides (as in we noticed it was all opened and repasted so it could have been his side or our side or both), I got pulled aside flying back and they had records of all my travels to question me about, not only ones on that passport, etc. Anyway, back to the phone. We were engaging in certain "activities" on the phone. I got really mad one day and just yelled "I do not care if you listen to me, but if the quality of my line does not improve immediately, there will be no more [activity]!!!" Amazingly, from that day on, I had crystal clear calls. Could be coincedence. Maybe not :)

OMG! This means the gov't has seen my sexy half nekkid pix that I sent to my Husband for his eyes only! :blink:

somebody.........somewhere..........is examining your pic in a cubicle in homeland security. :whistle:

:)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/307/index.html

Here we go ! Watch the video how your emails and phone calls are intercepted.

Hey Omoba,

I remember watching that and thinking to myself, "I am not surprised by anything our government does and denies doing :whistle: ." Thats the price we pay as americans for having liberties that other countries only dream of :huh: . Liberation does come with a price tag :blush: .

That price tag has robbed us of freedom of privacy and will continue to rob us of our liberty.

It is done in the name of liberty but will ultimitely police us as a Nation.

It is unconstitutional. We are being brainwashed with the tool of fear to consent to things our fathers never dreamed of.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
OMG! This means the gov't has seen my sexy half nekkid pix that I sent to my Husband for his eyes only! :blink:

somebody.........somewhere..........is examining your pic in a cubicle in homeland security. :whistle:

:cry: Jerks.

that may well describe their current activity. :innocent:

:ranting::protest:

http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/307/index.html

Here we go ! Watch the video how your emails and phone calls are intercepted.

Hey Omoba,

I remember watching that and thinking to myself, "I am not surprised by anything our government does and denies doing :whistle: ." Thats the price we pay as americans for having liberties that other countries only dream of :huh: . Liberation does come with a price tag :blush: .

That price tag has robbed us of freedom of privacy and will continue to rob us of our liberty.

It is done in the name of liberty but will ultimitely police us as a Nation.

It is unconstitutional. We are being brainwashed with the tool of fear to consent to things our fathers never dreamed of.

According to the news broadcast it's against the 4th and 6th amendments.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The news broadcast also points out though that the government was criticized after the Sept 11 attacks for not doing enough to protect us. Now they are secretly doing this to data mine and protect us but those of us not doing anything wrong feel it's a violation of privacy, which it is.

I liked what the Congress woman had to say about it. That the technology is very advanced but that the government needed to operate within the laws.

This is all new frontier that the new laws need to be pioneered and created. I for one certainly do not believe my private emails are for the government eyes like as if viewing a post card because the email servers are able to view them. They rarely view them and they have privacy legislation to dictate that with communication acts.

It is finding the line between at what point is this a matter of national security vs. a violation of our civil liberties?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Yes, new laws need to be provided and they need to operate within that law. What concerns me is that the government can take this information and have the power to intimidate and use it as they see fit ,all in the name of security, whereas the internet server has a different agenda but they can not show up at your desk at work and question you like the men in the suits can.

Internet servers can gather data primarily for marketing etc. and of course we won't send bank account info through email because of hackers but can you imagine the power the government has, to do what they want to with our private data ?

And then when you request a FOIA from the entities that be, all of a sudden it takes 2 years for them to disclose that gathered data ?

Is the excuse of backlog to process a FOIA not a sloppy diversion for us to remain in the dark where the data came from and how it was obtained ?

Let me by example bring it into the immigration realm:

Applicant denied and not told the reason or partial reason.

Applicant / Petitioner files for FOIA so he can defend and form a rebuttal.

Immigration entities take the privilege to delay a response to this request for years.

Now who has been operating outside the law by gathering private data to deny ? And who remains in the dark ?

Why would they admit oh yes, we have this data about you and we don't like it and we got it by breaking the law......heck no they would rather drag the FOIA request out until the cows come home.

* STEPS OFF SOAPBOX * red in the face and breathing wildly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

where is everyone? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.