Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I know! I'm really excited about it and I hope it all does pan out. It was like too much of a coincedene. I've been asking spirit for awhile now (what next after college graduation?) I think I just got my answer!. :D

I asked the producers what they had in mind for me and they said they would send me there to document it like being my own film maker. It's a bonus for them that my degree is in the school of journalism and mass media so I can apply those objective skills to my documentary work. They liked the 10 minute short I did last semester on "The Untold Stories of Rape". Very tender topic.

Sweet! Are they providing the film and equipment? I know film is so expensive.

When do you think you'll ask your husband?

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I know! I'm really excited about it and I hope it all does pan out. It was like too much of a coincedene. I've been asking spirit for awhile now (what next after college graduation?) I think I just got my answer!. :D

I asked the producers what they had in mind for me and they said they would send me there to document it like being my own film maker. It's a bonus for them that my degree is in the school of journalism and mass media so I can apply those objective skills to my documentary work. They liked the 10 minute short I did last semester on "The Untold Stories of Rape". Very tender topic.

Sweet! Are they providing the film and equipment? I know film is so expensive.

When do you think you'll ask your husband?

I know that part of it is a grant for $50,000 which is really a low shoe string budget production and I would expect that the production company provides the equipment. I don't believe they expect me to edit it. I believe they expect me to collect the footage though for a period of 10 months and then they sift through it.

If Waleed makes it and the connection is good I'm going to get to talk to him at 1pm today!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
I know that part of it is a grant for $50,000 which is really a low shoe string budget production and I would expect that the production company provides the equipment. I don't believe they expect me to edit it. I believe they expect me to collect the footage though for a period of 10 months and then they sift through it.

If Waleed makes it and the connection is good I'm going to get to talk to him at 1pm today!

Yeah, I guess jsut ask and be sure because it would really suck if they expected you to pay for the rental of the camera and buy your own film.

Otherwise totally awesome! Let me know if he says yes!! If he says no, Ammar and I can come LOL :)

Timeline

Yeah, I guess jsut ask and be sure because it would really suck if they expected you to pay for the rental of the camera and buy your own film.

Otherwise totally awesome! Let me know if he says yes!! If he says no, Ammar and I can come LOL :)

:D Do you do documentary film-making?

We did have a long discussion about budget and time and they said it would be a good first job for me just out of college. :P Means they want to pay me low. But I don't really care because the experience would be good and my Husband can come along. We did discuss their equipment. I assumed since they bid on the project they already planned to use their equipment and just needed someone willing to go to those regions with the UN workers who had the skills and know how for the documentary.

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
:D Do you do documentary film-making?

We did have a long discussion about budget and time and they said it would be a good first job for me just out of college. :P Means they want to pay me low. But I don't really care because the experience would be good and my Husband can come along. We did discuss their equipment. I assumed since they bid on the project they already planned to use their equipment and just needed someone willing to go to those regions with the UN workers who had the skills and know how for the documentary.

I had several freinds who did film and I know a couple (friends of my parents) who do documentary films.. writing, shooting, produciton, the whole deal. I don't do anything myself, lol. When I was younger I wanted to make a documentary about puffins on one of the tiny shetland islands LOL.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Olivia - this is so cool - I hope it all flies for you. I would love to see it someday on HBO documentaries. Girl - you never know it could even be up for an Oscar?!?!? I'm getting ahead of myself but still, it is very awesome!

Timeline

Staashi lol! I doubt it a documentary of the UN teaching tribes in Africa how to grow potatoes will win an Oscar. :lol: Too cute! But hey it's a start in my career. :D

I had several freinds who did film and I know a couple (friends of my parents) who do documentary films.. writing, shooting, produciton, the whole deal. I don't do anything myself, lol. When I was younger I wanted to make a documentary about puffins on one of the tiny shetland islands LOL.

I'm not sure what puffins are? :lol:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
I'm not sure what puffins are? :lol:

LOL! These guys:

Puffin2lores.jpg

i had this plan about living on this island which only has 2 other people on it-- but at the time it had a house for sale (this is kid logic, somehow it was still going to be for sale by now or whenever I was moving -or- I did also think i could convince my parents to move there). I thought I would spend lots of time at the cliffs and get teh puffins to adapt to me, then, I would make a film for Nature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:blink: tanorexia @ its best??? :unsure::unsure:

pink1.jpg

i see uno finally posted a pic of herself. :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Today is "THE" day and I am dying sitting by the phone. If anyone sees my sanity please return it

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Busy day for me. I wanted to share with my Sub-Saharan peeps that I got offered a job today with a production crew doing a documentary for the UN. I'm not certain of the details but it has to do with a program the UN does where they sponser a group of ppl who go around Africa and teach the ppl to grow potatoes or something like that. I was approached by two of the producers for the project who are aware that I'm graduating next May with a BS in radio/tv/digital media production and a minor in foreign and international affairs. Also twice I participated in the UN simulations representing Africa so I learned alot about the issues there & I'm on the Borah Symposium committee which some of you know about. The only thing is the UN group we're traveling with is going into some of the most high risk areas such as Darfur, the Congo, and some other places they mentioned that I forgot about. I told them I was already traveling to Egypt next summer to be with my Husband and they said I could take him with me if he's allowed to travel around Africa with I believe he is. They asked what he does and I told them he's a Doctor and he speaks and writes fluent English and Arabic and he would be familiar with the Islamic customs in some of the regions we're traveling in so it would be very helpful. They litterly stood there with their mouths openned wide and stunned. Like it was meant to be! :dance: I don't know if my Husband would support all of this or if it's ligit but it sounds like it because they've been in production for 10 years and it's pretty awesome. They have a 10 month time frame.

So with that being said I'll be paying even more attention to Africa now. :)

Livy, this sounds like a GREAT experience especially straight out of school! I am soooo happy for you! What a great opportunity :)

:blink: tanorexia @ its best??? :unsure::unsure:

pink1.jpg

i see uno finally posted a pic of herself. :dance:

:rofl: Ooooo Charles is gonna get it, oooooooo :lol:

Today is "THE" day and I am dying sitting by the phone. If anyone sees my sanity please return it

what's going on?

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wish I could , but Im having my own insane moments. I think Im not right in the head. :wacko:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I wish I could , but Im having my own insane moments. I think Im not right in the head. :wacko:

O Nagi!

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am wearing out my redial trying to get through to see how the interview went

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.