Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks everyone.

We are still here in the office. The wind has picked up, so far the smoke is still not coming our way. Its pretty smokey in that area, we cant really see much going on right now, just alot of white smoke. I would rather see white smoke than black, black smoke is an indicator that a structure is burning.

(L) P

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
may God send a hedge of protection around you and your family and home.

Hey "P" I'm in agreeance with the aforementioned prayer.

Mrs. Bassi, you better get yo'self in order, diabetes aint no joke. take care.

hello all, its hotter than hades outside :o and humidity is a biotch :blush:

UNO (F)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They have now closed the roads...but we are still here. There was a bad flare up for hte last 20 minutes it was pretty crazy it is VERY close to some houses, actualy completely surrounded a huge multi million dollar home and did not burn it!! I cant believe it I dont know how that house is still standing.

(L) P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
They have now closed the roads...but we are still here. There was a bad flare up for hte last 20 minutes it was pretty crazy it is VERY close to some houses, actualy completely surrounded a huge multi million dollar home and did not burn it!! I cant believe it I dont know how that house is still standing.

(L) P

P, I just got home and was reading your updates on the fire....you should really consider being a news reporter! You had me hanging on to every word!

Hope things have died down now. Be safe, mama!

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just I was was leaving the building it started to rain. I think things are under control now.

Anyway, I am safe, for now ;)

Bless God! :dance: I prayed for Him to control this wind and have this fire pass over you!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We love you, P and want you to be safe!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey guys.

Thanks for the luv! I hadn't monitored my sugars in so long my fingers have actually gotten sensitive to the pricking. It makes typing a little unnerving. Woweee! I'll be on the ball from now on. Bassi is a flaming mess! Lord, in an emergency, I'm gonna need a back up plan. He was reduced to tears and wanted to take me directly to the hospital on Saturday. I had to calm his butt down, then take care of myself. I'll prepare him once I'm feeling better on how to deal with my diabetes. If he has instructions I'm sure he'll do better. Poor guy! I rarely get sick anymore though. I won't bother thinking about pregnancy cause that will surely complicate my management plan. I have stress induced diabetes. Isn't that funny? Stress will kill ya! Anyway, my flare ups are ALWAYS related to the level of stress in my life at a given time. I'm coming off of the wedding reception (there was some family drama about who was invited and yada yada yada), a problem with an employee at work, possible layoffs in the State (I'm a state HR administrator and the governor just shut everything down cause we're poor up here in NY), and to top it all off, my mama and my girlfriend and her two kids were visiting me!! (Did I mention my daughter invited my ex husband to the wedding reception and he accepted?) Needless to say, my stress levels are coming down and my sugar levels are coming down. It'll just take a little while. I'm still projecting by Friday, I'll be feeling better.

Heather, I'm so glad to hear you're doing okay. Natural disasters are stressful, but I especially hate being trapped at WORK!!! During 9/11 I worked in NYC and was trapped at work because the Guard closed down the city for hours and wouldn't let anyone move. I was soooo stressed out because I wanted to be HOME!! There's nothing like being in your own house. Something safe about it. (Hugs sweetie) Take a hot shower and get some rest!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline
Hey guys.

Thanks for the luv! I hadn't monitored my sugars in so long my fingers have actually gotten sensitive to the pricking. It makes typing a little unnerving. Woweee! I'll be on the ball from now on. Bassi is a flaming mess! Lord, in an emergency, I'm gonna need a back up plan. He was reduced to tears and wanted to take me directly to the hospital on Saturday. I had to calm his butt down, then take care of myself. I'll prepare him once I'm feeling better on how to deal with my diabetes. If he has instructions I'm sure he'll do better. Poor guy! I rarely get sick anymore though. I won't bother thinking about pregnancy cause that will surely complicate my management plan. I have stress induced diabetes. Isn't that funny? Stress will kill ya! Anyway, my flare ups are ALWAYS related to the level of stress in my life at a given time. I'm coming off of the wedding reception (there was some family drama about who was invited and yada yada yada), a problem with an employee at work, possible layoffs in the State (I'm a state HR administrator and the governor just shut everything down cause we're poor up here in NY), and to top it all off, my mama and my girlfriend and her two kids were visiting me!! (Did I mention my daughter invited my ex husband to the wedding reception and he accepted?) Needless to say, my stress levels are coming down and my sugar levels are coming down. It'll just take a little while. I'm still projecting by Friday, I'll be feeling better.

Heather, I'm so glad to hear you're doing okay. Natural disasters are stressful, but I especially hate being trapped at WORK!!! During 9/11 I worked in NYC and was trapped at work because the Guard closed down the city for hours and wouldn't let anyone move. I was soooo stressed out because I wanted to be HOME!! There's nothing like being in your own house. Something safe about it. (Hugs sweetie) Take a hot shower and get some rest!

:blink::wacko: I can see how this would add to your stress...very uncomfortable situation

And then the fam drama with who was invited and not? Oh gosh. Tooooooo much stress makes me :crying:

You are strong girl!

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Timeline

Since there were some inquiries about Zee and how she is doing, I sent her a text and let her know she is well missed by her VJ fam.

Here is Zee's response:

"Hey! We are getting ready to come home on Thursday. I have soooooo many pics to share I cannot wait! I miss my VJ peeps."

I for one am so excited for their return :dance: :dance: :dance:

Lets pray for their safe return on Thursday :)

Edited by Asante Maroon
OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.