Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Uno,

Although you joke about your insomnia all of the time, I do pray that you are able to overcome that issue. I have the SAME "illness," but I seem to also enjoy the late night hours, because it feels like the world is mine then :dancing: .

hey stevii giirrrrrlll,

yes, yes, yes, I have to joke about it. If I did not joke about it, I would be in tears and a

"nuhvus wreck"

But, therein lies the problem. I get on the computer, clean the house, watch my taped dvr shows, style my hair, paint my nails, etc...The thing is, by the time I become sleepy (about 3:30am) I only have about 2 hours to sleep. Then, the cycle starts all over again :wacko: . And I complain about being tired yet AGAIN.

I watch t.v. until t.v. goes off, watch cable until infomercials come on, to tired to clean and do my nails, eeek, whats that :wacko: and then half sleep during the day, tired in the evening and awake all night long :blink:

I don't like medications, but my doc asked me to try Ambien, and wow, that stuff had me sleep-walk eating every night. :whistle: I would wake up in the mornings with crumbs on my lips and horrible tastes in my mouth, not knowing what-the-heck I had eaten and when I had eaten it. :unsure: It was the strangest thing.....And at times, I would be so euphoric and elated that my family thought I was on drugs (the illegal kinds).Then, I would be so down and depressed. It was as if Ambien was making me temporarily bipolar (BUT I WAS A SLEEPING GOOD :angry: ).

the side effects you mentioned are the major ones addressed in the commercial, no thanx, I already have a good ol' african american appetite:::sucks teeth:::::: :blush:

I chose to stop taking the meds. I'm still in search of a natural cure. In the meantime, I've got many books, lots of tivo shows, lots of VJ reading and an African Prince that I am trying to help get across the ocean to help rock me to sleep every night for the rest of my life. :D

been there and done that, no avail :whistle:

I pray that you are able to find the best way that is going to work for YOU to be able to get regular sleep. (Black might not crack, but wrinkles DO crinkle). I need my beauty rest! :help:

holla!!!!! :dance::dance:

Stevi

I do thank you for your wisdom observations and words of encouragement.

UNO (F)

Anytime........

my fellow nightstalker!

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was talking to Joseph today , last week he was travelling to his village and back and I guess the bus he was in had a tire blow out and several people died. He says he is ok because he was sitting towards the back , just a bad cut on his leg. I will be so glad when this is over and I don't have to worry about the bad connections for calls and all that other stuff. To think I was so close to having a really terrible end to the journey. I am just glad God was looking over him.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
I was talking to Joseph today , last week he was travelling to his village and back and I guess the bus he was in had a tire blow out and several people died. He says he is ok because he was sitting towards the back , just a bad cut on his leg. I will be so glad when this is over and I don't have to worry about the bad connections for calls and all that other stuff. To think I was so close to having a really terrible end to the journey. I am just glad God was looking over him.

Awwww, Sylvia (F)

I am so sorry Joseph had to experience that, but I am soooo glad God was looking over him and he is safe.

This is a long and hard journey, with so many emotions wrapped around it. It will be over soon and you and Joseph will be together.

Keep your head up and continue to pray for a speedy process. :thumbs:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Now I am curious about pink panties. lol

:unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am sorry that you had to experience such a helpless feeling being so far from Joseph. It is such a blessing that he survived unscathed.

I am amazed by the roads there in Nigeria. With "pot holes" the size of moon craters, and no traffic protocol, this will continue to be a problem. I pray that things get better there in this respect.

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have been on those roads . When I was in Lagos the only thing I could compare it to was Mr Toads Wild ride at Disney. When we went to meet his parents I was concerned enough with the speeds and the general condition of the car when all the sudden half the traffic decided to drive on the wrong side of a divided highway. Knowing how Nigeria tends to leave wrecks I will probably get to see the bus on some future visit off the side of the road.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Timeline

taps fingers. i know uno is around here somewhere!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

eeeeyeessss, whaddyawahnn?????? :yes:

whowahnnnstahkno?????? :hehe:

there she is! :dancing:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Timeline

eeeeyeessss, whaddyawahnn?????? :yes:

whowahnnnstahkno?????? :hehe:

there she is! :dancing:

uno is on patrol!

UNO is going to chase her zzzz's, hopefully I'll catch'em :luv:

night all (I hope) :help:

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.