Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I better find the ignore button so that I can have some peace of mind...some people are just :bonk:

That will make #3 on my list :thumbs:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Has anyone ever tried to bring a little jar of soil back from your SO's country ? It is against regulations and I didn't want to risk being fined but

I sure wish I had some :(

My sisters and I have brought back clay and rocks. We had no issues.

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Ahem...good afternoon :star:

Hey there Miss Lady.

I hope your afternoon is going better than mine is :wacko:

All of a sudden I have a pile of work. I guess now my bosses realize I am not going to be around for 3.5 weeks :angry:

Thats what usually happens to very competent people.... Your boss is prob afraid not much will get done when your gone. My afternoon is full of papers and catching up as usual + a little annoyance from VJ, but other than that... Happy to hear from you :lol:!

I better find the ignore button so that I can have some peace of mind...some people are just :bonk:

That will make #3 on my list :thumbs:

Feel ya on that one! :thumbs:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Has anyone ever tried to bring a little jar of soil back from your SO's country ? It is against regulations and I didn't want to risk being fined but

I will try it next time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

And what do you do with it?

I'm asking because my six year old is into rocks. The ones she has determined are "special" are all over her room and occassionally my living room. I've collected them into zip lock bags and was trying to think of something to do with them since she always seems to find more. I can see an interesting rock/stone and look at it, touch it, then PUT IT BACK. She has to HAVE it.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline

I'm asking because my six year old is into rocks. The ones she has determined are "special" are all over her room and occassionally my living room. I've collected them into zip lock bags and was trying to think of something to do with them since she always seems to find more. I can see an interesting rock/stone and look at it, touch it, then PUT IT BACK. She has to HAVE it.

My sisters just have them sitting on shelves. They also have some shells that are sitting in a bag somewhere. My sister brought back a rock for a friend and I have no idea what he did with it.

Click for full timeline

Timeline

You can buy a decor fountain and instead of using the pepples that usually come with the box you can arrange the rocks around it

if they aren't too big and let the water cacade over them.

Then you think of all the places you collected them from. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just dropped in to say that I am alive, as you know Justice is going through some problems at work I dont have time to elaborate, but things are worse. My kids came home from thier trip so I am busy. I also have been given a new project at work..... have a close friend that is going through hell right now I am trying to support her through her probelms, I did not want you to think I have abandoned VJ. I am around but dont really have time to post. I am trying to hold things together....

Timeline

You can buy a decor fountain and instead of using the pepples that usually come with the box you can arrange the rocks around it

Making a fountain is a good idea and a great project we can do together. I'll just have to consider where I can put it where it's her prize, but we aren't cleaning it up all the time. She is six after all. Thanks for the idea!!

AOS

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
Making a fountain is a good idea and a great project we can do together. I'll just have to consider where I can put it where it's her prize, but we aren't cleaning it up all the time. She is six after all. Thanks for the idea!!

When did she turn six? I have a six year old, too...geez, I can't believe she is six already. Time flies!!!

Edited by LovinLiberia

Timeline
I just dropped in to say that I am alive, as you know Justice is going through some problems at work I dont have time to elaborate, but things are worse. My kids came home from thier trip so I am busy. I also have been given a new project at work..... have a close friend that is going through hell right now I am trying to support her through her probelms, I did not want you to think I have abandoned VJ. I am around but dont really have time to post. I am trying to hold things together....

(L)

Be strong sis! It's only a season.

AOS

Timeline

Remember to add water frequently or the motor will run dry and burn up. Keep the water level as indicated on the instructions.

Plus you don't have to run it every day.

Filed: Other Timeline
good morning all :D

(beatcha charles :P )

I'm going to bed :sleepy:

why are you going to bed so late?

I am a terrible insomniac by nite, hypersomniac by day :angry:

(but anyway, still beatcha :hehe: )

and yes, one can change their ssn but it needs to be for a good reason, like id theft. no, you don't change your ssn due to name change/marriage.

:thumbs:and to add to that, for reasons of safety such as severe and documented domestic abuse which leads to witness protection

(which will lead to an :ot:discussion)

Uno, why are you going to bed at 6 AM????

(see answer to charles' question (L) )

Morning everyone hump days are always great

Asante....you just have to hear the tomfoolery that is on this CD!!! It's a mess!

Hey don't you like Badu??? Want a free CD?

no thanks...not feelin the occult

So funny how we thought the same thing!

It's official, Uno...I'm doing MYSELF a favor. Expect a package by next week. :hehe:

:oI said :no::no: and thats what I meant, dangit ;):P

LL you are wrong for the term "tomfoolery" :dead: even though its befitting

p.s. sorry I missed your call back, went to dominos -_-

Nope, tomfoolery is perfect. It's cool, I just thought you were tired of talking to us.

:no: , hellions got hungry :yes:

Uno, why are you going to bed at 6 AM????

Morning everyone hump days are always great

I *think* her sleeping schedule is sometimes off because of her insomnia.

:yes::thumbs:

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.