Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Naming party ..........for Zainab and Zeinab............who is the Z and who is the Zee ? :help: I had it all down and now I got confused again.

Hi Naggie, keep cleaning, time is getting close :P

I am Zee. Zainab came and stole my name.

Besides, I was here first :whistle:

Naming party ..........for Zainab and Zeinab............who is the Z and who is the Zee ? :help: I had it all down and now I got confused again.

I got complimented today when I was out shopping. I was told Im wearing a very big smile and Im glowing. Hmmmmm, I can't imagine why. :dance:

I am sure you are just shining Nagi :)

I'm older so I get to keep the name! I like being called Bassi's Zainab. :blush:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Exactly one more month.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Exciting!!!!

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you, Zee # 1 !!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Okay, so no one may care, lol, but I googled the coffee scent thing and I'm not the only one! LOL!

A girl wrote this on her blog...

"Yep, it sounds weird, I know. But I happen to be in love with the way airplanes smell in general. Now, I'm not talking about the aroma emerging after a 4-hour flight with a horde of sweaty passengers. I'm referring to the way planes smell right before the passengers board. It's the lingering smell of cleaning solvents, mixed with a hint of coffee. To be frank, it's an aroma that I can't quite put my finger on exactly. But it's a sterile, yet inviting scent that never seems to fail me."

Maybe she and I are both crazy for noticing it. :help::lol:

Exactly one more month.

:dance::dance::dance: We're going to have to do a countdown. Are you going to have a slumber party on VJ? Or will you be too busy getting your beauty rest?

0h heck no! Im really supposed to keep quiet about it. My Fiance and I are very private people, but I guess I will be about as nervous as a ####### in church and busy getting ready to see my baby. It has been soooooooooo long since I saw his beautiful face. Oh my...just thinking about it is, well, you get the idea.

:rofl:

Timeline

What's so funny, 0?

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

ok so Zee #1 is Zenusah's Zeinab and Z ( #2) is Bassie's Zainab how about that ?

That got me thinking, did your SO's give you African names ? I am Nyapo, Mende name meaning young woman. Well, he got the woman right ( or the right woman ) but young I am not, but hey I took it and ran with it. :D

The ####### in church thing you said cracked me up.

Timeline

My name is actually Arabic. There is a Ghanaian version which I have HATED since before I can remember. My name is pretty common in Northern Ghana.

My dad is the one who nicknamed me "Zee". I don't think I have ever heard my parents call me "Zeinab". Throughout school, college and now work its "Zee".

Sometimes when someone calls me "Zeinab" I don't realize they are talking to me :blush:

Click for full timeline

Timeline
ok so Zee #1 is Zenusah's Zeinab and Z ( #2) is Bassie's Zainab how about that ?

That got me thinking, did your SO's give you African names ? I am Nyapo, Mende name meaning young woman. Well, he got the woman right ( or the right woman ) but young I am not, but hey I took it and ran with it. :D

The ####### in church thing you said cracked me up.

Well ?? :blush:

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

One of my nicknames for him is Ole...anyone who listen's to 2face Idibia should know what it means. I couldn't remember if he ever gave me an Vai nickname so I called him and asked him and he couldn't remember, either, but he is thinking of one now. When I get home I should have a fresh new nickname thanks to Omoba. :lol:

Dear LL.........I had regulation fish to fry.........but about the coffee.........does it come in french vanilla or hazelnut ?

Again, just when I start having fun here it's s time to go to work .........blah..........later gator !

You're silly! :blush::star:

Yes, you always miss the fun just when things are getting heated up in here. Have a great day.

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!

I have been missing you guys I haven't been replying much but I do read a lot I guess you could say that I am lurking about.

I have been celebrating quietly with all of you there has been soooooo many of approvals and welcome homes recently.

CONGRATS to everyone!!!!!

I am really happy for you.

BASSI AND ZAINAB CONGRATS ON YOUR WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy & Ola

LOVE is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared

I-130

2006-Met Online!

3/2/07-Married in Lagos!

3/12/07- Mailed I-130 to CSC

3/19/07-CSC received application

3/23/07-Received NOA-1 in mail from CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-APPROVAL-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

K-3

3/?/07-Mailed I-129F to Chicago

4/9/07-Received at Chicago

4/11/07-Recieved NOA-1 Case being transferred to CSC

4/25/07-Received NOA-1 Case at CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-Approval-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

8/29/07-Called NVC was told my petition was sent to Lagos Cons. Aug.22, 2007 got my case #

8/31/07-Received NVC Approval Letter in the Mail

9/4/07-Husband picked up packets 3 and 4-Interview Date Set for Oct.31st, 2007!

10/31/07-K3 Interview-APPROVED!!!!!!

11/06/07-Pick up Visa

11/10/07-POE Atlanta

AOS JOURNEY

12/21/07-Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12/23/07-Chicago Lockbox received AOS and EAD petition

01/04/08-NOA1 received for AOS and EAD via mail

01/29/08-Biometrics!

02/19/08-Touched! EAD Card Production Ordered

02/26/08-Email from CRIS EAD Approval Letter sent out

02/27/08-EAD Card received in mail

02/28/08-Applied for SS#

03/01/08-Received AOS Appt. Letter in Mail(No touches or emails on this case)

04/29/08-AOS Interview! Approved!

Timeline

That could be a good thing about the approaching heat I mean ;)

We used our African names so much that I was afraid the email proof would cause some raised eyebrows.

His name is Oketo which means a great man. I am just ( young ) woman ........why can't I be a great woman too I asked. That went right in one and out the other ........even his friends address me as Nyapo in email or IRL.

Timeline

Have a good work day. I hope you don't have Mrs. Gass .

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
My name is actually Arabic. There is a Ghanaian version which I have HATED since before I can remember. My name is pretty common in Northern Ghana.

My dad is the one who nicknamed me "Zee". I don't think I have ever heard my parents call me "Zeinab". Throughout school, college and now work its "Zee".

Sometimes when someone calls me "Zeinab" I don't realize they are talking to me :blush:

There's a ghanaian version of Zainab? What is it?

I've seen it spelled Zaynab as well. I kind of like that spelling though. I think it depends on who wrote the Quran/Qu'ran/Koran what spelling you find. :whistle:

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!

I have been missing you guys I haven't been replying much but I do read a lot I guess you could say that I am lurking about.

I have been celebrating quietly with all of you there has been soooooo many of approvals and welcome homes recently.

CONGRATS to everyone!!!!!

I am really happy for you.

BASSI AND ZAINAB CONGRATS ON YOUR WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Amy. How are things going? How is the adjustment going having your husband home finally?

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline

There's a ghanaian version of Zainab? What is it?

I've seen it spelled Zaynab as well. I kind of like that spelling though. I think it depends on who wrote the Quran/Qu'ran/Koran what spelling you find. :whistle:

I think "Zaynab" is the best way to spell it because there is less of a chance that it will get mispronounced.

The Ghanaian version is "Zenabu" :dead:

ETA: I don't think the name is actually mentioned in the Quran. I think its just how it was translated from Arabic.

Edited by ZeeNusah

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.