Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

They are trying to make force him to quit. It upsets me so much. How can humans be so evil to each other?

Man, that really sucks!! Keep yourself in prayer and also start searching for another job. The stress is not worth the principle. And don't forget you can vent to us on VJ, we're here to listen and there's no copay. :thumbs:

Do permanent residents have the same rights as citizens do as far as labor laws? I need to find out what rights he has I am going to fight this. A big company like this can not treat peole this way and get away with it. He is worried he does not feel like he has any rights and that is wrong.

Yes, they do.

What are they doing? The biggest issue is being able to prove it.

:wow: I single handedly silenced this thread...sorry yall!

No sweetie! My man just came home and we got married today. I have a ton of laundry to do. As soon as I get caught up, I'll be back on VJ!

Congrats lady!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
They are trying to make force him to quit. It upsets me so much. How can humans be so evil to each other?

Man, that really sucks!! Keep yourself in prayer and also start searching for another job. The stress is not worth the principle. And don't forget you can vent to us on VJ, we're here to listen and there's no copay. :thumbs:

Do permanent residents have the same rights as citizens do as far as labor laws? I need to find out what rights he has I am going to fight this. A big company like this can not treat peole this way and get away with it. He is worried he does not feel like he has any rights and that is wrong.

Yes, they do.

they have pulled him off of what he normally does and stuck him in a crapy place with no explanation. There are co workers who are teling him this is a race issue. Its so hard to know when you are not there. I got him to go to HR today and the HR woman had no idea any ofthis had appened to him that they had changed his normal job title or anything, she said what is happning is not procedure. So he sounded better when I spoke to him a while ago. I have been so sad since this happened he is a good man and a hard worker. I have not been eating or sleeping very well since he left this time.

No sweetie! My man just came home and we got married today. I have a ton of laundry to do. As soon as I get caught up, I'll be back on VJ!

CONGRATS on getting married today :dance::dance::dance: Go ahead and do that laundry !!!!!!! :lol: See you back in a while!!!!!

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Timeline

THAT IS WHERE EVERYONE WAS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bonk: I DID NOT TAKE THE DAY OFF FOR B&Zs WEDDING!!!!!!!!!! :bonk: OH I am so happy for you CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!! :dancing:

Timeline

as best I know, since he is here legally, yes, HE does have rights, exactly as any other USC.

p.s. try contacting the labor board in your state :star:

nah, you did not do it, I've been lurking off and on B) .

but if you did do it, I can recommend a couple of threads you should "shock" into silence :devil:

Jeezzzz do I smell or what? :(

:unsure:umm, dunno :blink: not trying to get THAT close 2 ya :whistle:

Thank you UNO, and uh no I dont smell...

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Oh I am so happy that God provided today ! I was so broke and prayed for God to bless me financially so I could make it this month.

Well He did.............in walked a client who bought 18 massage treatments in advance for $ 960 !!!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyy......thank you Jesus !!!!!!!!

Another blessing : AD&Jim referred me to a lawyer to do the waiver for under $ 1000 ( others charge $ 4000 - $ 8000, cheaper ones usually are clueless ). This one was knowledgeable and personable and gave me a 30 min free consultation and I know she is the one to go with.

Please pray that the house in Germany sells so we can begin the rest of the journey !

I have been depressed for so long and finally can see a ray of light from the bottom of the abyss. There is hope for us somewhere.

I am hoping to start the waiver leg work in September / October. We have until April 09 to submit it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

That is great news Omoba. God truly looks out for His own :)

I hope that everything else falls into place.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I told you , 0....you are getting ready for a breakthrough and that was why the devil was messing with you so bad and God was silent!

All I can say is PRAISE GOD!! YAY JESUS!!

Really, Im so happy for you, Sis!!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

good night. I hope you are smiling like I am right now !

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Oh I am so happy that God provided today ! I was so broke and prayed for God to bless me financially so I could make it this month.

Well He did.............in walked a client who bought 18 massage treatments in advance for $ 960 !!!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyy......thank you Jesus !!!!!!!!

Another blessing : AD&Jim referred me to a lawyer to do the waiver for under $ 1000 ( others charge $ 4000 - $ 8000, cheaper ones usually are clueless ). This one was knowledgeable and personable and gave me a 30 min free consultation and I know she is the one to go with.

Please pray that the house in Germany sells so we can begin the rest of the journey !

I have been depressed for so long and finally can see a ray of light from the bottom of the abyss. There is hope for us somewhere.

I am hoping to start the waiver leg work in September / October. We have until April 09 to submit it.

Things are looking up for you!!!!!! Cheer up Omoba, you will get that waiver started this Sept/Oct. Good looking out on that referral to AD&Jim. Praying for you to have the results you desire to put a happy ending to this visa journey!!!!

Yes, they do.

they have pulled him off of what he normally does and stuck him in a crapy place with no explanation. There are co workers who are teling him this is a race issue. Its so hard to know when you are not there. I got him to go to HR today and the HR woman had no idea any ofthis had appened to him that they had changed his normal job title or anything, she said what is happning is not procedure. So he sounded better when I spoke to him a while ago. I have been so sad since this happened he is a good man and a hard worker.

I have not been eating or sleeping very well since he left this time.

I hope they will not retaliate against him for going to HR. I know when I was having a problem at this one job I worked and was suspended for no reason by the office manager. I filed a grievance procedure with the Employee Relations Dept. and they reversed the suspension and had to pay me and wipe the suspension from my record.If it is a big company they may have a dept that handle complaints within HR. I hope he is able to resolve the situation, it does not sound fair at all!!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

g'morning all :sleepy: .

congratulations Bassi and Zainab on the nuptuals :dance:(L):dance: .

and more congrats to you "mother" omoba on the financial windfall :D , more is on the way ;) ,

just keep your knees bent, head low and hands high :yes: .

"P" I hope everything works out for hubster in the future :) .

remember, "no weapon formed against us shall prosper" :innocent:

UNO (F)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.