Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Had I met my husband here in America, I would not have looked at him all. He's tall and lanky, but it would have been where and with whom he hung out that would have turned me off. In Africa most of the people I saw him with were family folks who didn't drink or smoke. Once here, all that went out the window. Here, the drinking, smoking and not wanting to go to Church is a huge nail in my chest.

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boaz,

When I went to the Bamenda region I was struck by how many people had nice teeth. There was one tribe, Banso, where it seemed like they all had straight healthy looking teeth. I asked about it and the people I was with thought it was strange for me to say that. A few of the people had never seen braces in their lives!

Filed: Other Timeline
(over exaggerated J-Lo accent) jo'llaahh Cheeespaaahh!!!! :P

Muy bien Uno. You pronounced it correctly. :thumbs:

Chispas,

Parece que hablas bien el Espanol. Me dio la curiosidad, de donde eres la verdad y que haces. Veo que das sugerencias buenas y dices cosas bien chistosa.

Agradeciendola en anticipacion,

Chinemeze

Baya!!! Soy una chiva loca que anda por alli vacilando a la gente. Trato de ser ligera con las sugerencias porque ya pase por mi trauma y no es nada chistoza. Te mando un PM cuando llego a casa

Hey Chis B) ,

I must work on my espanol/spanglish :hehe: .

It seems you said

"berry??" you are a crazy nanny goat walking/working for *alli*"????? :no::yes::huh:

if my translation is off :o , its because I have not spoken spanish since high school. and as you know, I grew up in the 70's ;) so that is a gooood indicator of my age bracket :hehe: . I have been laughing :lol: at my translation for the last couple of days

and just got brave enough to post it :D:P .

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

(over exaggerated J-Lo accent) jo'llaahh Cheeespaaahh!!!! :P

Muy bien Uno. You pronounced it correctly. :thumbs:

Chispas,

Parece que hablas bien el Espanol. Me dio la curiosidad, de donde eres la verdad y que haces. Veo que das sugerencias buenas y dices cosas bien chistosa.

Agradeciendola en anticipacion,

Chinemeze

Baya!!! Soy una chiva loca que anda por alli vacilando a la gente. Trato de ser ligera con las sugerencias porque ya pase por mi trauma y no es nada chistoza. Te mando un PM cuando llego a casa

Hey Chis B) ,

I must work on my espanol/spanglish :hehe: .

It seems you said

"berry??" you are a crazy nanny goat walking/working for *alli*"????? :no::yes::huh:

if my translation is off :o , its because I have not spoken spanish since high school. and as you know, I grew up in the 70's ;) so that is a gooood indicator of my age bracket :hehe: . I have been laughing :lol: at my translation for the last couple of days

and just got brave enough to post it :D:P .

Good Uno. Igive you a B+ for your translation. Baya = Wow ( in slang terms) and chiva loca= crazy goat. Alli = around there. So I said Wow! I am just a silly goat going around joking around with people. I grew up in the 70's too so don't feel bad. The only difference is that was in another country then and spent some summers in the US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Well, I think Bassi and I wouldn't have been good friends if I just met him walking down the street. He looks gangsta....hat pulled down low serious mean look on his face ALL the time. But then he smiles and the sun rises. I wish he would smile all the time. I never saw a pic with him smiling until I was in it with him. Isn't that wierd? I don't have a physical type really. If you lined my exes up you wouldn't find a common denominator except for me. Until you spoke to them and got to know them. Bassi is my intellectual/spiritual type. I've never dated a man I wasn't friends with first. I hope my daughters follow suit. But who knows what they'll do.....

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone. I only dropped in now after the game (Ghana vs Nigeria)....now I can relax for the Giants - Patriots game :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline
Hi everyone. I only dropped in now after the game (Ghana vs Nigeria)....now I can relax for the Giants - Patriots game :)

yay giants! :dance::dance::dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

nudge nudge. anyone around? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My Jayhawks won, Ghana won and the Giants won.....life don't get no better than that :dance::dance::dance:

Good morning everyone....make it a great one.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.