Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Where is everyone :unsure: ?

I'm here, mama! Barely awake and just plane old tired. Watching Harry Potter with the Hubby.

Lost my cell in a dollar van in Brooklyn yesterday. So its pretty much a wrap for my phone. I have to wait till Tuesday to get a replacement. Lost all my numbers and my 1.5 year old texts from my hubby when he was in GH and I was here :cry:

I think I'm gonna make it :lol:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm here, mama! Barely awake and just plane old tired. Watching Harry Potter with the Hubby.

Lost my cell in a dollar van in Brooklyn yesterday. So its pretty much a wrap for my phone. I have to wait till Tuesday to get a replacement. Lost all my numbers and my 1.5 year old texts from my hubby when he was in GH and I was here :cry:

Oh man, that sucks. Sorry about that.

I don't know what I would do if I lost my phone :girlwerewolf2xn:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Oh man, that sucks. Sorry about that.

I don't know what I would do if I lost my phone :girlwerewolf2xn:

You tellin' me :wacko:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

me here, i just woke up. :dead:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Morning everyone! That story about the Somolian people was funny and sad at the same time. I told my hubby about it in the car and he cracked up laughing, but he could sympathize with them since he's still a bit jumpy, too. Wars can definately traumatize people. He said last year, shortly before Liberia's Independence celebration, the media had to broadcast 3 weeks in advance that they were going to do a fireowork show. He said everyday on the radio you would hear "On July 26th, the government will be conducting a firework show...DON'T PANIC! Come and see the show at 9pm...DON'T PANIC! Tell all of your friends and family and tell everyone NOT TO PANIC! Come out and have a good time, but just DON'T PANIC!" :lol:

so this is somewhat officially my favorite thread i just love the randomness of it it's like everyone is talking about the same thing but it all has nothing to do with each other!

Evelyn

Yeah, this thread can get a bit crazy at times. I love this thread, too. Thanks for starting it Omoba!

I would've had the biggest tantrum if I lost my phone with all of my old texts in it. :crying:

Good morning everyone!

17 days until I leave :dance: :dance: :dance:

:dance::dance::dance: Have fun!

Timeline
Good morning everyone!

17 days until I leave :dance: :dance: :dance:

Can you put me in your suitcase??? :lol:

HAVE LOADS OF FUN!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU, MAMA! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I would've had the biggest tantrum if I lost my phone with all of my old texts in it. :crying:

I had to hold it back, girl!!!

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Our AOS case is moving along. We just got an email that our case was transferred to CSC. Hopefully, we won't have an interview.

HI ZAINAB! I see you at the bottom. :D:D

Ooooh. She had better post an update.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. My husband and I traveled to ATL to participate in the Peachtree Road Race (10k). Never in my life did I imagine I could do such a thing. But I finished and received my T-Shirt. Of course I did not finish first, but thank goodness I was not last. :)

Asante - sorry to hear about your phone.

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey ya'll!!

I'm a bit out of it. Confused and not sure where I am, ya know what I mean?

Anywhoo, I got home on Wed night/Thurs morning. We are soooo happy and have time alone before the ball of energy gets back from visiting with grandma. The cat is home though and has taken to Bassi very quickly I must say. Although, I used to put the phone to his ear and Bassi swears that he talked even though he thinks I'm crazy. Bassi is the only man who not only puts up with my craziness but seems to embrace it. God bless him. He was sent especially for me.

Ya'll are gonna have to catch me up. I'm not at work yet so I don't have time to go through all the posts. ;) But I'll work on it slowly.

I'm so glad that I went through this with you guys!! You helped me make a memory. And this was a great memory!!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.