Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Yes, it was pure hell for a decade in Sierra Leone and extreme poverty and weak infrastructure is still the reality.

There are thousands of amputees, ex child soldiers are roaming the streets, the country is trying to rehabilitate them and had some success with that but many children still are so emotionally wounded.

The atrocities were unthinkable.

Yes. Maybe that could be a theme: The Rehabilitation of a Country.

So how can I watch this film, will it ever be made available for regular distribution ?

I am unsure if it's avaliable for regular distribution but you might try your local video stores documentary selection and if they don't have it request it. Maybe it's avaliable for purchse online?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
" The Rehabilitation of a Country " holds a hopeful perspective towards a positive outcome as a theme.

How do I go about getting this film shown in a community setting, how do I get in contact with a person who will show it in my town ?

I believe at that site there is contact information on the right hand side for selection. Then you can go from there.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
" The Rehabilitation of a Country " holds a hopeful perspective towards a positive outcome as a theme.

How do I go about getting this film shown in a community setting, how do I get in contact with a person who will show it in my town ?

I believe at that site there is contact information on the right hand side for selection. Then you can go from there.

Wow, it's exciting that she called you guys up. :thumbs: I hope the coordination of all of that works out. That movie looks very interesting and I will look into getting a copy of it myself. I hope I don't cry when I see it. :unsure:

Timeline

Wow, it's exciting that she called you guys up. :thumbs: I hope the coordination of all of that works out. That movie looks very interesting and I will look into getting a copy of it myself. I hope I don't cry when I see it. :unsure:

Her agent or assisstant was the one that called. They tried to get her two years ago for the "women of war" theme from what I am told. Of either of you get to watch it let me know!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Other Timeline
Thanks for the welcome! :goofy:

LL - It's called the Borah Symposium at the University of Idaho. It's an annual 3-5 day event where we discuss the causes of war and the pathes to peace. Each year the committee discusses all the options and what theme we want to put on. This year I was lucky enough to be selected for the committee as one of four student. It's made up of eight faculty and four students. We were looking at brining the Liberian President to talk or the Nicaraguan President. We got the call from the Liberian President first that she is doing some kind of book tour in the US about the same time our symposium is next year and would we like her to come. So our committee discussed it and made an offer to her and now we're waiting until July to know for sure if she is come.

In the meantime this documentary film about Liberia was recommended for us to watch. It gives me goosebumps and chills.

http://www.praythedevilbacktohell.com/

this is awwsommme!! :wow::D

I am going to demand :bonk: that "family video" order this for me :yes: .

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Timeline

LL - It's called the Borah Symposium at the University of Idaho. It's an annual 3-5 day event where we discuss the causes of war and the pathes to peace. Each year the committee discusses all the options and what theme we want to put on. This year I was lucky enough to be selected for the committee as one of four student. It's made up of eight faculty and four students. We were looking at brining the Liberian President to talk or the Nicaraguan President. We got the call from the Liberian President first that she is doing some kind of book tour in the US about the same time our symposium is next year and would we like her to come. So our committee discussed it and made an offer to her and now we're waiting until July to know for sure if she is come.

In the meantime this documentary film about Liberia was recommended for us to watch. It gives me goosebumps and chills.

Awesomeness! :thumbs:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

see, this is what "insomnia" :luv: will do for a person :(

I just did some searchin' after peepin the aforementioned link and this is what I found

http://freedocumentaries.org/index.php?ct=26

they have some really good videos and such

(for my brothaz and sistaz who like to be socially and globally aware)

and its mostly if not all free :D

:blush: I want to go to sleep...arrggghhhh, uuugghhhhh :crying::crying:

I Am Uno!

Timeline

I just did some searchin' after peepin the aforementioned link and this is what I found

Oooooooooooh good one! Have you tried meditation tapes that slip you into theta waves and then into delta?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Oooooooooooh good one! Have you tried meditation tapes that slip you into theta waves and then into delta?

been there, done that, the lady on this one tape talks too much and on another, the music is weird (kinda like a slow acid trip :wacko: or :blink: ).

no thanx, but I'll pass. this is terrible, most ppl say there bed is calling, but I'm calling my bed and it wont answer me back :crying::crying:

Edited by unononehigher

I Am Uno!

Timeline

been there, done that, the lady on this one tape talks too much and on another, the music is weird (kinda like a slow acid trip :wacko: or :blink: ).

no thanx, but I'll pass. this is terrible, most ppl say there bed is calling, but I'm calling my bed and it wont answer me back :crying::crying:

Well what about one of those alarm clocks that puts you to sleep with gental nature sounds. They have like a selection of six different sounds. Waves, thunder storms, creeks, jungle sounds, ect....

Sometime to get sleepy I just need to eat so I'm full, shave my legs so it's not prickly, and soak in a hot tub so I'm all muscle relaxed. Then I pass out.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Well what about one of those alarm clocks that puts you to sleep with gental nature sounds. They have like a selection of six different sounds. Waves, thunder storms, creeks, jungle sounds, ect....

Sometime to get sleepy I just need to eat so I'm full, shave my legs so it's not prickly, and soak in a hot tub so I'm all muscle relaxed. Then I pass out.

;) .....

I'm going to look into those. Been wanting one for a long time, not for sleep purposes, but just because I'm eclectic like that. I'm full and don't need to eat at off peak hours (hehee). And I don't really shave my legs, not the hairy type of woman (thank gawwd).

And I have a doc appt in a couple of hours so I will shower in a bit.

But I do thank you for the suggestions, if all else fails, theres always pharmaceutical assistance to get me to sleep

p.s. good morning sub-saharan :sleepy:

I Am Uno!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Morning Uno and Sub Saharan peeps!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.