Ta Ta

Sub-saharan cyber cafe

4,195 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
(over exaggerated J-Lo accent) jo'llaahh Cheeespaaahh!!!! :P

Muy bien Uno. You pronounced it correctly. :thumbs:

Chispas,

Parece que hablas bien el Espanol. Me dio la curiosidad, de donde eres la verdad y que haces. Veo que das sugerencias buenas y dices cosas bien chistosa.

Agradeciendola en anticipacion,

Chinemeze

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chispas,

Parece que hablas bien el Espanol. Me dio la curiosidad, de donde eres la verdad y que haces. Veo que das sugerencias buenas y dices cosas bien chistosa.

Chinemeze

Baya!!! Soy una chiva loca que anda por alli vacilando a la gente. Trato de ser ligera con las sugerencias porque ya pase por mi trauma y no es nada chistoza. Te mando un PM cuando llego a casa

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Chispas,

Chinemeze

Baya!!! Soy una chiva loca que anda por alli vacilando a la gente. Trato de ser ligera con las sugerencias porque ya pase por mi trauma y no es nada chistoza. Te mando un PM cuando llego a casa

Nena,

Que barbaridad, vos habla super bien el espanol. Cuenta me ahora, porque quiero ser un poco chismoso. Que onda? parece que tenemos mucho que contar. Bueno despues hablaremos en mas detalles. cuidate y que estes super bien

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I just read this on Fox News. Someone allegedly left their children alone while they flew to Africa on marry someone they met on line. Hmmm ..........

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,326758,00.html

This is so shameful and sad. We don't need anymore negativity asociated with Nigeria.

Her sister was watching the kids, yeah right,,,, The fact that the kids ran out of money and food in 8 days, and the CPS contacted the girl in Nigeria, and she stayed for the original intended time. Tells me she was totally at fault.

She probably would have had a hard time meeting the 125% over poverty with a household of 8, but now whe can forget it.

Another thing, she says it was planned a year ago, and she has a one year old baby, Hmmmmm??????

Edited by We_Destiny

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just read this on Fox News. Someone allegedly left their children alone while they flew to Africa on marry someone they met on line. Hmmm ..........

This is so shameful and sad. We don't need anymore negativity asociated with Nigeria.

Her sister was watching the kids, yeah right,,,, The fact that the kids ran out of money and food in 8 days, and the CPS contacted the girl in Nigeria, and she stayed for the original intended time. Tells me she was totally at fault.

She probably would have had a hard time meeting the 125% over poverty with a household of 8, but now whe can forget it.

Must say that I absolutely agree with you.

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

The story seems awfully odd to me. Like something, a lot is missing. In between story. Maybe I just refuse to believe. But, they watch two young children for a father that works, why would he drop them off and leave them if no adult was there when he arrived. Every time? And a 16 year old and a 15 year old didn't heat up a pizza, or call the police or the missing sister for help. It doesn't add up to me. Something is off? Why were they starving if the fruit was sitting in a bowl going bad. Couldn't they have eaten the fruit if they were smart enough to climb up to the freezer and pull out a frozen pizza? They said the kids were starving and the older ones couldn't remember their dates of birth. That kind of effect comes from long term malnutrition, not from a few weeks. (less than a month as they described it) I just feel like the story seems incomplete and misjointed. Not all the information is there, kind of like a tabloid. The parts of the truth are presented that are sensational enough to sell.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The story seems awfully odd to me. Like something, a lot is missing. In between story. Maybe I just refuse to believe. But, they watch two young children for a father that works, why would he drop them off and leave them if no adult was there when he arrived. Every time? And a 16 year old and a 15 year old didn't heat up a pizza, or call the police or the missing sister for help. It doesn't add up to me. Something is off? Why were they starving if the fruit was sitting in a bowl going bad. Couldn't they have eaten the fruit if they were smart enough to climb up to the freezer and pull out a frozen pizza? They said the kids were starving and the older ones couldn't remember their dates of birth. That kind of effect comes from long term malnutrition, not from a few weeks. (less than a month as they described it) I just feel like the story seems incomplete and misjointed. Not all the information is there, kind of like a tabloid. The parts of the truth are presented that are sensational enough to sell.

I agree with you about the media pumping up the story for a sensational tabloid dimension. I also agree some of the small pieces to the story are some-what shady, the frozen pizza, the additional 2 children (the father had to know the lady was gone), why were they not in school. the old fruit (kids watching themselves eating fruit) i do not think they were starving in that short amount of time. It is alleged there was no formula and diapers for the infant, I can believe the kids probably changed the diapers to often and mixed the formula wrong. The provisions the mother left for them were not rationed out the way she had hoped

Why I believe it actually happended, because, the children were found only a week after the mother left the country (the original story aired Jan 7) http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Ho...mp;pageId=1.1.1. It took her and additional 3 weeks to return home. If it was an accident or a misunderstanding with her sister, I would think, she would have come home as soon as she was contacted about the children's welfare.

Maybe, I am a little hard about the issue with out having all the facts, but in Chicago people get caught leaving their kids, I have heard all of the stories about sisters, grandmas, the lady next door, the postal carrier, and 9 year old sibling being left in charge, it happens a couple of times a year. That is why I believe that it is more than likely it occured than not.

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
pssst? charles....come ova' here...sshhh.*whispering* we can't see her, she's been put on block. Okay...'kay!

Bye now :D

UNO :luv:

oh well, i guess we can all just warm up the report button instead :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

One part of the above story that catches my attention, is that the older children couldn't remember their names. Did they use the money to high? I can sadly say that on one of my trips to Cameroon, a friend stayed at the house with my children. She was supposed to send my son and daughter to Arizona after a week. Mind you, this woman was 33 years . She spent the money I left, toured with her girlfriend who came later, and told the kids I didn't leave money for them. My kids were 16 and 19 so they knew better than to believe what she was saying, but they still questioned whether I would have left them without money for so long. The kids called me and when they realized that she wasn't going to share the money I left or do anything I asked, they were preparing to press charges on her. The only thing that stopped them was they rewere afraid of what would happen to me. So

they were going to Arizona to be with their father and since they never left adjustments were made. Sadder than that, each time my cell phone was called I was billed whether I answered it or not. That baby sitting job cost me a chunk of money, and I haven't said one word to my friend since then. My attitude was that she had fun with the money, did what she wanted and thought it would be ok with me.

Sorry for the ranting, but I will never forget the stress she inflicting on all of us.

Filed: Other Timeline
One part of the above story that catches my attention, is that the older children couldn't remember their names. Did they use the money to high? I can sadly say that on one of my trips to Cameroon, a friend stayed at the house with my children. She was supposed to send my son and daughter to Arizona after a week. Mind you, this woman was 33 years . She spent the money I left, toured with her girlfriend who came later, and told the kids I didn't leave money for them. My kids were 16 and 19 so they knew better than to believe what she was saying, but they still questioned whether I would have left them without money for so long. The kids called me and when they realized that she wasn't going to share the money I left or do anything I asked, they were preparing to press charges on her. The only thing that stopped them was they rewere afraid of what would happen to me. So

they were going to Arizona to be with their father and since they never left adjustments were made. Sadder than that, each time my cell phone was called I was billed whether I answered it or not. That baby sitting job cost me a chunk of money, and I haven't said one word to my friend since then. My attitude was that she had fun with the money, did what she wanted and thought it would be ok with me.

Sorry for the ranting, but I will never forget the stress she inflicting on all of us.

easy killah B) . a wise individual once told me that the world is a global village ;) she has not gotten away scott free :star:

I also hate you and your children had to endure that situation (L)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning everyone, it's almost friday :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Good morning ladies, and Charles :D

Payday!!!!

I almost forgot it was payday. Darn work. I've been diong so many things that I forgot to think about my money! Argh. The latest out here is that Districts are going to be Rifing people due to budget cuts. No taxes from homes sales no money for education. :angry:

Edited by chispas

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Oh my gosh! That's incredible! I would be so pissed. I can't imagine how people think.

Good morning ladies, and Charles :D

Payday!!!!

I get paid every other Tuesday. But I will get paid on the 5th. Now that I've posted that I'll need security to walk me out to my car.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.