ose_n_me

Having a flood of emotions

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I know how it can be waiting alone. I have some things that keep me busy at the moment. My oldest son is graduating from college and my youngest will graduate from high school and be starting college. Depending on where they both end up I could end up empty nesting by year end. That is when true lonely will hit.

My SO is not well off so we have to rely on phones/text messages for communication. It can be bad, especially recently when he broke his phone and I didn't hear for the longest time. I am lucky that moving to America has long been his dream so his family has learned to accept that idea before I was a part of the picture. I think our biggest issue will come after he arrives and doesn't have family near. I don't have family here in California other than my chldern. I am glad there is a fairly active Igbo community here, they are involved in funding various community projects. Do any of you live near where there are such projects or groups ?

I think we should schedule some sort of meeting A yearly event for those of us from VJ. It would be nice to see everyone and trade secrets of getting though things. We can even hold an African fashion show. I do think mutual help groups would be great.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I think we should schedule some sort of meeting A yearly event for those of us from VJ. It would be nice to see everyone and trade secrets of getting though things. We can even hold an African fashion show. I do think mutual help groups would be great.

I was thinking the same thing! Like a reunion! I am in Cali too! (northern) Where is everyone else from?

DSCN0183-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I definitely agree about filing for AOS as soon as possible. If I could recommend anything to everyone, including ose n me, I would get the AOS forms prepared during the wait and file them ASAP. My husband did work temporarily for UPS until his EAD expired because it just happened to be during the temporary Christmas Season. After that, we had a tense several weeks. But, I am happy to say that he received EAD card and UPS hired him permanently on Friday. In fact he is at work now. So, the ups and downs continue, even as he is here. But I can still says its all good.

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

I was thinking the same thing! Like a reunion! I am in Cali too! (northern) Where is everyone else from?

Northern Caly here

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Northern Caly here

Awwww....I'm in upstate NY, but I know there are east coasters on here too.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm in Salt Lake City, Utah. And right now, it's snowing like crazy. We have more than a foot of snow at my place. I called in "snow day" to work. We usually have one a year, and since I live on a street with a hill, if there's even an inch of snow on the street, I can't drive 'cause I'll slide off the road and be stuck.

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm a bit emotional today. I want to get my interview date. After the weekends maybe I feel a little sad. My schedule is less hectic then, so I have too much time to think. I'm going into my third week of waiting and I'm not happy about it. I wish they would schedule an interview date for me, so at least I have something to look forward to and I could get airline tickets and start some more planning. I must say, I've never hated anything quite as much as I hate this. :cry:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I'm a bit emotional today. I want to get my interview date. After the weekends maybe I feel a little sad. My schedule is less hectic then, so I have too much time to think. I'm going into my third week of waiting and I'm not happy about it. I wish they would schedule an interview date for me, so at least I have something to look forward to and I could get airline tickets and start some more planning. I must say, I've never hated anything quite as much as I hate this. :cry:

Don't cry, it will all be alright.

You can always get a ticket for next week and go to the embassy and raise :diablo: .

You know, Give them the Business :ranting: .

Well when I think about it, that might not be such a good idea :idea: .

Girl sometimes we all need a good cry :cry: this process is nerve-racking.

You and Bassi will soon be reunited :luv: for good . (F)

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I'm in the "quad cities" Iowa.

Hella Snow anybody??

I used to live in Iowa City until last year. My sister goes to dental school there so I still get there about twice a year.

But I live in Philly now :)

I know the feeling....and Ghana is do darned slow :protest::ranting:

Just hang in there. At least you know the consulate has it. It is just a matter of days until you get that interview date :)

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Other Timeline
I'm in the "quad cities" Iowa.

Hella Snow anybody??

I used to live in Iowa City until last year. My sister goes to dental school there so I still get there about twice a year.

But I live in Philly now :)

I know the feeling....and Ghana is do darned slow :protest::ranting:

Just hang in there. At least you know the consulate has it. It is just a matter of days until you get that interview date :)

from Iowa city to Philly, thats a helluva change. so...how do you like it??

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I totally agree. :crying: This whole visa journey resembles a " love/hate" relationship. We hate the pain, and being away from our boo, yet we love that when this process ends we will finally be together. Our lives are on hold during this whole ordeal, yet we are forced to attempt to function normally because we have kids, a job, and other responsibilites. Its an emotional rollercoaster! But one day soon, we will all be stepping off this ride...and living a blessed and blissful life with our wonderful men! :)

Hang in there...and PRAY!!!! (F)

God Bless (L)

DSCN0183-1.jpg

Ok Zaina.. Your turn for the back home pep talk. Wah u want guial? Ah?? Wah u vex fa? Noting rang wi yu. (kissing the teeth sound here) Wah u guain on wit? (L) Feel better now? Ok den... How about a dollar wine?

((((( hugs)))))

Edited by chispas

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.