Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

managed to find honey that's made in the same zipcode I live in so got it 2 days ago. Allergy symptoms already getting better.

I'm going to compile a natural remedy database so if anyone has any ailments they want me to include let me know. Remember I am not a Dr. I just come from a family who for many many generations has not had total trust in "western' modern medicine espeially when it comes to handing out drugs that has a list of side effects longer than what it treats (even more so when fairly often one of those side effects is death!) I personally haven't taken a painkiller for over 15 years. Not bad for someone who suffers from migranes and bad period cramp.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh would love to know what you use for migraines.. i've suffered from them forever though burning peppermint does help.

Filed: Timeline

Can't wait to see your database, Debz!

I've been away from VJ for a couple of days. My uncle passed and I just didn't feel like chatting. I was hoping to see him one last time this summer when we'll be in England. :( My aunt died, suddenly, last year and he just lost the will to live. In fact, he passed on the anniversary of her funeral.

Anyway, my cousin is having her breast reconstructed today. She's a breast cancer survivor. It's going to be a long day because she's scheduled to be in surgery for 8.5 hours. Story here. And I've got the painters coming in an hour to do the kitchen, living room and dining room so I guess I'd better get a move on and get ready!

Ciao.

iagree.gif

Hi everyone! Enjoying some sunshine in Bristol today. If only it would stick around! B)

Trying to get more organized about selling off our stuff and packing the rest for shipping. No more international moves for a while.....way to stressful! The next one won't be for another 20 years when we retire to Spain!

Hope you are all enjoying your Wednesday!

Feb 05 - met on match.com, spoke daily over Skype

Mar 05 - boy flew out to San Francisco to meet me, it was love at first site!

May 05 - I flew to Bristol, first time ever in England!

Sept 05 - boy flew back to SF, we got married!

Nov 05 - boy flew to SF for 2 week visit

Feb 06 - I moved with my dog to Bristol

4 visits home for 2 weeks at a time during these 2 years

(very homesick and not happy living in England)

April 2nd - I-130 & G325a sent! DCF process begins!

April 4th - Credit card charged!

April 5th - Email confirming file date of 4/4/08

June 21st - RFE for affidavits...bummer.

July 8th - sent affidavits back to Embassy

June 16th - Received NOA2!! Yay!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning/afternoon everyone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I was just thinking about how bizarre it is that I can rattle off the DOS telephone number (and the press 1, then 0 command) and yet I don't have any recollection where my favourite black T-shirt is.

I am a total saddo. A total saddo who needs to stop typing and get out of the house to go to work, where I actually just type out the DOS telephone number again and again on VJ.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

oh Krikit, I'm so sorry about your news :(

in some ways, I guess it was better for him, if life just wasn't pleasant any more, but I'm so sorry you didn't get to see him one more time :(

hope things go well for your cousin! :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

oh Krikit, I'm so sorry about your news :(

in some ways, I guess it was better for him, if life just wasn't pleasant any more, but I'm so sorry you didn't get to see him one more time :(

hope things go well for your cousin! :)

Thanks Pretty. :) Yes, one more time would have been nice. I was this close too. (3 months) The nerve. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

it's weird, isn't it... I'm sort of in the same situation with my grandmas - they've both had strokes in the last twelve months (though one has recovered far better than the other - at 90, and three months after the stroke, she re-sat her driving test and passed first time! :o ) and I've been trying not to think about something happening to either of them before I can get back home and see them again... twelve days and counting ;)

but then, of course, I'll only be there for a month, and then I'll be thinking the same thing all the time I'm in the US

and then it will be my parents...

gah, being an ex-pat sucks sometimes :unsure:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

it's weird, isn't it... I'm sort of in the same situation with my grandmas - they've both had strokes in the last twelve months (though one has recovered far better than the other - at 90, and three months after the stroke, she re-sat her driving test and passed first time! :o ) and I've been trying not to think about something happening to either of them before I can get back home and see them again... twelve days and counting ;)

but then, of course, I'll only be there for a month, and then I'll be thinking the same thing all the time I'm in the US

It's the worst thing about being an expat :crying:

90day.jpg

Grey, gloomy skies here in Sheffield!

I am sorry to hear of your uncle's passing, Krikit. :(

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Thanks Rachel and Dev. :)

I knooooooooooooooooow. :crying: Every day I worry about my parents. And every day I'm scared that something will happen to them and I'll never see them again. It makes me so sad sometimes. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline

it's ALMOST enough to make you wish we all still lived in little village communities and going seven miles was an adventure...

almost, but not quite ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.