June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Sorry to hear that. :(

Would a kitten help?

radiator_kitten.jpg

Anything the matter in particular? I usually find the forums are a good place to vent. :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

Brown paper packages tied up with strings

These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels

Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles

Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes

Silver white winters that melt into springs

When the dog bites

When the bee stings

When I'm feeling sad

I simply remember my favorite things

And then I don't feel so bad

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Filed: Timeline

Awwwwwww. Just look at the little kitty. :luv: Don't know about Julez but that kitty sure gave me warm fuzzies. :)

Hey guys - I really need my spirits lifted today. I feel so down in the dumps. :(

Why so sad, Julez? Is the process getting you down? We could always go for wine instead of Wegmans when I come through there in May? :unsure: I don't usually bring out the big guns this early but here's Karaoke Kitty. She always helps the Canadians.

karaokecatpr2.jpg

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
:lol:

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

Now for AOS!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks guys!

The issue is my kids. I have 3 - 2 boys ages 13 & 10 and an 8 year old daughter. The boys are giving my husband a very rough go of things. They've had behavioral problems for years (and he knew this about them) but its really getting to my husband. I mean the stuff these boys do is pretty extreme and Griff can't stand it and is having a tough time coping. He bends over backwards to get along with them, but its just very rocky at the moment. I feel awful about it, cos the boys dont' listen to me. Griff is now convinced that my oldest son is trying to break up our marriage. And I just feel terrible. Things between the two of us are fine, but the kids are really taking their toll.

I know its the kids, the reality of life in the US and not working combined. But the focus is all on the kid stuff right now. I've had the kids in counseling, and the middle on still goes bi-weekly, but I just don't know what else to do.

So that's my sordid story. And why I feel so depressed today.

Filed: Timeline

Oh dear. Kid problems are tough. They have absolutely no idea of the havoc they create because they are so focussed on themselves at times. Can you have a heart-to-heart with them to let them know what they're doing and illustrate it in such a way that they can relate? I really feel for you, Julez. I really do. Hang in there. They don't stay forever. (F)(F)(F)

iagree.gif

Aw! No wonder you're upset - what a horrible and awkward position to be in.

I have no pearls of wisdom to offer but I hope that issues are resolved for you soon. (L)

Kitten hug!

kittens_hug.jpg

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Timeline

Thanks, Krikit. Thing is, I have tried talking to them. But they nod their little heads and go right back to the evil behavior. My daughter isn't really an issue and overall, she and Griff really get along well. She is a little sponge for the love he gives her and lavishes it back on him as well. My midddle son has had lots of problems with depression (I know, awful for his age) and Griff can (sort of) understand when that son has probelms. Its the newly turned 13 year old that is the problem. He's lazy, rude and disrespectful. And a bully. To pretty much everyone. He seems to be turning into his biological father, which is the worst case scenario.

And here I am in the middle of it. Cos despite all the problems, they are my kids and I love them. But I also love my husband. He's made so many sacrifices to come here to marry me and he doesn't deserve to be treated so awfully by my kids.

Sorry guys for being such a downer.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thanks guys!

The issue is my kids. I have 3 - 2 boys ages 13 & 10 and an 8 year old daughter. The boys are giving my husband a very rough go of things. They've had behavioral problems for years (and he knew this about them) but its really getting to my husband. I mean the stuff these boys do is pretty extreme and Griff can't stand it and is having a tough time coping. He bends over backwards to get along with them, but its just very rocky at the moment. I feel awful about it, cos the boys dont' listen to me. Griff is now convinced that my oldest son is trying to break up our marriage. And I just feel terrible. Things between the two of us are fine, but the kids are really taking their toll.

I know its the kids, the reality of life in the US and not working combined. But the focus is all on the kid stuff right now. I've had the kids in counseling, and the middle on still goes bi-weekly, but I just don't know what else to do.

So that's my sordid story. And why I feel so depressed today.

Julez, I know where you are coming from here. My son has ADHD and ODD, he can be deliberately annoying and it can be hard to bear sometimes. Me? I can block a lot of it out and let it wash over my head (I've had 14 years of it...lol). But Platy? He hasn't gotten to the "blocking" it out stage yet. ;)

Timeline

Thanks Mags. You're right, you do just get used to it and learn to 'block' a lot of the problems. Its the only way to cope with the extreme behaviors. I hope it will get easier for all of us in time.

Timeline

Sorry to hear that Julez :(

I'm sorry, I can't offer any advice either... So i'll just go with the kitten approach :D

kitten-with-wings.jpg

Our K1 Journey

Now for AOS!

Timeline
Ew. That kitten looks scary. I think I'd rather face the boys. :lol:

:bonk:

Is this one better? :rolleyes:

kitten.jpg

Edited by toshtishtash

Our K1 Journey

Now for AOS!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.