Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

:o Julez, that house is gorgeous!!!

Oh god, we sooooo need to move away from Maryland.... (Even though i'm not even there yet, lol) It is so flippin expensive! My Dad just bought a house recently. It's about the same size as that one and it cost $375,000 :(

There is absolutely no chance of us buying a house in Maryland!

Oh and I keep forgetting to say... You will have to excuse my extreme blondness, the message I sent you a while back asking if you were enjoying the American dream etc.... I got meself a bit muddled and assumed it was you that had emigrated and not your husband... Sorry :P You must have thought I was a wee bit thick!

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Oh god, we sooooo need to move away from Maryland.... (Even though i'm not even there yet, lol) It is so flippin expensive! My Dad just bought a house recently. It's about the same size as that one and it cost $375,000 :(

Oh and I keep forgetting to say... You will have to excuse my extreme blondness, the message I sent you a while back asking if you were enjoying the American dream etc.... I got meself a bit muddled and assumed it was you that had emigrated and not your husband... Sorry :P You must have thought I was a wee bit thick!

I am in (L) with this house! I love perennial gardens and this house just lends itself so well! Plus, the kitchen!!! OMG!

My sis lives just outside Baltimore and the houses there are soooooo overpriced! For $375,000 in my area you can get a gorgeous huge house with all the amenities.

Finally, I never thought you were thick! Its kind of confusing and easy to assume that the way the profiles are built here! We're all good! :D

Filed: Timeline

OHMYGOSH, that is beeeeeutiful, Julez! They went a little wallpaper-happy but that's okay. Easily removed. Sometimes. lol

OOOOOOOO. Just look at that sunporch! And the plank floors! OOO and look at that barn/shed/garage!!!!!! Sigh. I want a new house now. *sulks*

I came back to this thread, saw your first sentence, and almost went into panic mode trying to page back to get to the link! Didn't even wait to read the rest of your message. :lol:

My husband was transferred from Maryland and the houses in his area were super cheap. We were both kinda ticked about that because we could have gotten a lot for our money there. You must be near Baltimore, Tasha?

My sis lives just outside Baltimore and the houses there are soooooo overpriced! For $375,000 in my area you can get a gorgeous huge house with all the amenities.

Snap! :lol: Looks like you were posting while I was still composing.

iagree.gif

Timeline

LOL Krikit! The walllpaper border would be the first thing to go! The rest I could live with for a while! The sunporch is just...well, I would love to sit there in the evening with a glass of wine and just enjoy it!

Edited by julezabelle

Timeline

I am in (L) with this house! I love perennial gardens and this house just lends itself so well! Plus, the kitchen!!! OMG!

Finally, I never thought you were thick! Its kind of confusing and easy to assume that the way the profiles are built here! We're all good! :D

Good :D

Yup, my Dad lives in Baltimore County. It is a lovely house in the woods, but I know that the next state accross would be so much cheaper. I am going to have to do some serious research. I'm thinking West Virginia or North Carolina... Or even Pennsylvania...

Our K1 Journey

Now for AOS!

Timeline
OHMYGOSH, that is beeeeeutiful, Julez! They went a little wallpaper-happy but that's okay. Easily removed. Sometimes. lol

OOOOOOOO. Just look at that sunporch! And the plank floors! OOO and look at that barn/shed/garage!!!!!! Sigh. I want a new house now. *sulks*

I came back to this thread, saw your first sentence, and almost went into panic mode trying to page back to get to the link! Didn't even wait to read the rest of your message. :lol:

My husband was transferred from Maryland and the houses in his area were super cheap. We were both kinda ticked about that because we could have gotten a lot for our money there. You must be near Baltimore, Tasha?

Snap! :lol: Looks like you were posting while I was still composing.

:lol:

We will be living in Washington County (Hagerstown) the houses there are super expensive too :( Where abouts did you live in Maryland?

Edited by toshtishtash

Our K1 Journey

Now for AOS!

Timeline
Holy #######, man. That house is only 200k! I need to stop looking at prices too.

And they've actually dropped the price now to $189,900! Super affordable for all you get. I guess that's one of the best things about living in this area - the housing surge never happened, so we never had the ensuing over-inflated housing price bubble to contend with.

LOL Krikit! The walllpaper border would be the first thing to go! The rest I could live with for a while! The sunporch is just...well, I would love to sit there in the evening with a glass of wine and just enjoy it!

Oh me too! I would drop in with a bottle every time I drove by! :dance: Bet you won't give me your address now, huh? Oh wait! It's right there in the link! Whooo hooo! :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Oh me too! I would drop in with a bottle every time I drove by! :dance: Bet you won't give me your address now, huh? Oh wait! It's right there in the link! Whooo hooo! :lol:

In that case, you have an open invitation to stop by every day! :devil:

We will be living in Washington County (Hagerstown) the houses there are super expensive too :( Where abouts did you live in Maryland?

Oh I've been to Hagerstown! We were in Frostburg. NW corner of the State. About an hour west of Hagerstown. Check homes in the little villages outside of Hagerstown, Tasha. If your husband doesn't mind a bit of a commute I'd highly recommend it. The cost savings are fantastic.

:lol: You're my kinda friend, Julez! But maybe let's make it every other day. I don't want to look like a lush. :hehe:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Oh I've been to Hagerstown! We were in Frostburg. NW corner of the State. About an hour west of Hagerstown. Check homes in the little villages outside of Hagerstown, Tasha. If your husband doesn't mind a bit of a commute I'd highly recommend it. The cost savings are fantastic.

:lol: You're my kinda friend, Julez! But maybe let's make it every other day. I don't want to look like a lush. :hehe:

I think I have been to Frostburg too!

Well, he has a 45 minute to an hour commute as it is, he works in Frederick at the moment, which is also ridiculously expensive :lol:

Well, I think we will be renting for quite a while anyway... Will definitely have a look just outside of Hagerstown or towards Frederick though :thumbs:

Our K1 Journey

Now for AOS!

I think I have been to Frostburg too!

Well, he has a 45 minute to an hour commute as it is, he works in Frederick at the moment, which is also ridiculously expensive :lol:

Well, I think we will be renting for quite a while anyway... Will definitely have a look just outside of Hagerstown or towards Frederick though :thumbs:

I've been to Frederick! :rofl:

Yes, absolutely look in the villages between Hagerstown and Frederick. You're sure to find a bargain somewhere! Ooo, I'm SO excited with all this house hunting! :lol:

iagree.gif

That house is lovely - and a reminder that I should never look at house prices in other parts of the country unless I want to get really depressed

:( True.

Very nice Julez!

Dad grew up around West Seneca/Lackawanna - inbetween. Gosh, this thread has really hit home for me, I'm overwhelmed right now. Last time I went to Buffalo was 2003 & it was emotional to say the least. Most of his family is gone pretty much (including him)...but I do have many happy memories.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.