Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Oh StP - that is genius!! :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Friday everyone!!! :jest:

It's actually almost warm here today! Not as much sun, but still lovely weather. I'm thinking today is a day for Mojito's in the garden! I've got half a bottle of rum in the freezer and mint and limes!!! (I make the best Mojito's!)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Feb 05 - met on match.com, spoke daily over Skype

Mar 05 - boy flew out to San Francisco to meet me, it was love at first site!

May 05 - I flew to Bristol, first time ever in England!

Sept 05 - boy flew back to SF, we got married!

Nov 05 - boy flew to SF for 2 week visit

Feb 06 - I moved with my dog to Bristol

4 visits home for 2 weeks at a time during these 2 years

(very homesick and not happy living in England)

April 2nd - I-130 & G325a sent! DCF process begins!

April 4th - Credit card charged!

April 5th - Email confirming file date of 4/4/08

June 21st - RFE for affidavits...bummer.

July 8th - sent affidavits back to Embassy

June 16th - Received NOA2!! Yay!

Watch it - I might have to come on over!! :lol: It's warmed up since this morning? It was freezing with all the fog when I left for work!!

Ahhhh - I am still sooo nervous about my interview - I feel really calm and then all of a sudden I think about it and my stomach lurches and I feel sick... I hate this!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning vietnam! oh wait wrong forum.

good morning uk!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Good morning Charles.

Aly - I can't tell you not to be nervous but I am sure that your interview will go smoothly and I wish you the best of luck!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Well, I'm all packed and (almost) ready to go to London today -- flying from Hartford via Amsterdam, then on to London City. I actually prefer to do this indirect route as it has two advantages: 1) I get to fly out of Hartford, which is fairly small and very friendly and 2) I get to fly into London City, which is also small and doesn't involve any of the Heathrow/Gatwick nuttiness. You get off the plane, mostly EU people on board anyway so the queue for immigration is short, and then hey! there's your bag already on the carousel. It ended up being only $50 more than flying direct from JFK, but I end up saving money as I don't have to pay to get to NYC or from Heathrow/Gatwick (and I will only take the Heathrow or Gatwick Express, which both cost a ton).

But...I am really, really going to miss Bruce. He pretended to hide my passport last night to keep me from going, and he has told me how scared he always is when I have to fly somewhere, which is fairly frequently due to business. As time goes by he doesn't seem to be getting any less sad about me going away for a week (or more) at a time. I was very nearly in tears this morning when I had to say good-bye and he told me his life is a paradise when I'm around. :cry:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

aww *hugs* for the maven...Bruce sounds like such a sweetie..you're lucky to have eachother!

Safe travels, girl! I look forward to your drunken Saturday posts!!

Ta, julez! He is a darling sometimes, for all his occasional gruffness.

And now for something completely different...

I have been working on a project for my best friend's upcoming 35th birthday. She's a filmmaker in New York, and she asked her friends for a birthday present: she wanted 11 of us to step forward and each make a short film in her honour with a twist. Each of us had to choose a track from her favourite album, The Queen Is Dead by the Smiths and make a video for it, with all the lyrics as subtitles. These 11 films would be then shown at her birthday party in sequence as a sing-a-long! So I chose "Cemetry Gates", and of course, although I had 5 months to work on it I only started production last week. But it is finally finished (only a day late!), and although the official big(gish) screen premiere is not until next month, here's a preview:

It's very silly indeed. :P

Excellent video - I like the shot of the dog for "trip you up and laugh when you fall"

Thanks Robin! That's Conar, my parents' dog. We call him "Crate Mutt" (he loves his crate), so that's why he's listed as such in the credits. For some reason Bruce wanted to appear as "Lennox Avnue" in the credits.

Excellent video - I like the shot of the dog for "trip you up and laugh when you fall"

Thanks Robin! That's Conar, my parents' dog. We call him "Crate Mutt" (he loves his crate), so that's why he's listed as such in the credits. For some reason Bruce wanted to appear as "Lennox Avnue" in the credits.

Conar is very cute. Is that Bruce's new stage name? I imagine if I made a similar video, I would have to include a shot of my cat for that line - it would be so appropriate.

90day.jpg

It's not his new stage name -- his friend John (who loaned us a tripod when mine broke, and who appears as "Mister Sensuous" in the thank yous) egged him on. It's some in-joke I don't get, but I honoured his request as the star artiste.

"June Carter Cash" is actually John's dog, who is off screen. That's her real name.

Well, I'm all packed and (almost) ready to go to London today -- flying from Hartford via Amsterdam, then on to London City. I actually prefer to do this indirect route as it has two advantages: 1) I get to fly out of Hartford, which is fairly small and very friendly and 2) I get to fly into London City, which is also small and doesn't involve any of the Heathrow/Gatwick nuttiness. You get off the plane, mostly EU people on board anyway so the queue for immigration is short, and then hey! there's your bag already on the carousel. It ended up being only $50 more than flying direct from JFK, but I end up saving money as I don't have to pay to get to NYC or from Heathrow/Gatwick (and I will only take the Heathrow or Gatwick Express, which both cost a ton).

But...I am really, really going to miss Bruce. He pretended to hide my passport last night to keep me from going, and he has told me how scared he always is when I have to fly somewhere, which is fairly frequently due to business. As time goes by he doesn't seem to be getting any less sad about me going away for a week (or more) at a time. I was very nearly in tears this morning when I had to say good-bye and he told me his life is a paradise when I'm around. :cry:

Aww that is so sweet :)

Video is ace as well!!! Such a cool idea too!! I am going to have to steal it at some point... ;)

Now... I need to find that list from StP of how she organised all her paperwork for the embassy. I picked up my doctor's note today so that is sorted... I think that is pretty much it! I have my folders here, paperwork, stuff... Finished work, start new job Monday... I am going to be a mess! Then I get to print everything I can tomorrow :D

While I'm on it - can anyone think of anything I need to get Jeremy to e-mail me? I'm just thinking evidence-wise... I know I don't need a whole lot but ignoring everyone else who has said the evidence wasn't even looked at, I am going to get enough to make me feel comfortable anyway :P

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Timeline
Happy Friday everyone!!! :jest:

It's actually almost warm here today! Not as much sun, but still lovely weather. I'm thinking today is a day for Mojito's in the garden! I've got half a bottle of rum in the freezer and mint and limes!!! (I make the best Mojito's!)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Mmmmm, mojitos. Have you tried them with coconut rum? Not malibu... real coconut rum.... Bacardi. Though I imagine malibu might be great too. They're awesome. *slurp*

Great video, Maven!!! :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.