Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

oh, don't be worried; those things are pretty easy :)

I've read a few stories from other countries recently that made me glad all over again that I was able to go through London... we really are sitting pretty in lots of ways :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - it's always easy to see it being a breeze once you look back and think "ah that wasn't so bad"! Unfortunately I am not that side of the fence yet... :unsure:

So... a wedding date set for 10 days before I move... oooooh :D I can't wait to see piccies - we should have a July Filer gallery :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

well, speaking in all honesty, those things never bothered me much when I was on the other side of the fence either... I was irked at the cost of everything (I think I spent more than £400 just on police certificates, the medical, and then the visa fees :angry: ) but never thought there would be any problems... it's the length of time everything takes, and the resulting limbo, not the possibility of a denial, that has always stressed me out

I may, of course, not be usual in that regard; I have encountered that before in other aspects of my life ;)

and don't count on much for photos, from our wedding :lol:

there won't be a big ceremony... not even sure if I'm going to get a special outfit... just going to see what happens ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
well, I've worked out how Charles has so many hearts'n'boxes :P

:innocent: might also be that i spend an average of 12 hours a day on vj :P

PS G'morning, Charles :P

g'morning! :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
well, I've worked out how Charles has so many hearts'n'boxes :P

:innocent: might also be that i spend an average of 12 hours a day on vj :P

that reason comes a VERY distant second :P;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

well, speaking in all honesty, those things never bothered me much when I was on the other side of the fence either... I was irked at the cost of everything (I think I spent more than £400 just on police certificates, the medical, and then the visa fees :angry: ) but never thought there would be any problems... it's the length of time everything takes, and the resulting limbo, not the possibility of a denial, that has always stressed me out

I may, of course, not be usual in that regard; I have encountered that before in other aspects of my life ;)

and don't count on much for photos, from our wedding :lol:

there won't be a big ceremony... not even sure if I'm going to get a special outfit... just going to see what happens ;)

Well I want to see piccies anyway :angry::P

I don't know - I can't see there being anything majorly hideous but I think we have just come so far and it all rests on this one little thing... It's scary to have your future in someone else's hands. And part of me is still nervous about the wedding planner contract we included in the initial packet :P Again - I am sure this will be ok because I have a letter from them and everything but still - it's scary. And kowing what rebeccajo said about going through POE - I will prolly worry about them turning me away there for the same reason :P

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Hey -- anyone in London this coming weekend? I will be in town, shopping for duvets (natch) and doing some boring work-type-stuff. Anyone fancy a pint?

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Hey -- anyone in London this coming weekend? I will be in town, shopping for duvets (natch) and doing some boring work-type-stuff. Anyone fancy a pint?

I wish! Though we have definitely decided on a UK trip in July!! The 20th - 27th. No London, but I'll somehow suffer through it!

I wish!! Maybe if I had something like... oh I don't know... AN INTERVIEW DATE then I might partake of a celebratory tipple with you :D

I wish! Though we have definitely decided on a UK trip in July!! The 20th - 27th. No London, but I'll somehow suffer through it!

Oooh! I'll be in the US then at last!! Yippee!! :D

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! My ticker shows at less than three months to go til I move!! Woohhoo!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I am super excited to go back to the UK. My first summer visit! The final season I have yet to see in the UK. Griff syas we're going to go to a 3 day cricket match. Bring a book or a newspaper or something. :unsure: Hopefully we don't have to go to all 3 days!

Timeline

oh, but it can be such fun... so relaxed and easy, specially if you've got good weather :)

summer here is GORGEOUS :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Timeline

hmm, yes; very good point... but if it's a rural match, and you're sitting on some village green somewhere in the sunshine, drinking ale... oh, what castles or cathedrals can compare?! :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.