Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I do that too! but with a duvet I find it's rarely enough

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always a little bit cold and I love to be wrapped up all toasty warm at night. Blankets just annoy me; they're always falling off the bed and getting muddled up. It's so easy to make a bed when you have a fitted sheet and a duvet!

I've never really found it too warm for a duvet except in California in summer - then I'll just have the one sheet. It doesn't feel like enough 'protection' when I sleep on my own, though - yes, I'm a big baby and like to feel all secure tucked up in bed :P

Edited by Alex & Rachel

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

I'm always a little bit cold and I love to be wrapped up all toasty warm at night. Blankets just annoy me; they're always falling off the bed and getting muddled up. It's so easy to make a bed when you have a fitted sheet and a duvet!

I've never really found it too warm for a duvet except in California in summer - then I'll just have the one sheet. It doesn't feel like enough 'protection' when I sleep on my own, though - yes, I'm a big baby and like to feel all secure tucked up in bed :P

Haha - agreed!!! And one sheet is fine for me - I just have to be covered with something - I hate sleeping outside of the covers :unsure:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Haha - agreed!!! And one sheet is fine for me - I just have to be covered with something - I hate sleeping outside of the covers :unsure:

Agreed here as well! I feel so exposed when I don't have at least a sheet. Like the night ghoulies can't touch me if I'm covered. :P

Last night, one duvet = finally the right temperature. (does the happy duvet dance :dance: )

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline
g'morning all.

Morning.

I think we need an official duvet thread!

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

After three weeks spent with me hogging the duvet (I tend to steal it in little bits as I turn over during the night) Mark and I have decided to go with sheets and blankets so we can tuck them in to his side of the bed and hopefully ensure that he doesn't freeze during the night! *laughing* I have, however, insisted we get new sheets and blankets since his are not snuggly enough in my opinion.

It's really hard being apart this time and we are both really fed-up with the situation. I'm just hoping we might get lucky and get NOA2 in the next 6-8 weeks so there's some hope of our getting married in September like we planned.

Peace, Love, and Videogames x

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

And more videogames!! Yippee!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
After three weeks spent with me hogging the duvet (I tend to steal it in little bits as I turn over during the night)

:lol: That is exactly what i do. It's made worse by the fact that my OH does the leg-sticking-out-for-temperature-control move, so he hates it when I tuck it in. we eventually just got a king size duvet!

The UK Wiki

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh I think I want to scream!!!!! Am sooo fed up with all this BS now - theyve introduced a new police check thing so the one I have might not be valid and I already sent back my packet 3. Not only that but this whole HPV vaccine thing is doing my head in cause I don't understand it... it's all just money that I don't have and I am sick of it.

Rant over... and not very OT either but am SOOO annoyed :angry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh I think I want to scream!!!!! Am sooo fed up with all this BS now - theyve introduced a new police check thing so the one I have might not be valid and I already sent back my packet 3. Not only that but this whole HPV vaccine thing is doing my head in cause I don't understand it... it's all just money that I don't have and I am sick of it.

I know you frustration about the police check. Kris had it all set up and planned and when he went back in to get it found out they'd changed it. Good thing i had headphones on when he ranted about it. :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

what happened with the police checks? :blink:

thank Og I already had mine done...

and I don't get how BLANKETS always fall off the bed, but a DUVET doesn't... surely the former are tucked in, but the latter isn't? :huh:

oh well, to each his own :D

I never want to sleep with a duvet again... of course, I'm about to go away for a little Easter break and I bet all the beds have duvets :jest:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

*hugs* :( I'm going to have to see the doctor about getting the HPV vaccine too - but it is so expensive! It's all very frustrating and sometimes I wonder how I'll ever be ready but I just have to try and concentrate on one thing/day at a time and know that in a few months the most difficult stage of the visa journey will be over.

what happened with the police checks? :blink:

They've introduced a new style of police check - it's only valid for 6 months and costs £35 (but you receive it within 10 days instead of the usual 40 or so).

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

I don't know if you need the new one if you already have the old one though - I got my police check a while ago to make sure I had it all ready - serves me right for trying to be prepared... You think they will still accept that or will I have to get a new one? I am really confused now because I don't want to end up going to interview and having them say they can't issue a visa without the new style police check... :angry:

As for HPV... I am waiting on a call back from my doctor - Jeremy found out it is $360 for the course of three injections in the US. He also found out the vac is only recommended for girls under 12 and is ILLEGAL for women 27 and over to have!!!! It is also not mandatory for anyone in the US to have. He has sent an e-mail to the DOS about it - it does seem rather ridiculous...

It does seem that on a K-1 you don't need it for the visa though, only AOS so hopefully I can just get it done in the US where it is cheaper. Of course if I find out that I can have it in the UK cheaper than that then I will start it here but apparently it is a six month course... I wish they gave us more info on all this - the only thing that happened is the embassy updated their vac table - no notices or anything :(

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning all y'all :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.