Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Haha - yeah we end up doing that as well!!

And Julez - I think it is a common problem - I bet we have the same issue when we get bedding :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's only because I got Jeremy to look at bedding for our wedding list on Amazon and I was reading reviews and people were slating certain products because of it - of course it means that it might be what they had in the first place and not what they bought so that is reassuring at least!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Random thoughts:

My hands a really dry and I am sick of winter - the cause of my evil dry skin!

I am getting my hair cut tonight and I can't wait! Its waaayyy too long! I kept it long for the wedding but the time has come to get shorn! I'm so excited. I pray to God I don't end up eating those words, cos ya know sometimes how stylists go overboard when you tell them you want a good cut! last time she tried to talk me into the Victoria Beckham. I'm like, ummmm, NOOOOOOOO. Pray for me UK peeps!

TGIF! This has been a long week! I want to sleep in tomorrow!

Morning all. After all that kerfuffle with duvets and duvet covers (good tip about the velcro, Rachel!) the darn things still don't line up right in the cover. It is, however, starting to get warm enough overnight that we might move back to one and the issue will be moot.

Speaking about space hogs, last night Bruce and I went out for a Mexican with my parents; all four of us were sitting in a booth. I was next to Bruce, and damn me if that boy (who is skinny as a rail) didn't take up nearly 3/4s of our bench. He kept knocking me with his elbows and giving ME a dirty look.

Oh, and something really funny (okay, may not be as funny to you -- YMMV) happened in the ladies' loo there. I went in, and a woman followed me shortly after. She began singing along to the song on the sound system, which was the Kinks' "Lola" REALLY LOUD and punctuating it with, well, her own brand of woodwind and percussion... :o It was totally unreal.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline
Oh, and something really funny (okay, may not be as funny to you -- YMMV) happened in the ladies' loo there. I went in, and a woman followed me shortly after. She began singing along to the song on the sound system, which was the Kinks' "Lola" REALLY LOUD and punctuating it with, well, her own brand of woodwind and percussion... :o It was totally unreal.

Well, I thought it was funny! I am horrifed when people are noisy in the stall next to me! I really feel people should do their best to go about their business quietly and move on. Preferably no eye contact if they have been noisy. Spare us all the discomfort of pretending to have not heard!

I recently experienced a woman in the stall next to me carrying on a convo on her mobile, while we all tinkled away merrily. She then exited the stall, primped her hair and exited. Never even bothered to wash her filthy hands. So vile and disgusting!

Well, I thought it was funny! I am horrifed when people are noisy in the stall next to me! I really feel people should do their best to go about their business quietly and move on. Preferably no eye contact if they have been noisy. Spare us all the discomfort of pretending to have not heard!

I recently experienced a woman in the stall next to me carrying on a convo on her mobile, while we all tinkled away merrily. She then exited the stall, primped her hair and exited. Never even bothered to wash her filthy hands. So vile and disgusting!

Ewwwww....Gross. I totally agree about keeping the noise down. I'm mortified to even make the littlest sound in there!

Now wasting time planning a trip to DC next month -- maybe. I've been asked to go to a meeting in DC which takes place literally the day after I get back from London. I don't know if I'm up to travelling all the way down there and back, but it could be good for work. Plus, I might convince the boy to come with me, but he hates spending money, or me spending money on him, on things not related to 1) cars or 2) old hi-fi. But he'd love DC!

Random thoughts:

My hands a really dry and I am sick of winter - the cause of my evil dry skin!

I am getting my hair cut tonight and I can't wait! Its waaayyy too long! I kept it long for the wedding but the time has come to get shorn! I'm so excited. I pray to God I don't end up eating those words, cos ya know sometimes how stylists go overboard when you tell them you want a good cut! last time she tried to talk me into the Victoria Beckham. I'm like, ummmm, NOOOOOOOO. Pray for me UK peeps!

TGIF! This has been a long week! I want to sleep in tomorrow!

GOOD LUCK!!! I am sure it will look lovely!! And yeah - I am so glad it is Friday!!! I have to find a DJ this weekend for our UK reception in June... the planning never ends!! Ah well - here's to receiving my packet 4 next week - woowoo!! :D

Ewwwww....Gross. I totally agree about keeping the noise down. I'm mortified to even make the littlest sound in there!

I must say I do try to be quiet :lol: I know we all have to do it but it doesn't mean I want everyone hearing me, or to hear them for that matter!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

just had half my toast stolen by one of the dogs!! They are great fun but they can be so annoying.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Hahaha - you need to teach them that toast is for humans...

My cat is a bit like that - she has taken to jumping on the table during Sunday lunch and waiting til our backs are turned to steal our meat - she isn't fussy - pork, beef, chicken - she'll have it all!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Hahaha - you need to teach them that toast is for humans...

My cat is a bit like that - she has taken to jumping on the table during Sunday lunch and waiting til our backs are turned to steal our meat - she isn't fussy - pork, beef, chicken - she'll have it all!!!

I swear to god I fed my cat Hugo two pieces whole wheat pasta last week -- he was begging for more! He's always been adventurous in his eating habits, even loves green beans.

And yes, toast is DEFINITELY for humans!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

my cat used to eat strawberries.

I've just spent the last 2hrs re attaching 4 keys to my laptop. Went to the loo and when I came back discovered that the puppy also likes laptop to eat

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

my cat used to eat strawberries.

I've just spent the last 2hrs re attaching 4 keys to my laptop. Went to the loo and when I came back discovered that the puppy also likes laptop to eat

:o

Timeline

My new kitten, who is dark brownish black and named Guinness, but should really be called El Diablo, will eat ANYTHING! He is forever knocking over the bin and dragging out scraps to eat. He even pinched a stick of butter off the butter dish the other day! Into everything, but I love the little devil!

Thankfully my Daisy dog is a Shih Tzu and therefore is only a bottom feeder. If it hits the floor its hers, otherwise she's outta luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

:lol: @ Guiness

It has always been our plan to get a beagle called Jager :lol: I have never had a dog but have always wanted one. I can't wait :D

Edited by toshtishtash

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.