Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

hehehehe i did that back in January just couldn't get my head round the comforter having the cover sewn on and not being able to chuck it in the wash and having to have a sheet between me and the cover ( guess i wriggle too much to cope with that).

ohh and don't forget the covers, as US sizes are different. I seem to remember my king size quilt went well on the queen size bed

:thumbs:

We have plenty of covers already -- we're making do with two fairly flimsy duvets stuffed one on top of the other in the cover. Putting a duvet in a duvet cover has to be in my top 10 least favourite things. Putting two duvets in a duvet cover comes just behind cleaning the litter box. :dead: I am kicking myself now for donating my goosedown duvet to charity before we left, could have put it in one of the boxes we shipped but no, I was an idiot.

I'm making sure to get one that is a summerweight tog, so we aren't too warm when we move to LA in a few months.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

yep thats definitely not fun, that would drive me insane esp as i get lost inside the duvet cover when adding the duvet. and have to do this to get out :dance:

check out my time line and dont forget to update yours too :D

yep thats definitely not fun, that would drive me insane esp as i get lost inside the duvet cover when adding the duvet. and have to do this to get out :dance:

You should have seen me last night. I was literally sandwiched in between two duvets inside a duvet cover, trying to make sure I was getting both sets of corners in. I could hear my husband's muffled voice coming from across the room, "You okay, honey?" When I emerged from the Double Duvet of Death, he said, "You look like you were having a hard time." Not that he lifted a finger -- he was too busy eating Mint Viscounts and watching "Most Shocking: Fights and Riots".

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

hehehehe i did that back in January just couldn't get my head round the comforter having the cover sewn on and not being able to chuck it in the wash and having to have a sheet between me and the cover ( guess i wriggle too much to cope with that).

ohh and don't forget the covers, as US sizes are different. I seem to remember my king size quilt went well on the queen size bed

Oh I know - I got so confused when we were making our wedding registry on Amazon that I had to get Jeremy to look for stuff and run it by me cause I was clueless!!!

Think will defo have to ask for free upgrade... I know Jeremy won't do it cause he is a bigger wuss than me... When we were in Hawaii we got put into a twin room so I managed to talk them into putting us into a double - the clerk couldn't figure it out but I wheedled and the manager did it in the end... then she realised that we were only paying $55 a night :lol: Genius! I am sure she wouldn't have made as much of an effort if she knew we weren't paying the $150-$250 per night the rooms were worth!! I also managed to get money knocked off a photo album we liked as it was the last one and it was on display - nothing wrong with it but the paper in between the pages was a little cheap - got a 20% discount...

So I *can* blag... I just don't like it :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Timeline

We have plenty of covers already -- we're making do with two fairly flimsy duvets stuffed one on top of the other in the cover. Putting a duvet in a duvet cover has to be in my top 10 least favourite things. Putting two duvets in a duvet cover comes just behind cleaning the litter box. :dead: I am kicking myself now for donating my goosedown duvet to charity before we left, could have put it in one of the boxes we shipped but no, I was an idiot.

I'm making sure to get one that is a summerweight tog, so we aren't too warm when we move to LA in a few months.

we have a light down one (with removable cover from BB&B) & damn it makes me hot! Not hubby though....

----

Per upgrades - do you give a reason why or just say, hey, can I/we have an upgrade?

The only time I tried was when we flew to Florida for our wedding but that was only an hour flight & they had no first class.

Tips appreciated! :) I could throw out, he hasn't seen his family in over a year.....(true).

Edited by illumine

Oh yeah - I am defo going to pull the "I am emigrating" thing out of the bag :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning everyone over on that side of the pond.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

LMAO :lol:

A very valid point my dear!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Uh oh, Charles, now you've gone and done it! :P

Morning all.

I'm pretty good at getting a duvet cover on a duvet, now. I have to stand up on my bed to shake it because there's not enough room in which to do so otherwise.

If you have two duvets in one cover and they weren't designed to go with each other then I'd recommend sewing velcro onto each corner so they can stick together :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

I still have a single bed :cry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Well...I have a double bed but no one to share it with in the UK, but when I move to the US we'll be sharing a single bed! D'oh!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Hahah - isn't that always the way?! We had to share a single bed when Jeremy was here for a few months in the summer of 2006 - he is 6'4 and just under 280lbs so as you can imagine it was a bit of a squeeze!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

We have a down duvet and the cover is way too big. It really p*sses me off! We bought a king size duvet and a king size cover. I seriously do not understand why there is such a huge discrepancy in the fit. I keep considereing buying a queensize cover as I think it may fit better. Hmmm.

It must have been! :o

Fortunately Alex is short and skinny so it's not too much of a squeeze but somehow I still end up pinned against the wall while he's sprawled across 3/4 of the bed...

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.