Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

I'M HERE!!!!!!!

Journey wasn't altogether horrendous, just a tad horrendous. Left late from Glasgow but it felt that as soon as we reached cruising altitude we were landing. Took 2 attempts to land because of the wind and we got thrown around something mental. Because of the lateness and busyness of Dublin I only just made boarding allocation for the chicago flight. I sprinted to the desk and asked the wee woman, since I had to sprint any chance of an upgrade with a big half panting cheesy grin, she paused a while and did something on her computer and said, no problem. The plane didn't have seperate business/first class so it was a combination of the 2. I got on the plane, got personally shown to my seat, as my coat was taken of me to be hung on a special rail I got "champagne or orange juice for take off?" took the orange juice, tummy too yicky for bubbles. That flight left late too but landed almost on time. Watched a couple of movies on my personal entertainment system with noise reduction headphones. Clearing immigration and customs at chicago was suprisingly quick I was through it all withing 35mins of getting off the plane. The Immigration officer said "welcome to america" when he gave me my passport back, friendliest immigartion guy I've ever had. Last flight was a bit bumpy but fairly quick. Just so glad it's over. Off to sort my stuff out now.

WELCOME HOME DEBZ!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Well done you on the upgrade, you cheeky minx! I've been waiting for this post...!

Jeraly, I can see you're on this page...Hurry up and post, girl!

Edited by elmcitymaven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is soo cool - *and* an upgrade?! I don't think I will be so lucky but if I pull the immigration thing then maybe... I guess it is worth a try!! I am so not that cheeky though - maybe I can talk Jeremy into asking!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Hahah - I was trying but I am also trying to look like I am working as well!!!! I am not a lady of leisure yet!!

As for upgrade... at what point do you have to ask for it... I would love to make my big move flying first class :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Hahah - I was trying but I am also trying to look like I am working as well!!!! I am not a lady of leisure yet!!

As for upgrade... at what point do you have to ask for it... I would love to make my big move flying first class :D

Yeah, I'm supposed to be working too. Luckily I am all alone in my office as I share it with only one other person and he's in Morrocco this week. Hellllllooooooo, VJ! :P

Bruce and I flew Silverjet to Newark -- all business class, with a private terminal in Luton. It is NOT cheap, but we decided to push out the boat for once and travel in comfort. Newark was just as cr@ppy as always, but at least whilst we were in the air...bliss.

I have to confess to something... something only my mom knows. I bought the most beautiful handbag in the Bahamas, but it is easily the most expensive thing I had ever purchased in my life. It cost more than my car. It cost more than that Silverjet ticket to Newark. But I saw it in the window at Salvatore Ferragamo and it was like...where have you been all my life??? It was like one of those eyes meeting across a crowded room moments. I swear I felt my heart skip a beat. Here it is in all its glory:

post-31091-1205421909_thumb.jpg

I feel as giddy as a schoolgirl. And as broke as a schoolgirl.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
I have to confess to something... something only my mom knows. I bought the most beautiful handbag in the Bahamas, but it is easily the most expensive thing I had ever purchased in my life. It cost more than my car. It cost more than that Silverjet ticket to Newark. But I saw it in the window at Salvatore Ferragamo and it was like...where have you been all my life??? It was like one of those eyes meeting across a crowded room moments. I swear I felt my heart skip a beat. Here it is in all its glory:

post-31091-1205421909_thumb.jpg

I feel as giddy as a schoolgirl. And as broke as a schoolgirl.

Good For You!! I'm still waiting for the perfect shoe to find me...perhaps a Christian Louboutin.

I-130

07/29/2007---began process

01/24/2008---I-130 APPROVED (email)

I-129F

11/2007-------sent I-129F - VSC

02/17/2008---touched (at Vermont)

...I'm CR1 now--IV bill shows CR1--oh well

NVC

02/12/2007---at NVC

02/25/2008---received DS-3032 and AOS bill

03/10/2008---received IV Bill ($400!!)

03/24/2008---mailed DS2032

10/10/2008---approved at NVC

11/06/2008---interview (more evidence)

02/17/2009---2nd interview- PASSED!!!!!

04/01/2009---He finally landed on US soil. (no joke)

4309082_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Good For You!! I'm still waiting for the perfect shoe to find me...perhaps a Christian Louboutin.

Thanks! I have spent the past 4 months looking for a new bag and then this one just came into my life... God, listen to me, I sound like I've just started dating someone! :lol:

I'm not so much a shoe girl myself, but I can appreciate a beautiful shoe and Louboutins are gorgeous. Good luck in finding your soul/sole mate!

Filed: Timeline

Yesterday I read in USA Today that Gordon Brown wants students in school to pledge allegiance to the queen like we pledge allegiance to the flag and have a holiday to celebrate their "britishness"

going to post the article in off topic

Edited by Amber&Neil

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

I found some perfect shoes! And they were only £25...score, I guess ;)

That's a really lovely bag, elmcitymaven!

debz - great to hear that you arrived safely and had a smooth journey. :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Gorgeous bag....wish I had some dispensable income....

Debz....glad you got home safe and sound....I would so LOVE to fly business/1st class....

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Gorgeous bag but I could never buy one that cost more than a transatlantic FLIGHT! :blink:

According to Virgin online check-in - our flight is full tmrow - I guess I can ask anyhow. I doubt they would tho.

It really is quite easy to spend that much money. Frighteningly easy. I figured after all the cr@p I've been through over the past 18 months I deserve to spend some money on me for a change.

Have fun on your trip! I'll be over there in about 3 weeks for a business trip. I'm gonna buy me a proper duvet at John Lewis or Debenhams and put it in one of those vacuum sucker-outer bags for the trip home. I have yet to find a duvet here which meets my duvet needs!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm shameless in asking too. You need to ask at check in. Worst they can do is say no.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Gorgeous bag but I could never buy one that cost more than a transatlantic FLIGHT! :blink:

According to Virgin online check-in - our flight is full tmrow - I guess I can ask anyhow. I doubt they would tho.

It really is quite easy to spend that much money. Frighteningly easy. I figured after all the cr@p I've been through over the past 18 months I deserve to spend some money on me for a change.

Have fun on your trip! I'll be over there in about 3 weeks for a business trip. I'm gonna buy me a proper duvet at John Lewis or Debenhams and put it in one of those vacuum sucker-outer bags for the trip home. I have yet to find a duvet here which meets my duvet needs!

hehehehe i did that back in January just couldn't get my head round the comforter having the cover sewn on and not being able to chuck it in the wash and having to have a sheet between me and the cover ( guess i wriggle too much to cope with that).

ohh and don't forget the covers, as US sizes are different. I seem to remember my king size quilt went well on the queen size bed

:thumbs:

check out my time line and dont forget to update yours too :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.