Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Have you been telling people of your 'official' engagement? I felt it would be too odd to make a proper announcement as most people already knew we were getting married, so the most I did was change my facebook status

Any photos of the ring?

Same here, updated facebook and then just flashed the ring when I bumped into them - all our mutual friends saw the proposal post online anyway. Haven't got any photos of the rings but they're both three band silver puzzle rings and we're going to get white-gold ones in the same style for the wedding.

I know exactly what you mean wanting to have something concrete to look forward to - I am the exact same - it is never easy but I at least know that I will be moving on June 30th

I bet you're counting down the days! (I would be).

I'm now stressed that I'll be so stressed in the airport I'll zoink out and they wont let me fly! grrrrrr I just want this to be over.

Awww hun, get some Irn Bru down you and take wet wipes so you can freshen up. Not that it's quite the same, but I worried both of the last times I flew because I had a really bad stomach at the airport until just before I was due to get on the flight - was literally the last person to board on the way home. Was pale and dizzy and sweating but managed to smile and respond that I was 'just nervous' when asked if I was alright. If you feel really faint you could try biting the inside of your mouth hard to bring things back into focus (old trick of mine). Hopefully if you get plenty of rest and try to relax the night before you will be feeling a bit better!

Got Nicky's interview date today.

Congratulations!

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh - I think I know the type you mean; I love those! And I love silver jewellery, too. :thumbs:

Good morning everyone :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Timeline

Morning ^_^

I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps at the moment and have resorted to comfort in the form of chocolate biscuits *sighs*

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning everyone. marmite - bleh........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Morning ^_^

I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps at the moment and have resorted to comfort in the form of chocolate biscuits *sighs*

*hugs* Nothing wrong with chocolate biscuits - I strongly believe in chocolate's anti-depressant qualities! I hope you feel better soon :(

g'morning everyone. marmite - bleh........

Morning, Charles! I'll be sure to send some twiglets your way :P

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

well so far my day of chilling out is a day of stress. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost weight, usually this is cause for celebration but I have problems with low blood pressure and sometimes if I get stressed I lose weight so my blood pressure drops so I start passing out everytime I stand up. My usual average blood pressure sits around 90/60. I've learnt to cope with it over the years, I can usual feel when it's dropping and I'm at risk of passing out and when it does happen (which can be anywhere) I just pick myself up, have a bottle of lucozade (going to have to hunt out the US alternative) and get on with things. My work were really good as they kept a bottle in the fridge for me just incase. However airlines wont let you fly if you start passing out. Unfortuanatly the more I stress the more it drops and currently the more it drops the more I stress. Also if I lose too much more my wedding dress will need altered again. Since we started this process back in late june I have gone from a 12/14 to a 8/10. I'm now stressed that I'll be so stressed in the airport I'll zoink out and they wont let me fly! grrrrrr I just want this to be over.

Hehehe - back to saying "YOU'LL BE FINE!!!" - hun you'll be fine - I know what you mean about wanting it all over though - I am the same although right now I want to get my packet 3 off and get the interview/medical done and out of the way asap just so I don't have to worry about them anymore - I am still worried about including the wedding planner contract in the initial I-129f although I am sure it will be fine... but we have to worry about something - right?

Morning ^_^

Give some of your extra weight to debz - she needs to eat some pies and I think the rest of us could do with losing a few lbs - problem solved ;) We'll eat on behalf of debz - yay!! :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

That would be ideal - those of us who comfort-eat when we're stressed sharing any weight gain with those who lose their appetite when they're stressed!

I'm in the former group and my housemate is the latter - she's always grumbling about having to make herself eat to keep her weight up and I'm always grumbling about trying to satiate my appetite so I can keep my weight down!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline
well so far my day of chilling out is a day of stress. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost weight, usually this is cause for celebration but I have problems with low blood pressure and sometimes if I get stressed I lose weight so my blood pressure drops so I start passing out everytime I stand up. My usual average blood pressure sits around 90/60. I've learnt to cope with it over the years, I can usual feel when it's dropping and I'm at risk of passing out and when it does happen (which can be anywhere) I just pick myself up, have a bottle of lucozade (going to have to hunt out the US alternative) and get on with things. My work were really good as they kept a bottle in the fridge for me just incase. However airlines wont let you fly if you start passing out. Unfortuanatly the more I stress the more it drops and currently the more it drops the more I stress. Also if I lose too much more my wedding dress will need altered again. Since we started this process back in late june I have gone from a 12/14 to a 8/10. I'm now stressed that I'll be so stressed in the airport I'll zoink out and they wont let me fly! grrrrrr I just want this to be over.

Hehehe - back to saying "YOU'LL BE FINE!!!" - hun you'll be fine - I know what you mean about wanting it all over though - I am the same although right now I want to get my packet 3 off and get the interview/medical done and out of the way asap just so I don't have to worry about them anymore - I am still worried about including the wedding planner contract in the initial I-129f although I am sure it will be fine... but we have to worry about something - right?

Debz, I know how your feeling. It's suddenly hit home this last few days that it is going to be a long time before I see anyone here again, some longer than others. I still have so much to do and sort out. I have to really think about packing my cases, I just hope customs dont open them as they will never get everything back in them. :lol:

The worst part is leaving my 19 year old son behind :crying: he's really struggling with me going and it's breaking my heart. He lives with his dad and doesnt really come to see me that often but I think it's just the thought that I won't be here IF he does need me.

I tend to stop eating when I'm stressed and have a low blood pressure too. I can sympathise with you there Debz, my normal blood pressure is around 90/50. I have learnt to live with it and do tend to grab sugary stuff when I feel dizzy, it does help some.

K1

02/09/2007 I-129F Petition received at Nebraska SC

09/11/2007 Medical scheduled at 10.30am

01/14/2008 Interview at 9.30am Approved

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

05/23/2008 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP.           

09/08/2008 EAD card received.                         

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

11/25/2008 Card production ordered

Removal of Conditions

10/22/2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions

12/18/2010 Green Card received

Naturalization

11/21/2016 Mailed N400 Naturalization application

11/29/2016 Application received

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

01/04/2017 In line for interview

02/09/2017 Received interview letter

03/16/2017 Interview in St Paul, Mn - PASSED!!

03/16/2017 Same day Oath Ceremony

That would be ideal - those of us who comfort-eat when we're stressed sharing any weight gain with those who lose their appetite when they're stressed!

I'm in the former group and my housemate is the latter - she's always grumbling about having to make herself eat to keep her weight up and I'm always grumbling about trying to satiate my appetite so I can keep my weight down!

Well I'm all for starting a diet-morale-up-keeping thing going - I so need to lose weight - my skirt that I used to be able to pull down actually FITS me now which is really bad - it was my fatty skirt which officially makes me a fatty... I am prolly a 14-16 at the moment and I was a 10-12 a couple years ago after going on a diet where I actually ate healthily instead of loads of cr@p. If I could hover around a 12-14 I would be happy...

Damn I wish I lost weight when I stressed out! I would love to get down to an 8/10...still stuck at 12/10. It seems like my boobs will never shrink :-(

Hahahaha - I know the feeling - when I lost 2st my boobs stayed the same size... Now I put on more weight and my 34Gs don't fit me anymore... it is not good... I've been getting back problems because of it... grr I can't wait until I sort my life out :(

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Well I'm all for starting a diet-morale-up-keeping thing going - I so need to lose weight - my skirt that I used to be able to pull down actually FITS me now which is really bad - it was my fatty skirt which officially makes me a fatty... I am prolly a 14-16 at the moment and I was a 10-12 a couple years ago after going on a diet where I actually ate healthily instead of loads of cr@p. If I could hover around a 12-14 I would be happy...

Damn I wish I lost weight when I stressed out! I would love to get down to an 8/10...still stuck at 12/10. It seems like my boobs will never shrink :-(

Hahahaha - I know the feeling - when I lost 2st my boobs stayed the same size... Now I put on more weight and my 34Gs don't fit me anymore... it is not good... I've been getting back problems because of it... grr I can't wait until I sort my life out :(

Lost 80 pounds (from an American size 26/28 to a 14/16), but the boobs are the same...I completely understand the back issue...though about a reduction, but I'm waiting until I lose the last 50...

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Lost 80 pounds (from an American size 26/28 to a 14/16), but the boobs are the same...I completely understand the back issue...though about a reduction, but I'm waiting until I lose the last 50...

Wow! Good for you GEG! That's amazing. What an accomplishment. You deserve a rose. (F):)

Thank you!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

well I'm 5'10 and currently sitting at 9st 6lbs. I am actually eating quite alot just not putting weight on.

It's my leaving party today in Glasgow so any people on here than can get to Glasgow it's all happening in the Solid Rock near Central Station from 3pm onwards.

Had good time in Newcastle the last 2 days with my aunt and she used to be a nurse before she left the NHS to follow her dreams as a garden designer. She's had me stuffing my face with sugar and poteins, not feeling a dizzy in general now but still having bouts. Probably going to feel ALOT more dizzy later today. LOL!

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.