Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

lsma - you now have the best immigration excuse ever - "the dog ate my interview letter"

I'm sitting at my mom's computer right now, and she left her Facebook page open. I have not friended her because, well, there are some times when your mom doesn't need to know everything about how your mood is shifting, or how hungover you are, etc. I checked her friends, and guess what? She has friended my ex-husband! How weird is that???

That is even weirder than finding your mother on Facebook to begin with - which I did a few months back. I need to find you on there, btw!

I have just returned from eating myself silly in South Carolina. My stepmother's Thanksgiving dinner is out of this world. I dunno what she puts in gravy. The highlight was meeting my brother's girlfriend who he has kept under wraps for over a year - I was pleased to discover she was great and not at all like previous weird girlfriends.

I now have to get back on the plane tonight and head to the Orient.

90day.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
I dunno what she puts in gravy.

vodka? ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Timeline

today I live in America, and just for a change!! I'm not allowed to work :angry::P

so, vodka and red wine; there's probably also a secret ingredient :D

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Today is Sunday and I am *still* cleaning as I have been for about four hours...

Good luck tomorrow Gillian!! Are you excited? Will be nice to have an income at last and right in time for Christmas as well!!

I never realised how dirty the house had got - because we went away I cleaned just before and granted, it is just a bit over a week since we got back but it is horrible! Muddles and trash and dust everywhere... I still have to clean the bathroom then have a shower because once again it is rather warm today :(

But Jeremy has the next two days off so we are going to put Christmas decs up and decorate with the few decs we have... still need to get more things though!!! Also need to plan what we are going to do on Christmas day now it is just going to be me, him and his crazy aunt...

I don't suppose anyone is up for a New Year's Eve party are they? I know a lot of people are busy so looks like that will be quiet as well :(

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks Maven and Aly.

I'm really excited about going to work tomorrow, although the first 3 weeks are training and I won't be doing my proper job for a while. It'll be nice to have a reason to get out of bed for a change. :D

I'm going to be moving apartments in about 3 weeks too. I'm staying on this complex, just moving into a different unit. Right now I'm on the first floor (ground floor for UK people) and I really don't like living below someone. I'm sure the guy above me has a pet elephant based on the sound of the footsteps I hear. That elephant also comes home drunk in the wee hours at weekends and crashes into things. Not that I really need it I do like to get my beauty sleep. :D

Anyway, I've talked to our leasing people and I can have a top floor apartment that's 100 square feet larger than the one I have now for $80 less in rent per month - bargain!! :yes:

Edited by English Muffin

Timeline

that's excellent! and you won't have far to carry all your stuff :)

well done... sounds like things are really coming together for you :star:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Well today is sunday, and I worked yesterday, and the day before. And I'm starting at 8.30 tomorrow. Oh well, yesterday was overtime, so the money will be good. Friday doesn't count as a holiday, even though my co-worker had the day off, and is getting paid for it. Doesn't sound fair at all to me.

Good luck tomorrow Gillian. It's nice you get a training period, so you can ease in to the job, I've found that it's a nice way to get introduced around the company, since you're often being trained by someone you won't directly work with later, or in small groups, so you know extra people around the place.

I'd be up for a new years party. Anyone else in LA??

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Hee hee, I accepted a challenge from Ginger to create what must be the bestest Facebook app EVAH -- the Clay Aiken Pin Extraganza! Muffin, Aly, Julez -- who wants a PIN??? :P

Best.FacebookApp.EVAR!

Been a good day here. Went down to one of the import stores we have here. Came home with tons of cadbury goodies & lots of scotch pies/pasties/breakfast stuff. Main purchases of the day were a case of Irn Bru for $40 & a tin of Haggis. Life in Chicago is good right now. I have a job, Irn Bru, and now I have my haggis fix. :D

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Filed: Timeline

I'm back from the wilderness. It was GORGEOUS weather & last night I saw more stars than I ever believed possible.

No bears but we saw (& almost hit) a coyote on the way to Thanksgiving dinner, and saw 2 more yesterday + a lot of deer (very close to the path) when we were hiking. AMAZING.

I'm off to a hot bath. :D

Safe travels R! See you in a few weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.