Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I am back in Burbank next Tuesday the 2nd, then I'm off from the 9th-11th in Delaware. Are we all available any time in there?

Julez -- we'll prop up a picture of you at the bar and give a toast in your honor.

We will have Buffalo wings in your honor. (I wish it could be beef on weck tho!)

Should I ever make it out visit you guys I will be sure to bring both proper chicken wings (from the 911 Tavern) and the fixins for beef on weck.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

weck.jpg

and

h_logo.gif

I miss Buffalo! :cry:

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Will you guys stop!!!!

Ok, I will come clean. I'm on my first ever diet. I've never done one before, and this isn't so much a diet, rather healthy eating and an excercise plan. And I'm eating small (healthy) snacks regularly, so I shouldn't be hungry, but I am, and I blame you guys!!!

The UK Wiki

Pointy - have you found SparkPeople yet? I am on a healthy eating/living kick as well (although totally fell off the wagon on the road trip o.O). Today I had wholegrain oatmeal with maple and brown sugar and a banana. FOr lunch I just had vegetable broth with broccoli, garlic, tiny pasta and barley with a couple pieces of wholegrain toast - am poorly with some weird bug so trying to look after myself but think I have burnt my tongue...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Timeline
Will you guys stop!!!!

Ok, I will come clean. I'm on my first ever diet. I've never done one before, and this isn't so much a diet, rather healthy eating and an excercise plan. And I'm eating small (healthy) snacks regularly, so I shouldn't be hungry, but I am, and I blame you guys!!!

:thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

No, hadn't heard of Spark People.

It's called the Abs diet. C's mom sent him the book cos she was doing it, and so were several of her friends, and having good results. It's basically just the idea that building muscle makes you use up more energy throughout the day (rather than just at the workout) and the eating side is based on eating regularly to keep blood sugar even. Focusing on protein to build muscle, but not really cutting anything out per se. Sticking to wholegrains for carbs as much as possible, and drinking homemade smoothies to get in lots of nutrition and for an afternoon kick if need be. The only reason i'm following it is becuase it just makes sense, is not that much of a change, but the guidelines help to focus on what to eat, rather than what not to eat.

I don't want to sound like a commercial for the thing, I've only been doing it for a week or so. I have no idea if it will do anything.

The UK Wiki

Oh sweet baby Jeebus, is it not time to go back to California yet? :wacko: My mom and Bruce are at daggers drawn at the moment over something stupid my mom said to him, and now he's saying he won't have her come to visit. I wish I had stayed in Maine and let everyone else deal with each other without me around.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

w00t w00t! :dancing:

we went to town yesterday evening, ostensibly to get some harder-to-find items for our Thanksgiving dinner (parsnips and beets to roast, mm-mmmm), but while we were there we just HAD to stock up on other German and UK goodies while we had the chance... as a result, we now have a proper Marzipan-Stollen, waiting for Christmas, along with two different sorts of Lebkuchen (I introduced Dave to Dominosteine the other day, and he liked them so much we had to get more Lebkuchen in a different format ;) ) and some Hanuta; we also got proper Schwarzwaelder Spaetzle :D

and then in the British section I got some REAL McVitie's Jaffa Cakes (they're to send someone else though, so I haven't eaten any ;) ), two Fry's Turkish Delight bars, and some Lyle's Golden Syrup... they had SUCH a range though; I should have taken orders here before I went, so I could buy up big for everyone and sent it all out! I'd only charge a 10% markup + postage; very reasonable really, for some Jammy Dodgers and Curly Wurlies, a pack of PG Tips and some Heinz baked beans, a tin of treacle pudding, various chocolate bars, some proper shortbread and a real plum pudding ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Sounds good StP - I am dreading CHristmas again - looks like we are going to be alone on Christmas Day after all and it makes me really sad. Gonna find out what Jeremy's grandparents are doing - maybe we can invite them over... I can' imagine Christmas without tons of people around...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Two of my best Christmases were when there were very few people involved. Xmas 2005 I spent blissfully alone. I made a big curry in the morning which I munched on all day, called all my loved ones, napped a LOT, went for a big walk in a deserted Hyde Park, and polished off a bottle of Bollinger. Xmas 2007 was Bruce, me and my parents' dogs. It was peaceful and I still managed to make an entire Xmas feast for the two of us, including crackers.

Christmas is what you make of it. Use it as a day to reflect on the wonderful gifts of love you have received all throughout this year and all the amazing things you have accomplished. I think you and Jeremy can have a very happy Christmas with Riley and Daisy, just one little family with so much love.

<hugs to Aly>

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Yeah, you're right - it's just the one Christmas I can remember where there weren't many people around was totally rubbish :( I just love all my family being around and I'm not looking forward to missing them... I think Jeremy and I need to get planning is all - plan something that is going to be different but fun as well...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

yeah, plan something different! I did different things every Christmas I spent in the UK... one year I was invited to a friend's parents' (16th century farmhouse near Cambridge; VERY hard to take :lol: ); the next year I had friends come to me - just three others, but I cooked, and it was SO much fun to plan, and a lovely quiet day together... and the next year I went away with friends and some extended family to a house we booked in the countryside :)

and if none of those sort of things are possible, plan something radically different - go along to an open house Christmas celebration, for the homeless, or run by your local church, or something... even if you don't volunteer to help, you'll meet people, and sit around and laugh and joke and contribute to other people's good times as well as your own :)

I did that for a couple of years when I lived in Sydney, and it was GREAT, every time :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.