Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

not so much guys getting hit in the nuts, but I thing probably 50% of all the accident clips were snow related. And about 75% were kids and animals. It seems that if your a parent you should beware:

Kid+Snow+Videocamera=injury :lol:

The UK Wiki

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I have to say, AFV is hardly ever funny. I can't imagine having to watch all of the submissions to try and find a few worth a small chuckle. :blink:

And as for parent's submitting naked children, well that's really in poor taste. But, some people will do anything for a buck.

Timeline

thankfully i didn't have the job of choosing, just putting the one's they knew they wanted in to the editing bays. A large portion were very old and terrible quality video. And yes, most not funny at all.

So I'm thinking of roasting a chicken and not a turkey for Thanksgiving. (it's either a chicken or Turkey deli slices - the whole turkey was never an option) or maybe go out. What are you guys all up to for the holiday? Having no family around, not being used the the holiday anyway, and suddenly not having much time off, I don't know what to do for it. C would be just as happy to ignore it altogether.

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Roast a chicken! It will be yummy! And though you are not accustomed to the Thanksgiving tradition, its a great excuse to make a huge meal and just enjoy the day. The great think about Thanksgiving is that there really isn't a specific formula that you have to follow. Most people I know have certain dishes they must have, some are traditional and some are not. Just make what works for you! And given all you two have accomplished this year, I'd say you have a lot to be thankful for. :)

Filed: Timeline

I placed a rather large order on www.britsuperstore.com on Saturday. They shipped it Monday & I received it today in California.

Very impressive!!

Now I have 20 packets of Mr. Porky :D , plus some Frazzles, Bisto & Nik Naks. :dancing:

And my Mom has 20 packets of cheese crispies, M&S Shortbread, orange & whisky marmalade and strawberry & champagne conserves.

Timeline

wow, that's just 2 nights!

about the only things that I really miss are biscuits and bread.

I haven't made my own bread for a while, and even when I did, it wasn't the same as a brown sliced pan.

Biscuits - there's just nothing to replace hobnobs, choc digestives... I can get them at world market, but they are over $5!!!! And is it just me or are all biscuits here pretty expensive?

Though I never made gravy really, cos I don't really do roasts, maybe i should think about getting bisto for next thursday!!!

The UK Wiki

Timeline

we saw a couple of bears just outside of Yellowstone, and a (real) cowboy on a horse lassoing one of his cattle. The bears were a cub and it's mother. They were way off in at the edge of the forest, and we were on the road in the clearing. Too far to take pictures that would be worth taking, but cool just the same. A bit further along in the 'National Preserve' area or something, we saw the cowboy. We were the only ones on the road, and we were ages away so it wasn't for show, I suppose he just had to get one of them cows for some reason.

The UK Wiki

Timeline

Also I don't know how Wyoming gets the same electoral college votes as DC. That place is eeeeemmmptttyyy. They must count the buffalo in the census to make up numbers or something. Otherwise they'd be left with .5 of an electoral college vote.

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i wonder what's new around here.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Now for those knocking my photography skills there was a bear only 100 yards away. Although I had encountered bears hiking before and they don't really scare me, but I was a bit overexcited. The wildlife encounter I truly fear is a mountain lion - I'm not sure if any of the Angelenos heard there was one stalking round the grounds of the Getty Center last month.

Population of Wyoming and DC proper is actually about the same (half a million) - you just kind of assume DC is bigger than that because of the surrounding metro area.

90day.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.