Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news Robin!! It's good that you don't have to move - while it's a nice opportunity to have it does seem like a bit of a PITA to up and leave and do the whole country-hop thing again :blink:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Mega-congrats, Robin. Glad to know we've got you in LA for a little while longer!

By the way, have any of you heard about the boycott of El Coyote? Apparently the owner contributed to the Yes on Prop 8 campaign. Big frowns all around. :angry:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

OH lord. Prop 8, the gift that keeps on giving. According to 538.com the whole 'it's the black people's fault' line that was going around, is really not borne out by the statistics, new voters (read record African-American turnout) voted mostly against Prop 8. Oh dear, on a night with a great step forward there were plenty of small steps back it seems.

The UK Wiki

Yeah - I heard that one too - it's in the local news here saying that it was prolly due to more conservative ethnic groups like blacks and latinos voting... I think it is more likely that the religious crazies went nuts :wacko:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Timeline
who's to blame then?

I haven't found any decent polling data online.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#CAI01p1

Every ethnic group supported marriage equality, except African-Americans, who voted overwhelmingly against extending to gay people the civil rights once denied them: a staggering 69 - 31 percent African-American margin against marriage equality. That's worse than even I expected. Whites, on the other hand, clearly rejected discrimination: 55 to 45 percent. Latinos were evenly split.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_...8-exit-pol.html

LOS ANGELES – California's black and Latino voters, who turned out in droves for Barack Obama, provided key support for a state ban on same-sex marriage. Christian, married and older voters also helped give the measure the winning edge, according to exit polls for The Associated Press.

Exit poll data showed seven in 10 black voters and more than half of Latino voters backed the ballot initiative, while whites and Asians were split

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...ws_1n6exit.html

hmmm. although the lack of data for black sub-demos makes me wonder how big the sample was for AAs- assume it was weighted to the CA general population.

Though I will say this - the only people I've seen and heard denying the effect of high minority turnout on prop 8 are white people. My AA work colleague campaigned hard for Obama and is very politically active and tells me that there was significant outreach for Yes on 8 to the community.

90day.jpg

I dunno - maybe it's just Palm Springs then - the news coverage was showing lots of prejudice in that area *shrug*

I know this has been around a bunch but I got it (again) in an e-mail from my dad and couldn't be bothered to annoy people by forwarding it on - feel free to share your new name :D I am Dinky Chickennose ;)

We all need a little stress-reliever! This only takes a minute. Sometimes when you have a stressful day or week, you need some silliness to break up the day. If we are honest, we have a lot more stressful days than not. Here is your dose of humor...

Follow the instructions to find your new name..

The following is excerpted from a children's book, Captain Underpants And the Perilous Plot Professor Poopypants, by Dave Pilkey, in which the evil Professor forces everyone to assume new names...

So:-

1. Use the third letter of your first name to determine your New first name:

a = snickle

b = doombah

c = goober

d = cheesey

e = crusty

f = greasy

g = dumbo

h = farcus

i = dorky

j = doofus

k = funky

l = boobie

m = sleezy

n = sloopy

o = fluffy

p = stinky

q = slimy

r = dorfus

s = snooty

t = tootsie

u = dipsy

v = sneezy

w = liver

x = skippy

y = dinky

z = zippy

2. Use the second letter of your last name to determine the first half of your new last name:

a = dippin

b = feather

c = batty

d = burger

e = chicken

f = barffy

g = lizard

h = waffle

i = farkle

j = monkey

k = flippin

l = fricken

m = bubble

n = rhino

o = potty

p = hamster

q = buckle

r = gizzard

s = lickin

t = snickle

u = chuckle

v = pickle

w = hubble

x = dingle

y = gorilla

z = girdl e

3. Use the third letter of your last name to determine the second half of your new last name:

a = butt

b = #######

c = face

d = nose

e = hump

f = breath

g = pants

h = shorts

i = lips

j = honker

k = head

l = tush

m = chunks

n = dunkin

0Ao = brains

p = biscuits

q = toes

r = doodle

s = fanny

t = sniffer

u = sprinkles

v = frack

w = squirt

x = humperdinck

y = hiney

z = juice

Thus, for example, George W. Bush's new name is: Fluffy Chucklefanny.

Remember that children laugh an average of 146 times a day; adults laugh an average of 4 times a day. Put more laughter in your day!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

:lol: Oh they are all so much better than mine!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.