Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Wooooo, tumbleweeds again in the UK sub-forum. What are we all up to that's so time-consuming that we can't drop in here, eh? Me, I spent a lot of yesterday cleaning and organizing my study, then went to Glendale for some retail therapy, mostly involving Michael's and Jo-Ann Fabrics. I've started work on a knitted woolly mammoth as a Christmas gift for Bruce. I've only done a small hippo before when it comes to knitted toys, so this is much more of a challenge.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I don't know maven, its just been so quiet here that I've been dabbling in nonsense threads around VJ. I feel pretty sad that the UK forum has been so dead.

On a positive note, as there is a Bank holiday on Tuesday, I took Monday for holiday as well - 4 day weekend -wooohooooo!!!!!!

We've gotta do something to live this place up!!

Well as I was the last poster I kinda felt a bit silly answering myself ;) I've not been up to much anywho ;) Just waiting for word on the car from Maven :whistle:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I've just booked myself a flight back to the UK for a little trip. :dance:

It's not until January but it's nice having something to look forward to. :D

Well as I was the last poster I kinda felt a bit silly answering myself ;) I've not been up to much anywho ;) Just waiting for word on the car from Maven :whistle:

Writing you a PM in the next few! :star:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

That's great Gillian!! Its always good to have somehting to look forward to. :star:

We just last night found reasonable flights to go over in Feb. We're flying out of Toronto which will save us about $650!! $1,950 canadian, so about $1,650 US, whcih I think is pretty sweet! We're taking my 13 y/o son for his first UK trip - he's pretty excited!

That's great!! And you too Julez!! I don't know when we will be able to afford to go back but defo want to go back for next Christmas... it just seems like such a long way away :(

Writing you a PM in the next few! :star:

Yippee!! Received and understood!! :dance:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Oh it takes ages!! I did all mine for the US and for the UK reception so just under 100 or something silly like that :blink: They looked really nice though :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

The first time I got married...a long time ago, I had them printed professionally, but still had to address them, which was a pain. Second time it was just my family & closest friends, so we used word of mouth to invite them. Very easy!

Timeline
I'm having a very weird day of good news and big decisions. and here I was looking forward to a quiet weekend.

Care to elaborate, Robin? Is it finally time for our discussion about buying life insurance? :lol:

Ha ha! Maybe I need me some life insurance.

I got an job offer with a very well respected media company back in London. We have wanted to go back but am I ready for it? In the mean time, in a time of economic crisis. I am getting phone calls about other jobs - one in LA, 2 back there. Oh, and I confided with someone at my current place about my offer and he said "don't give them an answer until we have a chance to talk to you. Options!

And in the midst of cost-cutting, they just approved my business trip to Hong Kong next month.

What will I do? I do realize these are fortunate choices to have to make.

90day.jpg

Timeline

Wow, Robin! That is really a great dilemma to be faced with! Obviously, you are good at what you do and well-respected in your industry.

My advice, FWIW, wait for all the offers to come in and then make an informed decision, based on what is really best for you and your hubby.

Good luck and you go girl!! Sounds like you'll be able to afford the best life insurance policy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.