Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi all. Having been a real life catholic school girl, in a uniform designed to be as unsexy as possible I find the 'sexy catholic school girl' thing a little hilarious.

I really was excited to see my family. Now I just want them to leave my apartment alone. They keep filling the fridge to breaking point and generally driving me nuts. My parents are ultra sqeamish, they came home and I was watching True Blood, and I did not enjoy a minute of it once they were watching too. Oh man. I love'um, but god, I prefer when we have a little space, and I can watch some TV with boobs in it.

Oooo I LOVE True Blood. I have a total crush on Bill Compton. Nicky just sits quietly on the couch with his iPod while I watch the show....maybe suggest the same to your famiglia :thumbs:

We had a dress code, not a uniform. No T-shirts (dressy short-sleeve shirts okay for girls only), no athletic gear during classtime, no jeans except on the weekend and definitely not on Academic Saturdays (yes, we had Academic Saturdays every other week), boys had to wear collared shirts, no ripped clothing, no hats in the classroom, no "provocative" necklines or hemlines for girls. Every Monday dinner, boys had to wear a blazer and nice trousers with a collared shirt, and girls had to wear a dress, nice shirt and skirt or a trousersuit. Yeah, it sucked.

Did you go to a boarding school? My best friend did for a while...but got kicked out after she stole the school van and drove around town looking for guys in it. Too bad they didn't have a "school corevette" to steal.

Hmmm...going over to see the new controversial thread. Should I bring up vibrators?

wtf-picard.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm.... yeah I think that is a great idea... I mean what else do bored housewives have to do all day!? :lol:

I need to make "Ghost Ginger" sometime this week... just wondering where to put her :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
Ummm.... yeah I think that is a great idea... I mean what else do bored housewives have to do all day!? :lol:

I need to make "Ghost Ginger" sometime this week... just wondering where to put her :D

As close to the booze as possible :-p

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline

Just finished that thread...it started with the financial crisis and ended up with golden showers. Only in VJ...

Well, good for the pinay who thinks "barefoot and preggers" is just the life for her. I mean, it is America and she can do whatever she wants. I personally think it is totally insane and if I were to do the same I would feel stifled and would probably resort to drinking copious amounts of alcohol and anti-depressants to deal with life. But if she likes it...good for her. As long as someone isn't telling me I should live my life that way everyone is entitled to whatever makes them happy.

Was a great way to pass the time while my bread was in the oven!

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Just finished that thread...it started with the financial crisis and ended up with golden showers. Only in VJ...

Well, good for the pinay who thinks "barefoot and preggers" is just the life for her. I mean, it is America and she can do whatever she wants. I personally think it is totally insane and if I were to do the same I would feel stifled and would probably resort to drinking copious amounts of alcohol and anti-depressants to deal with life. But if she likes it...good for her. As long as someone isn't telling me I should live my life that way everyone is entitled to whatever makes them happy.

What a cesspool VJ has turned into.

Watching people hate on another culture is fun? And more disgustingly, the actual thread was allowed for so long.

Edited by illumine

Timeline

What a cesspool VJ has turned into.

Watching people hate on another culture is fun? And more disgustingly, the actual thread was allowed for so long.

I don't think "fun" was an adjective I used here Dev. I think I spelled it out pretty clear that if staying home barefoot and pregnant was her choice was just fine...and she never once did advocate that to others.

And please don't try patronizing me again...especially here. If you want to take it elsewhere I'm more than happy to discuss this further in Off Topic.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
man...the UK forum is dead....it makes me sad....

I know and I've been such a lurker lately. :D

Right now my life is sooooooo boring that I really have nothing to say. I spend most of each day applying for jobs or just picking up groceries and running errands and I just can't manage to turn that into anything worth mentioning.

I was looking forward to Aly's party but I had to cancel because flights were so much more expensive than I was expecting and I just can't justify spending that kind of money when I don't have a job yet. On the plus side I am going to my first meet up arranged through www.meetup.com on Sunday. The British group (that you put me onto Julez, thank you) are celebrating Guy Fawkes night and are having a big bonfire and fireworks etc. and I'm really looking forward to that. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
man...the UK forum is dead....it makes me sad....

I know and I've been such a lurker lately. :D

Right now my life is sooooooo boring that I really have nothing to say. I spend most of each day applying for jobs or just picking up groceries and running errands and I just can't manage to turn that into anything worth mentioning.

I was looking forward to Aly's party but I had to cancel because flights were so much more expensive than I was expecting and I just can't justify spending that kind of money when I don't have a job yet. On the plus side I am going to my first meet up arranged through www.meetup.com on Sunday. The British group (that you put me onto Julez, thank you) are celebrating Guy Fawkes night and are having a big bonfire and fireworks etc. and I'm really looking forward to that. :)

Gillian - I hope you have a great time at Guy Fawkes night!!! I'm glad that the NC expats are pretty active! There isn't an active expats group here in the Buffalo area, so Griff is trying his best to make friends, which, as you know is tough if you aren't working. Last weekend he went to the Bills game with a colleague of mine and all his friends. He made a friend and will hopefully be going to a few more games this season!

Tomorrow night we are meeting a US/UK couple from Rochester NY as they are in Buffalo for his AOS interview. So, we're really looking forward to that! I met them in Aug as they were in town for a concert, and since I work downtown we met up for a drink. they are really nice, so it will be good to see them again and I think Griff will enjoy commiserating with another Brit!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
My life has been so boring too - the highlight of my weekend was reorganizing all the cupboards in my kitchen and cleaning out my closet. However, as boring as that sounds, it feels pretty good to have finally done it.

I love clearing stuff out! My head always feels clearer afterwards too. :D

Gillian - I hope you have a great time at Guy Fawkes night!!! I'm glad that the NC expats are pretty active! There isn't an active expats group here in the Buffalo area, so Griff is trying his best to make friends, which, as you know is tough if you aren't working. Last weekend he went to the Bills game with a colleague of mine and all his friends. He made a friend and will hopefully be going to a few more games this season!

Tomorrow night we are meeting a US/UK couple from Rochester NY as they are in Buffalo for his AOS interview. So, we're really looking forward to that! I met them in Aug as they were in town for a concert, and since I work downtown we met up for a drink. they are really nice, so it will be good to see them again and I think Griff will enjoy commiserating with another Brit!

I know how Griff feels about making friends when you don't have a job - it's hard. I'm glad he enjoyed his game and I hope you both have a good night tomorrow. :thumbs:

Timeline
My life has been so boring too - the highlight of my weekend was reorganizing all the cupboards in my kitchen and cleaning out my closet. However, as boring as that sounds, it feels pretty good to have finally done it.

What a coincidence...I spent last night reorganizing my cupboards. Did find my lint picker though!

wtf-picard.jpg

What a coincidence...I spent last night reorganizing my cupboards. Did find my lint picker though!

I found all sorts of things too, it was a very satisfying experience. I guess this is where one finds their thrills when they are an old, married lady.

I also made some gut-wrenching decisions. Like recognizing I will probably use my cassette player again and throwing away almost all my old mix tapes made circa 1985-1997.

90day.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

My life is not only boring but also depressing. I spend most days pretending to look for jobs, but really yelling at cable news. My family have gone up to San Fran till tomorrow, it's nice to have a bit of peace, and still nice that they'll be here for a few days before they leave on thursday.

Still no job, union stuff still being a pain, lots of dead ends. I'm about to start from the beginning again, and start bothering people that have said they would look out for something for me, but I haven't heard from since. You know, I'm not sure this whole freelance thing is for me. I hate job hunting. And I think I'm getting worse at it.

Sorry for the depressing post. I really never forsaw that I'd be coming up to November, and still in this position.

The UK Wiki

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.