Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

They will be gone just the day before. I might take a rain check because I will hopfully be enjoying taking back my own space and relaxing, and not going anyplace. Oh yeah, and concentrating on getting a dayum job. Still working on that one.

P.S. C got a phone call from his mum in florida. the electoral people are trying to say that her (black) husband is not registered to vote even though he handed in the registration in person. C got his absentee a week too late back in 2000. Ain't Florida democracy grand.

The UK Wiki

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Pointy, the look is slutty, not sexy! I'm thinking the whole kinderwhore look, with a dollop of Tawny Kitaen. Not that I look anything like Tawny Kitaen.

It's about eleventy bajilion degrees again here. I think I may go into cataleptic shock when I touch down at JFK tomorrow -- everyone back East is telling me it is like an icebox there at the mo.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

We had a dress code, not a uniform. No T-shirts (dressy short-sleeve shirts okay for girls only), no athletic gear during classtime, no jeans except on the weekend and definitely not on Academic Saturdays (yes, we had Academic Saturdays every other week), boys had to wear collared shirts, no ripped clothing, no hats in the classroom, no "provocative" necklines or hemlines for girls. Every Monday dinner, boys had to wear a blazer and nice trousers with a collared shirt, and girls had to wear a dress, nice shirt and skirt or a trousersuit. Yeah, it sucked.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Aww Pointy - we'll miss you!! Tucson can't make it either as I think they have car problems but we have some friends from PS coming... Again, Jeremy is *meant* to be inviting people from work but I am expecting that to work as well as last time!!!

Owel, if nothing else we can sit around looking stupid together and eat candy :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

*runs over*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

:lol: I loved the pic of the boy praying and the poster saying they hoped it would work because it had the word "God" in it :lol: I actually laughed out loud on that one :D

Thanks for the heads up Robin :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

oh lord, those things are just too tragic for words. "I have a degree, but I'm happy if hubby keeps me locked up, barefoot and pregnant?????" She may not have understood the full implication of the word slave, but boy, it seems she wasn't that far off.

The UK Wiki

I don't have a problem with people who work from home or stay-at-home mothers or even those people who don't work as they are busy renovating a house or something. I just can't understand why/how anyone would stay at home to just be a housewife/husband with no kids when their OH is out at work all day.

Of course, if we won the lottery then that opinion might change but... then we would both be home/travelling/volunteering etc. and I would still want to work at least a bit or I would get totally bored!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.