Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thought I'd say hello since our case left for London last Friday! :content:

I'm visiting Nath mid-December for a month, so I hope he'll have his interview sometime during my trip!

Life has become MUCH more exciting since receiving our NOA2. :yes:

AOS

NOA: 6/26/09

RFE: 7/9/09

RFE removed: 7/31/09

Biometrics: 7/29/09

AOS Transferred: 8/21/09

AP Rec.: 8/21/09

EAD Rec.: 8/22/09

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - it all moves really quickly from that point onwards! I was really excited up to the point where I had been approved at interview and once I received my visa. Then like the day after I had my visa the reality actually kicked in and I started panicking!!! Part of me thinks it would have been easier to move right away but I am glad I did things the way I did :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I am having such a productive day here at work today! I think I've accomplished more this moring than I have in the last 3 weeks! :D

Right. Back to work! It actually feels good today.

Well I made my Christmas cake. Got a good receipe from the BBC food site. Now I just have to douse it in brandy every week till Christmas. At that rate one slice will get you drunk.

Now that sounds like my type of cake!!

If there's smoke billowing over Cambridgeshire later it's me having an attempt to bake!

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's a really easy cake to make, and cheap too if you get all the stuff from tesco. But leave the fruit soaking overnight in tea, it really plumps them up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

agggghhhh. They're driving me crazy. The won't decide what they want to do, and keep asking me. When is it that you become more like the parents, and the parents are more like the kids. Added to that my brother and sister are cranky and keep sniping at each other. Some of it is jet lag, but a lot of it is people generally not funtioning very well as a unit.

Oh lord. And they want to do a road trip to Vegas and San Fran. I'm not sure we'd all get out alive on the other end. Cripes. I sent them off on a bus tour yesterday, and had 2 hours of quiet bliss.

The UK Wiki

Oh yuck!! I know my mum is going to be a bit like that when she comes over as well - she is already asking me which is the best hotel to stay in and where can she get in cheap etc... I'm like - I don't know!!! I just live here - I have an apartment and haven't stayed in a hotel in Palm Springs in my life so how would I know?! All I would do is look online! It's not like I am going to go into every hotel here and ask to look around!! :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline

We've been looking for tickets to go to the UK with my 2 sons in Feb and I cant find a good price! UGH, its so frustrating! So far, the lowest I can find for 4 tix is around $3,050. In January this year I paid just a hair over $1,000 for me and my daughter. Airfare is just crazy right now. CRAZY!

So far, the lowest I can find for 4 tix is around $3,050.

Ouch! Probably not much use to you, I found $550 return flights from Chicago to Manchester on travelocity. Best I can find right now.

To think I paid 150 quid for a return flight to Denver from London five years ago.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Timeline
So far, the lowest I can find for 4 tix is around $3,050.

Ouch! Probably not much use to you, I found $550 return flights from Chicago to Manchester on travelocity. Best I can find right now.

To think I paid 150 quid for a return flight to Denver from London five years ago.

Yeah, I'd still need to get from Buffalo to Chicago....but I'll check out Travelocity anyway.

Just checked travelocity....$801 each. Sigh. Looks like hubs may have to go alone, which makes me very sad. :(

have you tried America Airlines directly as I got my Dallas flight for Christmas for £380 and last year paid £666

It might be worthi waiting a little bit as I heard on the news tonight that as oil prices are down both BA and virgin are going to cut their fuel surcharge so prices might be coming down

Good luck and I get a lot of mails for cheap flights so will let you know if I see anything

Also try travelzoo.com they come up with some good deals

Welcome home Maven!!! It's the same temperature here as well!! It's really nice because I haven't had the AC on for about four days now which is lovely! Those Santa Ana winds that are causing havoc with the LA fires are blissful when they reach this far into the Coachella Valley :D

Any news on if you'll be able to make it over for the hallowe'en party? I've been pretty lame in getting things together although we got the decs and music already (including an MP3 version of that song you so love :wacko::lol: ) but I really need to plan some decent yummy food :D I can't wait!!

How was the trip? Hope it wasn't too bad :D Missed you!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
Just checked travelocity....$801 each. Sigh. Looks like hubs may have to go alone, which makes me very sad. :(

have you tried America Airlines directly as I got my Dallas flight for Christmas for £380 and last year paid £666

It might be worthi waiting a little bit as I heard on the news tonight that as oil prices are down both BA and virgin are going to cut their fuel surcharge so prices might be coming down

Good luck and I get a lot of mails for cheap flights so will let you know if I see anything

Also try travelzoo.com they come up with some good deals

Thanks for the tips. We plan to keep watching the sites and hopefully one day soon we'll get that magical price that will suit us!

Woooooooo! I am back in Burbank and back with my boy. LA may be burning and it may be 92 outside but I am happy to be home. :dance:

Welcome back maven! Now put those sweaters away! Great to have you back.

Now where the heck is dev????? Why is she avoiding us?? :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.