Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Congrats on the NOA!!! Is it weird to be back to NOA's after all this time?

i guess I have to admit the sausages are a bad idea. In truth I can get most things that I want here, they're just a bit more expensive.

They're going to be here for almost 3 weeks, so I think they're going to try to get all the way to San Fran, and perhaps Vegas. But I have duly noted all the local attractions mentioned. The Griffith Observatory has amazing views I will definitely make them go there. I got my Dad a California travel book for Christmas, but it's always good to get local recomendations. :thumbs:

The UK Wiki

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was weird updating a timeline after 2 years off such concerns. Since I sent the package of almost 2 weeks ago and didn't get the NOA until now I experience that very familiar "immigration panic" that my package was lost, rejected, thrown in the rubbish. But alas the mail is just slow. It seems CSC is fast at processing I-751s so I'm hoping at least one part of the process will be quick for us.

Do your parents like hikes at all? Some really nice ones to be had in the Santa Monica mountains.

90day.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning and goodbye! i'm off to brazil for vacation. :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Oooh - have a lovely time Charles :)

Hmmm - Robin I can totally understand the panic feeling although I am a bit blase about it now for AOS etc. I just wish that my cases would even show online because since biometrics there hasn't been anything at all :(

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats Robin! Congrats to Julez!! And have a great vacation, Charles!!

I haven't been on here for a week and I feel like I missed a lot. It has been a weird week in the Gareth's Girl Household....I interviewed for at UC Davis in their Geology Dept and got offered the job right away which was super fantastic and totally awesome. However I have now been dealing with the prats at my current job. I gave them two weeks and they got upset and wanted me to give them till November 3rd. I can deal with the comments and attitude, but the owner's son and brother-in-law are tettering pretty close to the line of sexual harrassment which everybody seems to think is ok (I guess they figure I don't count as an employee since it is my last two weeks so they can be gross and ghetto all they want). I am so done with them now and am almost ready to make today my last day....that or punch one of them in the face. Whatever....I am excited about my new position at UC Davis....I have been trying forever to get on there and now I am. Yeah!

Please buy Gareth's Flat....http://www.taylorsestateagents.co.uk/content/006_Results/002_Property/property-sales-tayrps-LWC080078-1213606331

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I haven't been on here for a week and I feel like I missed a lot. It has been a weird week in the Gareth's Girl Household....I interviewed for at UC Davis in their Geology Dept and got offered the job right away which was super fantastic and totally awesome. However I have now been dealing with the prats at my current job. I gave them two weeks and they got upset and wanted me to give them till November 3rd. I can deal with the comments and attitude, but the owner's son and brother-in-law are tettering pretty close to the line of sexual harrassment which everybody seems to think is ok (I guess they figure I don't count as an employee since it is my last two weeks so they can be gross and ghetto all they want). I am so done with them now and am almost ready to make today my last day....that or punch one of them in the face. Whatever....I am excited about my new position at UC Davis....I have been trying forever to get on there and now I am. Yeah!

Congrats on your new job!!! It sounds like you really need a change of scenery. I'd hate to work with/for jerks like that. Good luck getting through the next few weeks.

Timeline

Congrats on your new job!!! It sounds like you really need a change of scenery. I'd hate to work with/for jerks like that. Good luck getting through the next few weeks.

Thanks! I hope I don't lose my temper. They are totally morons and I don't really think understand the serious legal trouble they can get into for some of the comments and behavior they are allowing. Idiots.

Please buy Gareth's Flat....http://www.taylorsestateagents.co.uk/content/006_Results/002_Property/property-sales-tayrps-LWC080078-1213606331

Yay! Wtg GG!!! What will you be doing there?! SOunds like everything is falling into place which is great news!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline
Yay! Wtg GG!!! What will you be doing there?! SOunds like everything is falling into place which is great news!!

I will be doing Admin work. We support the faculty mostly. I couldn't believe how awesome the benefits and pay was. I think I did a lot of air punching and jumping when I found out I got it. Gareth laughed at me. :blush:

Timeline
those things look super yummy. I've had a bit of a baking addiction recently. It's great to have a proper oven again, I didn't have one for sooo long. And I gave myself a joining the union present - a kitchenaid mixer. Omg I love it. it's just a plain white one, the cheapest of all of them, the lovely coloured ones are wayy more expensive for no reason.

So far this week I've made cornbread muffins, 2 loaves of bread, banana bread, oh yeah, and I got a slow cooker and made some pulled pork. God, I need a job.

I've been doing lots of baking too...I guess the fall weather here brings it out of me.

Yesterday I made 3 dozen cupcakes...1/2 chocolate and 1/2 yellow cake, all with fudge frosting. I got a can of the Duncan Heinz cake decorating stuff but I'm not very good at it...the ones I did make look like #######. Oh well, no one gives a shiz when they taste good.

Also made a few loaves soda bread (two white, one whole wheat), a shepard's pie and likely something else for my par-tay tomorrow.

Congrats, Robin, on your NOA1!!

I am happy to report that the sale of my former resince will be closed today at 1:30 PM! Wooohooo!! I'll only own one house!!!!! :dance:

Yay...congrats on getting rid of one of the homes. Please keep the other...I think I know a lot of people who will be living in refridgerator boxes soon.

Thanks! I hope I don't lose my temper. They are totally morons and I don't really think understand the serious legal trouble they can get into for some of the comments and behavior they are allowing. Idiots.

If you lose your temper...what do you have to lose at this point? It's good not to burn bridges, but when it comes to someone being unappropriate towards you I think it's ok to burn that one.

Otherwise, I've just emereged from a cocoon of work. It's been insane here and I was put in charge by one of the execs to do some projects very important to the company...which is cool. Hard part is I was basically given very little instruction as to how to go about this and present it...I got some vague guidelines and have had to fill in the blanks. I really hope it comes out as she wants...the cool thing is she seems to think I can handle the job but I don't want to epically fail y'know?

wtf-picard.jpg

Ginger - in my last job before I moved I was temping so I was only in the position for 2 1/2 months yet had the area manager of Avon Fire and Rescue absolutely loving me (I got champagne as a leaving present :o ). My job there was very vague and I had little instruction - I was just kind of told what was wanted/needed and asked for my opinion/suggestions.

My strategy was always to make it up as I went along - if something didn't work, I tried something else. If I got really stuck, I asked, and if no-one could answer me then I figured no-one cared enough for it to be done in a specific way :lol: Training my replacement was really fun - she freaked out at how many little bits there were to do on a daily basis and didn't think she could do it and I taught her my strategy - she totally didn't believe me until she saw me working through things!!

I guess what I am trying to say is that maybe the freedom is a good thing - generally if you are left to your own devices then you are trusted and there is no specific way things need to be done - otherwise surely that would be requested from the off!? You'll do great :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

glad we got my money over when it was 1.96...

The UK economy is sliding as well and the local press was talking about a worldwide recession... I don't know how much of it is scaremongering though...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.