Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Of course! It is also very Bristolian as in "awright me luvver?" so thought it was rather apt :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Here's a random rant, but I HATE the way the commercials on TV are so much louder than the programming. It drives my nuts. I have to turn the TV up for the program I'm watching, and then the commercials come on and they Blast out of the TV, I have to dive for the remote and turn it down. I'm especially aware of it cos we live in an apartment building, and there's a baby in one of the nearby apartments. GRRRRRRRRRrrrrr

The UK Wiki

It is a fake 'stache but looks eerily realistic-ish!!! And if you are married then surely you should have a glittery love-trophy in your siggy as well?!

Pointy - I agree with you - it drives me nuts as well. When we play videogames the games are as loud as the commercials though so I think it is the programs that are quieter to make the ads seem louder. At least you are considerate enough to care :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Oh - and as an aside, I am currently browsing for Christmas presents to put on my wishlist. Any recommendations from Lush? I am going through the site with a fine toothcomb :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Yep, and then I'll make sure I include a few bible quotations too, or at least thank the Baby Jesus for the CSC processing my I-865 back in July.

:lol:

be sure you put pics of him staring deep into your eyes. Or maybe naked. Either one - surprise us!

Oh darn... I forgot the bible quotes :cry:

Lemme work on that...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Oh I can't be bothered :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Here's a random rant, but I HATE the way the commercials on TV are so much louder than the programming. It drives my nuts. I have to turn the TV up for the program I'm watching, and then the commercials come on and they Blast out of the TV, I have to dive for the remote and turn it down. I'm especially aware of it cos we live in an apartment building, and there's a baby in one of the nearby apartments. GRRRRRRRRRrrrrr

Nicky just mutes the commercials.

Krav Maga is a self defense technique developed by the Isreali military. It's based a bit more on street fighting but it incorporates a lot of martial arts moves from varying schools. I saw it on tv a while back and it just looked like it was interesting...I wouldn't mind learning how to kick some serious #######!

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline

I like this depiction with Christ's intestines coming out of his body

crucxxs.gif

Irony

rob29.gif

Gee, and here I thought FREEDOM begins with "FREE"

free5s.gif

But honestly, most of the bible ones are very lame! The gangsta shiz is much cooler

acb02.gif

wtf-picard.jpg

Who watches commercials any more? I don't! I DVR everything I watch and rarely watch anything live.

I've never tried Krav Maga but it always looks similar to kickboxing which I did for some time. It's probably similar in that you get a total body workout, burns loads of calories and you get to kick a$$. I think anything like that always gives you laods of self confidence when it comes to self defence, which is always a good thing.

90day.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

oh you see we're poor immigrants that can't afford a DVR, or at least, I'm trying to hold off buying too much stuff, till I have a job.

That Krav Maga sounds like fun. However with things like that I alway overestimate how fit it am, try a class, go hell for leather in the first part of the class, then it becomes clear that I was going overboard, and it was only the warm up, then the hard part comes, I can't keep up. I never return to the class. Sad but true.

The UK Wiki

Timeline

One of the local gyms has a "try one class for free" and I'm thinking of doing it. But I am leery of those types of set-ups because I'm afraid someone will try to pressure me into a membership.

wtf-picard.jpg

I've been looking for yoga classes, but we either need to sign up to a gym which costs a fortune or fork out $17 per class :o Owel - guess I will have to wait to get a job then :(

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.