~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
So maybe now is a good time to be thinking about buying that life insurance policy, Robin :lol:

Or at least get critical illness cover - what if my legs fall off?

Lloyds of London?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm still sore from the 7 mile run I did the other day - I'm blaming you, Ginger, for inspiring me to do a distance run after your half marathon!

Cool! Hey, if you ever want to do a race together or something let me know!

Maybe we can start a VJ running team?

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
So maybe now is a good time to be thinking about buying that life insurance policy, Robin :lol:

Lloyds of London?

I will only buy it from you, julez!

I guess it's time to expand my product line!

I slipped on an oil patch in the garage yesterday (at the gym) & fell hard on the side of my foot. I am limping & in a lot of pain.

:ranting:

Too bad we haven't discussed foot insurance before today....

Hope you feel better soon.

Filed: Timeline

Lloyds of London?

I will only buy it from you, julez!

I guess it's time to expand my product line!

I slipped on an oil patch in the garage yesterday (at the gym) & fell hard on the side of my foot. I am limping & in a lot of pain.

:lol:

Julez -

I am wearing my Buffalo Area Little League tshirt today, which I got ironically enough, in Topshop in London! ;)

Timeline

Oooo...do I hear LAWSUIT???

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Oooo...do I hear LAWSUIT???

Nah, I just went thru that #######! Took 3 years of my life.

But I did have to fill out an accident report & I took pics. :yes:

What is up with all the threads being moved out of the UK sub-forum this afternoon? We had msu's thread on buying a house, the old thread on what to wear to the LONDON embassy and The Zilla's thread about trying to cope ALL moved to OT. I especially think the last of these should be put back in the UK sub-forum and not in OT.

Sorry, just my 2p.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
:lol: You guys put me all to shame - I am still trying to convince myself to eat better, drink less, exercise more... you get the idea... I am waiting to wake up one day and suddenly become motivated and it hasn't happened yet. It happened a few years ago and I lost a couple of stone but now... mnleh - I just can't be bothered and it is terrible!!

i used to be told by my teachers (about studying) that you shouldn't wait to feel your way to an action, but act your way in to a feeling. Meaning if you generally want to do something, you shouldn't wait to feel like doing it, you should do it and then you will feel studious (or like excercising). I use that sometimes to tell myself to do stuff, other times I ignore myself, and sit on the couch eating ice cream. :blush:

I went to Michaels, and it turned out to be in shopping heaven. In the same complex there was a Nordstrom outlet, a World market and a whole foods. And the Michaels itself was like nothing I've ever seen. It was unbelievable!!! I used to hate this craft show on TV when I was a kid called 'Make and Do' cos the presenter was always using fancy things that you couldn't get anywhere else but dublin. 'Get this in your local craft shop' she would say, hah, there was no local craft shop. If I had a Michaels then I could have put her craft supply store to shame :star:

The UK Wiki

Timeline
:lol: You guys put me all to shame - I am still trying to convince myself to eat better, drink less, exercise more... you get the idea... I am waiting to wake up one day and suddenly become motivated and it hasn't happened yet. It happened a few years ago and I lost a couple of stone but now... mnleh - I just can't be bothered and it is terrible!!

i used to be told by my teachers (about studying) that you shouldn't wait to feel your way to an action, but act your way in to a feeling. Meaning if you generally want to do something, you shouldn't wait to feel like doing it, you should do it and then you will feel studious (or like excercising). I use that sometimes to tell myself to do stuff, other times I ignore myself, and sit on the couch eating ice cream. :blush:

I went to Michaels, and it turned out to be in shopping heaven. In the same complex there was a Nordstrom outlet, a World market and a whole foods. And the Michaels itself was like nothing I've ever seen. It was unbelievable!!! I used to hate this craft show on TV when I was a kid called 'Make and Do' cos the presenter was always using fancy things that you couldn't get anywhere else but dublin. 'Get this in your local craft shop' she would say, hah, there was no local craft shop. If I had a Michaels then I could have put her craft supply store to shame :star:

Was this by Glendale Galleria by any chance?

OH I LOVE NORDSTROM RACK!!!!!!!!!! That is where I do most of my clothes shopping. I got a pair of Guess shoes for $39, a Michael Kors sweater for $60 and a pair of pants by Laundry for $80.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning all, and i hope your foot feels better soon dev.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Good morning UK. Myself & Ginger had a great time last night at a concert by the Canadian band Stars. Still on a high now from it. :D

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.