Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm fairly certain Brooke Shields was completely flootered What does "flootered" mean?

* Nicollette Sheridan needs to sue her plastic surgeon. I never understood why she was so attractive in the first place...these days her skin is pulled so tight over her skull she is starting to resemble the Crypt Keeper

Also - Phoebe Price. Who is she, where did she come from and how can we get rid of her? #######? No one seems to know the answer for this. Maybe I should just show up on a red carpet one day in a designer gown and see what happens :dance:

Edited by ginger1981
wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

look at the stupid cr@p that passes for entertainment news in ireland:

Ronan Keating 'blanked' by Thom Yorke

The Boyzone star said: "Thom Yorke from Radiohead was pretty rude."

Advertisement

"We were at the same hotel in Dublin and I went over to say hello as I'm a big Radiohead fan and he just blanked me."

Keating added: "I still love the music - he's just an idiot."

omg i don't know whether to laugh or cry!

The UK Wiki

Filed: Timeline
look at the stupid cr@p that passes for entertainment news in ireland:

Ronan Keating 'blanked' by Thom Yorke

The Boyzone star said: "Thom Yorke from Radiohead was pretty rude."

Advertisement

"We were at the same hotel in Dublin and I went over to say hello as I'm a big Radiohead fan and he just blanked me."

Keating added: "I still love the music - he's just an idiot."

omg i don't know whether to laugh or cry!

:lol:

:lol: Oh dear... Thom Yorke is a bit weird to be fair but ground-breaking news? Hardly :lol:

Am awake too - Jeremy's last day off before going back to work - boo!!! After the oven-breaking fiasco, our landlord apologised and we should be getting a new one today - not only that but he is reimbursing us $50 as well which I wasn't expecting and thought was really nice of him! I'm busy looking up bread recipes as Jeremy has declared that he wants to spend the $50 on oven-food :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:lol: Oh dear... Thom Yorke is a bit weird to be fair but ground-breaking news? Hardly :lol:

Am awake too - Jeremy's last day off before going back to work - boo!!! After the oven-breaking fiasco, our landlord apologised and we should be getting a new one today - not only that but he is reimbursing us $50 as well which I wasn't expecting and thought was really nice of him! I'm busy looking up bread recipes as Jeremy has declared that he wants to spend the $50 on oven-food :lol:

That was nice of him. All we got when our oven was broken was a 'might be able to replace it on so and so a day. We'll call you nearer the time.'

That's awfully nice of him, Jer - our oven broke Thanksgiving day after I bought over $100 worth of food. My landlady's repsonse? "Call the gas company and say you have a leak, they'll come out and fix it." Ummmmmm.......

90day.jpg

Timeline

K so I need advice from all you UKer's.

I do a job where I need to be in the union for most of the available work. To get in to the union you have to do 100 days of equivilent non-union work, which should have been done in the US. In the UK I worked for an american company doing an equivilent job. They have an office here, so I went to see them 3 weeks ago, they said they would write me a letter to say that I had done the necessary work.

But they still haven't written it. I've had 2 emails (following enquiries from me) from the guy that will be doing it saying that he's busy and will get to it. I know that they're busy and doing me a favour, but how much do you think I should bug them? I'm applying for non-union work anyway in case the letter doesn't work, but so far, I haven't even gotten an interview. I'm getting nowhere fast, and beginning to get a little despondant. Has anyone got any advice?

The UK Wiki

I do a job where I need to be in the union for most of the available work. To get in to the union you have to do 100 days of equivilent non-union work, which should have been done in the US. In the UK I worked for an american company doing an equivilent job. They have an office here, so I went to see them 3 weeks ago, they said they would write me a letter to say that I had done the necessary work.

But they still haven't written it. I've had 2 emails (following enquiries from me) from the guy that will be doing it saying that he's busy and will get to it. I know that they're busy and doing me a favour, but how much do you think I should bug them? I'm applying for non-union work anyway in case the letter doesn't work, but so far, I haven't even gotten an interview. I'm getting nowhere fast, and beginning to get a little despondant. Has anyone got any advice?

try someone else in the office. Or ask the Uk office to write it?

Timeline

the UK office hasn't got anyone in it that could help me. It's a very small company, so the only person that I could go to besides the LA guy would be his boss. I don't know if that's bad to do, going over his head. They have hired me directly in the past, and may in the future, I don't want to get this guys back up.

The UK Wiki

the UK office hasn't got anyone in it that could help me. It's a very small company, so the only person that I could go to besides the LA guy would be his boss. I don't know if that's bad to do, going over his head. They have hired me directly in the past, and may in the future, I don't want to get this guys back up.

Go to his boss, tell him you've been waiting over 3 weeks. Your work is depending on it, you have no choice.

Hey Poiteen - I have been meaning to email, but have been a little slammed. I have been calling on some people I know, but the union thing is a problem. I need to follow up with some stuff though.

Is this just the matter of having the letter? Can you offer to write the letter and just have the guy sign it?

90day.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.