Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
it was avocado, tomato, onion, lemon juice, tiny bit of rice vinegar, as much cilantro (yes, I said cilantro) as I have, and I put in some chili flakes and some smoked paprika too. it was good, I ate it too fast, it always tastes nicer when it's been left sitting for a while :D

No I put cilantro in mine too...I think a little bit truly makes it taste out of this world.

I use basically the same ingredients, but I like to add some tomatillos, poblano peppers, fresh garlic, and green/red peppers as well. I LOVE me guac!

you should try the smoked paprika, it's amazing. I was joking about the cilantro because we call it coriander ;)

Sounds like a nice simple recipie dev - but you don't like cilantro?? It makes it taste so nice and fresh!

I detest it. Hubby likes it though. Loads up on it if we go to Baja Fresh or something.

Smoked paprika in Spanish omelettes, along with Spanish chorizo - one of my fave meals ever. Hubby makes the BEST omelette. It takes like 30 minutes - crazy.

R - Have you been to that cute gourmet store on Abbot K & Washington? they have lots of int'l stuff. We got a Chimay cheese last time ($$ & not great but interesting), Maunka honey from NZ ($16) & a UK treacle tart (which I'd never had but he loves). Not great.

when I first moved to the UK I was distressed because I couldn't find cilantro - where could it be and will this thing called coriander do?

Wot's Bruce done, maven?

I think killing a spouse is mariticide

Did he buy another car??

R - Have you been to that cute gourmet store on Abbot K & Washington? they have lots of int'l stuff. We got a Chimay cheese last time ($$ & not great but interesting), Maunka honey from NZ ($16) & a UK treacle tart (which I'd never had but he loves). Not great.

ARe you kidding! It's practically part of the weekly shop. And they always have free samples! Once, H and I ate so many free samples, we couldn't leave without buying something as it would have been embarassing, so we spent $50 on cheese. Have you ever been to the french place across the street from it? They don't have as big of a selection (and it's only french) but they have nice things. The cafe there is good - the quiche lorraine is the business.

90day.jpg

Filed: Timeline

ARe you kidding! It's practically part of the weekly shop. And they always have free samples! Once, H and I ate so many free samples, we couldn't leave without buying something as it would have been embarassing, so we spent $50 on cheese. Have you ever been to the french place across the street from it? They don't have as big of a selection (and it's only french) but they have nice things. The cafe there is good - the quiche lorraine is the business.

Hmm, no. I gotta check it out. We found that shop on a bike ride over there.

Have you been to Surfas? They have some good stuff too.

Does anyone else go grocery shopping almost every night? We do & I think it's a holdover from London & the days of small fridges.

bump, cuz no one answered....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Maven - I totally didn't pick up on that, care to share?

Dev (sorry, illumine just doesn't sound like a person) - I used to in London, and I went most days when I got here first, but I was just buying too much stuff (cos i didn't have to carry it all home) so I had to stop. Now I'm down to every 2 or 3 days.

The UK Wiki

it was avocado, tomato, onion, lemon juice, tiny bit of rice vinegar, as much cilantro (yes, I said cilantro) as I have, and I put in some chili flakes and some smoked paprika too. it was good, I ate it too fast, it always tastes nicer when it's been left sitting for a while :D

No I put cilantro in mine too...I think a little bit truly makes it taste out of this world.

I use basically the same ingredients, but I like to add some tomatillos, poblano peppers, fresh garlic, and green/red peppers as well. I LOVE me guac!

you should try the smoked paprika, it's amazing. I was joking about the cilantro because we call it coriander ;)

Sounds like a nice simple recipie dev - but you don't like cilantro?? It makes it taste so nice and fresh!

Smoked paprika...I'll give it a try! Do curry places in the UK use coriander/cilantro in their cooking? My favorite Indian restaurant back in NE always put it in their mullagatawny and saffron rice.

Chimay cheese...I'm assuming the cheese has the Chimay beer as an ingredient?

I just bought a real nice cheese the other night...it's by Kerrygold called Dubliner which I guess is harder cheese like cheddar but it has a sweeter flavor like an aged camembret. I'm also in love with this cheese I found at Dominick's called Kirsch...it is a brie that has a slight cherry flavor to it. I think it's Alsatian but I'm not quite sure.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I also can't stand cilantro. The taste of it is horrific, makes me gag and the smell? Oh my. :dead:

EAD approved & AOS case transferred to California today. :D Off to Gaelic imports this weekend for Irn Bru & other bits & pieces I've not been able to enjoy since leaving the UK.

Have a great weekend y'all! :D

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I also can't stand cilantro. The taste of it is horrific, makes me gag and the smell? Oh my. :dead:

People seem to either love it or hate it. When I'd go to eat Indian food w/ my best friend back home she'd always give me her cilantro....she HATED it and I LOVED it.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
EAD approved & AOS case transferred to California today. :D Off to Gaelic imports this weekend for Irn Bru & other bits & pieces I've not been able to enjoy since leaving the UK.

Have a great weekend y'all! :D

Congrats on the EAD!! I miss Irn Bru too :(

Sorry to come over all cryptic-like yesterday. B and I are both feeling a bit unwell and snipping at each other over stupid, insignificant and imagined slights. I honestly can't even remember why I felt like locking him in the workshop yesterday now. It was so weird -- I felt hungover all day but I haven't had a drink in a week. B says he's felt hungover for about a week, and he hasn't had a drink in about a year! Does anyone know what might cause hangover symptoms when you haven't had a drink? :unsure:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Sorry to come over all cryptic-like yesterday. B and I are both feeling a bit unwell and snipping at each other over stupid, insignificant and imagined slights. I honestly can't even remember why I felt like locking him in the workshop yesterday now. It was so weird -- I felt hungover all day but I haven't had a drink in a week. B says he's felt hungover for about a week, and he hasn't had a drink in about a year! Does anyone know what might cause hangover symptoms when you haven't had a drink? :unsure:

dehydration or lack of a decent night's sleep can cause hangover symptoms I believe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.