Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

ohhh and mexican stuff too, you just cook up the chicken or beef or whatever, and once it's done stick the lid on and leave it there. Make a nice fresh salsa, and leave it in the fridge. Dinner anytime!!

The UK Wiki

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Ginger - if you have been training for half marathons I'm sure those jeans look a lot better than you think!

GG - lol about the midgets. This is why I wear boot cut! I always feel with low slung skinny jeans that I am falling out of them, like some hippity hop youth who needs a belt.

:lol:

Timeline
I was having lunch nearby recently when all the girls and Hef came in as part of shooting the new series of that! Hef looks like he's about 200 years old. I can report that he needed assistance getting himself to the men's room :innocent:

:blink:

Robin gets all the good celebrity sightings :lol:

The UK Wiki

Hmm - yeah - I think I need to spend some time looking up one-pot meals that are minimal effort. I can make it a new project for me when Jeremy goes back to work or something :D Mmmm :)

Maven - glad to hear it's not just me with the hair thing. Mine is all frizzy and horrible and part of it is because I haven't had it cut since before I got here and part of it is because it is hot and dry and I am prolly not using the right shampoo and things. I really want nice, shiny hair that is in good condition but mnleh.

I have a kitten who is trying to climb the palm we have in the living room... I can see the place in total disarray when we get back!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

lol @ Maven....I had the shaved under my hair thing too, also with a diposable razor! :lol: Good times.

Amazingly, no celebrity sightings here in Buffalo lately. Though a number of years ago I did have a few beers with Robby Takac from the GooGoo Dolls. But considering that he's from Buffalo, the story loses its cache.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I always make stuff that can be stuck in the fridge after. Pasta, with a nice sauce is perfect for reheating. The sauce often tastes better cos all the flavours mix together while it's sitting there.

I make this casserole every week or two. I substitute ground beef with ground turkey, the moz cheese with the low fat/2% moz cheese, and the crescent rolls with the low fat crescent rolls. Also, instead of buying a head of cabbage I buy cole slaw mix...quicker and easier that way...and to make sure I get plenty of veg in I put extra cabbage in.

I like to make this and then freeze it. On a night when Jeremy gives you the 20 minute warning put it in the oven as it only takes about 20 minutes to bake ...it would be a perfect hearty meal for you two. Nicky likes to make some Bisto gravy to smother it in but I prefer to eat mine as is.

Runza is kind of a Nebraska thing, but Nicky says it seems like something that would go over well for Brits too.

RUNZA CASSEROLE

2 lbs. hamburger

2 onions, chopped

4 c. shredded cabbage

Salt & pepper to taste

2 tubes refrigerated crescent rolls

1 lb. Mozzarella cheese, shredded

Use 9"x13" pan. Begin to brown hamburger and onion for a few minutes in a large pan and add cabbage to steam. Spread 1 tube of crescent rolls over bottom of pan. Spread meat on top and add cheese. Place second tube on top and pinch together again. Bake 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Cover last 10 minutes to soften crust. Perfect for Runza lovers and so much easier than making individual ones.

wtf-picard.jpg

Also - salads are a good option! You can really make a meal out of them if you add some grilled chicken or something. We've been doing this a lot lately due to needing to lower hubs cholestrol. I'm the one with the irregular schedule in our household - salads can be whipped up in minutes and can be very satisfying.

I also shaved underneath my hair in the 80s. I think I used electric though. I created "lines" underneath my lopsided do. Julez and Maven - did you ever have the lopsided do? I believe illumine had one!

Pointy - are reality and light entertainment union? I know writers aren't covered by WGA on reality (because obviously nothing needs to be "written" as it's all "real")

90day.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
ginger - that casserole sounds good, what are cresent rolls?

curries are the perfect reheating food too

PB_Crescents_482x193.jpg

Similar to croissants....but I would say a bit on the heavier side of the bread spectrum.

They come in a tube, and when you take them out they look like this (only the sections are all connected)

ham2.jpg

You basically use the sheet of dough on the top and the bottom instead of breaking it into individual squares or triangles. If it doesn't quite fit you can stretch it out a bit.

If you ever want to make it, pm/email me and I can take some photos of the process. I'm one of those people who is a visual learner, so if the whole crescent roll dough directions sound confusing don't be afraid to tell me it would be easier to send photos!

Oooo...Runza's in London! But these people are trying to make it traditional style...which I don't reccomend unless you have a lot of time on your hands!

Runzas in London

Edited by ginger1981
wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I also shaved underneath my hair in the 80s. I think I used electric though. I created "lines" underneath my lopsided do. Julez and Maven - did you ever have the lopsided do? I believe illumine had one!

Um, yeah I had that 'do. :blush: I believe we called it an asymmetric cut back then. I laugh to think how my head was always tilted to one side as a result, as if the longer bit of hair was so heavy! :lol:

I also felt compelled to dye my naturally very dark brown hair black, too! :blink:

Timeline

Salads are great, but I always find that the stuff goes off really quickly, I often end up throwing a lot of it out.

reality is not union for sure, I'm not sure about light entertainment.

The UK Wiki

Um, yeah I had that 'do. :blush: I believe we called it an asymmetric cut back then. I laugh to think how my head was always tilted to one side as a result, as if the longer bit of hair was so heavy! :lol:

I also felt compelled to dye my naturally very dark brown hair black, too! :blink:

Oh yes - the asmmetric do. Aside from a few experiments with Sun-in and lemon juice and henna I never dyed my hair. Which was probably a good thing as it was so - ahem - heavily permed at the time.

Edited by rkl57

90day.jpg

Ditto ditto ditto! I totally rocked the asymmetric cut from 1986-1988. And yes, my very dark brown hair just had to be blue-black once I hit 1989, when the asymmetric thing was gone and normal length hair returned. In my senior year, my hair was down to my waist, and was dyed red-brown, which in the wrong light looked orange. Niiiiice. It was also totally, utterly fried, shaved underneath as mentioned above, AND I had one streak that was peroxide blonde. 1990 never looked better.

And what was up with all that head tilting??? Good lord, Julez, I think you hit on the real reason.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Timeline

Does anyone else go grocery shopping almost every night? We do & I think it's a holdover from London & the days of small fridges.

Pointy - I hit the farmers market every SUnday - that stuff usually last til Friday! I think because it's fresher.

Edited by illumine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.