Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well we've come to blows a few times, normally when the little one is being a bit too boisterous near Daisy and she doesn't want him to get too close but earlier they were really close and just looking at each other - that was when the little one was being more quiet. As it hasn't even been 24 hours I am feeling hopeful that Daisy will eventually come out of her grump and get on with things. He does NOT like being locked in the bathroom now - I shut him in when two guys came over to look at our oven which is broken and he was howling the place down! He is currently playing on the sofa next to me while Daisy sleeps in the chair. Daisy also doesn't like it when I smell of the little one so I have to wash my hands before I pet her. As she is still p*ssed at me I don't manage to pet her that often but I try so she knows I still love her :(

The little guy also likes to lick my ears and I had a couple of wet willies earlier which was nice(!) He looks like he is about to go to sleep again now though on top of his cuddly mouse. I gave it to him because Daisy prefers smaller toys that are like real animals to chase, whereas this little guy is used to playing with his brothers and sisters. He *has* tried playing with Daisy's tail and her paw while she was sleeping but she hissed at him and he ran away so he might learn soon that she doesn't like to play when she is asleep!!!

I have tiny scratches all over me from where he has just been jumping up at me and climbing all over - nothing serious but it does look a bit like I am a severe self-harmer :o:lol:

We have a BBQ to go to later so the poor thing is going to be locked in the bathroom for the duration so Daisy doesn't tear him to pieces. And also so that he doesn't eat all her food like he did earlier! Of course, she just led on the chair watching him so I figured it was her fault - she could have stopped him if she wanted to! But he went mad for it! I can see this causing problems!!

Oh - as for names, so far the only thing that I think suits him is Rex but Jeremy will prolly hate it :lol:

Actually, I wouldn't wash your hands between kitties. This way they will get used to eat others' scents quicker. You'll have to kind of force Daisy to let you - just stroke her back even if she is pulling away. I swear they'll adjust better this way!

Pics are adorable, btw!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Oh - kitty pics - not too many yet but will get more! Lemme know if you can't see them :)

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=...mp;id=739675434

AAAAWWWWWWWWWWW...KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should come up with some names and do a poll. Though I admit I do like Rex...or T. Rex...or Marc Bolan

oh lord, i can't imagine what the dailies look like on soft core pr0n.

I suppose it's mainly cos I've had a few meetings and thought I was on to a good thing, but still haven't sorted this union #######, and I can't find any non-union work.

Oh well, I spent some time in the hot tub, and then made some cookies. (and ate a LOT of cookie dough). I feel a little better, but still worried.

What type of jobs are you looking at? Have you tried any staffing agencies?

wtf-picard.jpg

Oh - kitty pics - not too many yet but will get more! Lemme know if you can't see them :)

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=...mp;id=739675434

awwww :wub:

I know! That kitten is SO adorable.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Dave is a great name for a cat; I knew a dog in London named Dave and he was just about the coolest dog I ever met. He was a 15yo chocolate lab who was sooooo chilled out, and literally said "WOOF" when he barked.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Daves are always cool.

I picture a Dave cat as more of a bruiser tom cat though, not a cute ickle kitten. Still, my next male cat will be given serious consideration to be called Dave.

The neighbor who stole my dad's cat renamed him Thomas...but my dad's name was no better. My dad called him Big Guy.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
I think you should call the kitten Dave

Pointy - do you have my email? Maybe send me your cv and I can forward to some people I know?

I vote for Dave too, but I also vote for Hannity. I don't know why. :D

Rkl - I do, and I might, if you don't mind. I still don't have movement on the union, so currently looking for non-union work. It doesn't seem to be in as great supply as I was expecting. Every job I hear about turns out to be union, which means that I haven't actually applied for that many jobs. Yesterday I was emailing the guy that's doing the new version of Knight Rider. However he was already saying that I might not get hired cos I'd worked in features mostly, and then the thing turned out to be union anyway. That was the thing that kick started yesterday's depression. :(

The UK Wiki

Guys I'm getting depressed. Still no work. Still spending money. And it's worrying me now. :crying::(

Aww hun - it'll be ok - it's what credit cards are for :devil: I've been trusting Jeremy with the finances and then find out that bills aren't getting paid so I kinda understand - things will work out eventually, just give it time and use what you have available right now. And don't feel bad about spending if it makes you feel better - I am a massive retail therapy addict and it mainly consists of food shopping so end up buying cr@p to eat so I can comfort eat! Put it this way - if you are spending money to cheer yourself up then it can't be all bad - it might be the make or break of you staying :)

Edit to add: oh, this is what I saw. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tfr/838653088.html Hmmm...softcore? :P

Hmmm are they looking for actors as well...? :rofl:

Oh well, I spent some time in the hot tub, and then made some cookies. (and ate a LOT of cookie dough). I feel a little better, but still worried.

You have a hot tub!? I am sooo jealous!! I can't wait to move somewhere that at least has a bath!!!

Actually, I wouldn't wash your hands between kitties. This way they will get used to eat others' scents quicker. You'll have to kind of force Daisy to let you - just stroke her back even if she is pulling away. I swear they'll adjust better this way!

Pics are adorable, btw!

I hadn't thought of it like that - she seemed a little less inclined to miaow and pull away this morning although I did feel bad when the little one was in bed giving me a cuddle and Daisy jumped up to give me a cuddle in bed as she sometimes does but didn't want to come near the baby. She didn't go for him though or even miaow or growl which was something. She did have a little moan at him this morning when he was tearing around again though. And I caught the little ####### eating her food again when she went outside so I had to move it! He is so naughty!

Daves are always cool.

I picture a Dave cat as more of a bruiser tom cat though, not a cute ickle kitten. Still, my next male cat will be given serious consideration to be called Dave.

Yeah - I was thinking Fred :lol: Jeremy came up with Riley though which is really growing on me :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

or Rattigan :lol:

i've been trying to reign in the spending. It's really easy for me to justify things 'well we will need one at some point' but i really have to stop. Lately I've been deciding the max i can spend before I go out, and put something back if i get too much. It's really easy to do way too much grocery shopping since I drive to the shop. When I used to have to carry the groceries home myself, I never bought too much in one go, I never realised how much that was holding me back :P Also I really hate owing money to credit cards, and although I've been using one, I'm trying to make the savings last as long as possible.

The UK Wiki

I think you should call the kitten Dave

Pointy - do you have my email? Maybe send me your cv and I can forward to some people I know?

I vote for Dave too, but I also vote for Hannity. I don't know why. :D

Rkl - I do, and I might, if you don't mind. I still don't have movement on the union, so currently looking for non-union work. It doesn't seem to be in as great supply as I was expecting. Every job I hear about turns out to be union, which means that I haven't actually applied for that many jobs. Yesterday I was emailing the guy that's doing the new version of Knight Rider. However he was already saying that I might not get hired cos I'd worked in features mostly, and then the thing turned out to be union anyway. That was the thing that kick started yesterday's depression. :(

Do you have that catch 22 where you can't get in the union until you've done some work?Although you've already done features work though, haven't you?

I'm not sure what skills you have but could you do marketing/commercial work? You don't have to be union for that.

90day.jpg

Yeah - we haven't really touched our savings aside from AOS and our trip to Riverside. We'll use them for the car as well but we don't really want to spend too much of them because we want a deposit for a house...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.