Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

:bonk::help:

We have a separate knife for marmite - just like we have separate fork for cat food - so that I won't get poisoned by it

Just like marmite I have tried but Do Not Want

My Mate, Marmite! :D

Mmmmmm, nothing like some brown bread toast with a thin layer of Marmite.

Edited by rkl57

90day.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Ok - we got a three month old rescue kitty on the way home and now my other cat hates me - they kinda met - the little guy puffed himself up as big as he could get which isn't very big at all and growled a bit in a squeaky way. My cat just watched him for a bit and miaowed in a weird way. The little guy was fine when he was playing but as soon as he looked up and saw Daisy he puffed up again. I was stroking Daisy and she was ok but then she miaowed and swiped at me. She's gone outside now and the little guy is tearing through the house playing with anything he can lay his little paws on.

Dunno if anyone has and ideas on how to make the transition smoother? :unsure:

That's pretty normal behaviour - the only thing you can give it is time. They'll be like this for a few days until they get the hierarchy sorted out. :star:

P.S. If you don't feed them soft food, you could give them both a spoonful each when in the same room as a treat. Might help bring them together a little.

Ok - back to the kitty thing - Daisy seems to have forgiven me and we are trying to follow the instructions laid out by the kitty people saying we should just restrict the little guy to one room for a few days so he can see it as his safe area. He has the bathroom as it is the only room that Daisy doesn't really go in but he is not happy about it and spent the night crying whenever we left him. It also makes going to the bathroom pretty hard as he tries to make a break for it!!

Ok - this morning he managed to make a break for it and ran right into the living room, right into the kitchen, up to Daisy (who was eating) as only a fearless little kitty can. She obviously wasn't too impressed with this and warned him off pretty quickly. He doesn't seem so scared of her now as I think he just wants to play but when she warns him, he backs off. Thing is, he got onto the back of the sofa which is Daisy's place and she went for him then they had a stand off. Now Daisy is outside again and the poor little guy is breaking his heart in the bathroom.

Oh - and he peed all over the bathroom mat so I mopped it up with some tissue and put it in his litter tray and disinfected the floor.

It's been 12 hours - Mags, how on earth do you cope???

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
That's pretty normal behaviour - the only thing you can give it is time. They'll be like this for a few days until they get the hierarchy sorted out. :star:

P.S. If you don't feed them soft food, you could give them both a spoonful each when in the same room as a treat. Might help bring them together a little.

:thumbs:

they'll calm down soon enough.

how old is the cat you had already?

She is five and is currently lying on the bed while the little one cries in the bathroom - he was quiet a moment ago and I spent a while playing with him while Daisy was outside but I don't want her to feel abandoned by me paying the little guy too much attention while she is feeling threatened in her territory. I put a couple of larger toys in with him that Daisy doesn't play with because he started playing with my hand like he was playing with his brothers and sisters (ie chewing it) and he got engrossed with that for a bit - I just feel mean locking him away but I guess it will help him realise that it is his safe place :)

I am just such a soft touch and hate to hear either of them unhappy. Daisy's tail has stopped flicking now though which is good though not expected to last. And the little guy has realised that he doesn't like the shower after miaowing because I was in there, then trying to run inside to the far corner :lol: He got a bit wet!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline

sounds like fun and games at your house, i'm jealous! wish i still had a cat.

luckily daisy isn't too old so i think she will eventually be accepting of new kitty once shes learnt that he bows down to her and isn't a threat.

i'm a soft touch too, it must be sad listening to the little guy in the bathroom, he prolly can hear you in the house and misses you :crying: hehe

Yeah - well that is what we thought - and Daisy can be quite playful although she is very much her own cat (as most cats are :devil: ) so we thought a kitten would be less of a threat to her as she can whip it into shape. I couldn't believe it when he escaped the bathroom and ran right up to her at her food bowl this morning - I thought she would kill him there and then!!! Going to the toilet is a total fiasco - being a girl and having to sit down for everything means that while I am sat with my knickers around my knees, the little ####### jumps into them then tries to sit on my lap, climb onto my shoulder and play with my hair... Speed-wiping is going to have to be a skill I learn quickly as I have to throw him on the floor, grab the TP, throw him on the floor again, finish up, throw him on the floor again then get up, wash hands etc.

Sorry for the too-much-info but it amuses me anyway!!

Of course, then I wash my hands so he jumps up to the sink. Cleaning my teeth this morning I had him on my shoulders/back as I was bent over the sink. Then comes the trying-to-bribe-him-with-toys so I can sneak out while he isn't looking, which is harder than it sounds. He managed to just get out but Daisy just watched him as she is on the bed now. I managed to get him back in and he cried at the door for a bit but he stopped already so he is prolly having a nice big poo behind the toilet or some other awkward place for me to clean up :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I used to have a cat named Cricket. Several yeas ago I shared a duplex with a couple guy friends and one of them brought home a kitten from his family farm one day...a kitten he named Pedro lol. Cricket was already fixed and was actually a very social cat who liked to snuggle and have the company of other kitties, so I wasn't too concerned about her having a companion.

She would crack me up I tell you...she would chase Pedro down, pin him to the ground, and just when I would think she was going to kill him she would start grooming him LOL. I think she had some motherly instincts and just wanted to take care of him...however wee Pedro HATED getting bathed by Cricket. *sigh* I miss my Cricket...she now lives in Springfield, MO and has a companion kitty named Jiminy lol.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

When I introduced a new cat into our household this year, I just let them have at it. They will hiss for a while, but eventually Daisy will get over her feelings of betrayal. I was amazed at how quickly my cat adjusted. Just my personal opinion, but as long as you are at home with them I'd not bother locking the little guy up, but let them figure out how to deal with each other and maybe segregate them for the first week at times when no one is home.

Hmm I am tempted as the little guy is crying at the door again and Daisy is still sleeping on the bed. I am sure he will get swatted a few times but here goes... I'll just make sure they don't kill each other... :unsure:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Hahaha - well the little guy keeps trotting after me wherever I go and when I came back into the bedroom he lost me so he miaowed and I called him but he jumped up on the bed right where Daisy was sleeping!!! She swatted him and he backed into the bathroom - now he has just made his way into the bedroom again but Daisy is growling at him - she doesn't seem too impressed!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.