Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The financial crisis doesn't really affect me, except possibly give me new ideas for policy papers. It really is amazing to see a powerhouse like Lehmans folding. I never would have called that or the problems with Merrills; the stuff at AIG has been bubbling for a while, so that's less of a shocker.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Is it really sad to be impressed by that - where did you get the radio? I really want one now - I'll put it on my Christmas list :D

Well it makes me feel like less of a loser that someone else was a little gleeful over this :) I got it on Amazon. They have a bunch of different versions and styles but I let my sister do the research and then I just bought what she told me. She didn't want one too overpriced or too crappy so she told me to buy the Eton FR400 so I did and as I stated before I love it. Hope you have a merry christmas ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

MMmm, the Eton FR400 looks really nice. Now I'm considering it. Although I did see one which didn't have the cell phone charger or NOAA stations, but did have a solar panel, which might be a better fit for here.

Ginger, you've inspired me! I put on my workout gear, sat around in it for about 5 hours, and finally, I just did 40 mins of excercise. Sure it's no marathon, but if I can just do that 3 times a week... :lol:

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Just be glad you don't work at Lehman brothers - like my friend in London. Sent her an email to her work address saying "is it the end" in the subject line. She wrote back saying - yep, send any more correspondence to my gmail. apparently there was a full media scrum waiting for them when they left the building with their boxes of belongings.

Julez & maven - does all this banking upheaval mean anything to your jobs?

Thankfully, since I am in anti-money laundering compliance, I should be fine. So far, my employer is still strong, only posting a minor loss so far this year. The real worry would be if we were taken over. In that case I'm sure I'd be out of a job.

And yeah, dev, its very stressful worrying about how things happening now will affect our lives in retirement. But if you have money to invest, now is the time to go for things like pharmaceuticals. Buy low as they always seem to bounce back!

Is it really sad to be impressed by that - where did you get the radio? I really want one now - I'll put it on my Christmas list :D

Well it makes me feel like less of a loser that someone else was a little gleeful over this :) I got it on Amazon. They have a bunch of different versions and styles but I let my sister do the research and then I just bought what she told me. She didn't want one too overpriced or too crappy so she told me to buy the Eton FR400 so I did and as I stated before I love it. Hope you have a merry christmas ;)

Haha - defo - as soon as we get back from Riverside I will hunt it down on Amazon and add it to my wishlist :D

Have biometrics today and found out that the USCIS buidling is right next to a huge mall :innocent: I think we are going to make a day of it and borrow some money from our savings account :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
MMmm, the Eton FR400 looks really nice. Now I'm considering it. Although I did see one which didn't have the cell phone charger or NOAA stations, but did have a solar panel, which might be a better fit for here.

Ginger, you've inspired me! I put on my workout gear, sat around in it for about 5 hours, and finally, I just did 40 mins of excercise. Sure it's no marathon, but if I can just do that 3 times a week... :lol:

Awww well I dunno about being that inspiring but thanks :thumbs: Sometimes it is just a matter of getting yourself out a door. A lot of the local pubs up here have running clubs where you do a 3/4 mile run and then you have a few pints afterwards...now that I'm done hard core training I think I'm going to go for the boozy approach to working out :P

Haha - defo - as soon as we get back from Riverside I will hunt it down on Amazon and add it to my wishlist :D

Have biometrics today and found out that the USCIS buidling is right next to a huge mall :innocent: I think we are going to make a day of it and borrow some money from our savings account :)

Is it the Galleria at Tyler? It's one of the malls the company I work for owns...and ironically I'm going to start doing some work on that region (was just reviewing the plans earlier this morning...not a posh mall but it does have a HUGE H&M and a Metropark).

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline
Ginger - congrats on the half marathon! And it looks like you were doing 9 minute miles, which is a great pace. I've been wanting to get back into distance running (used to run cc and mile and 2 mile in track) but just find myself unable to set a goal for myself, like a race to train for - you ever thought about doing a full marathon?

I'm not going to think of a marathon for a long while at this point LOL. After I finished yesterday, I thought to myself...jeez, I would have only been halfway done if I was running a marathon! Yikes! I will probably do one in the future, but the amount of time training is what truly puts me off...if you are running 60-80 miles a week, you are spending a lot of time on the road. Anyways, hopefully I'll be faster in a few years too.

I was a trackster...my school didn't have X country. My dad was my track coach so he usually put me in whatever had the fewest people so I could get points for the team LOL. I always did discus and the 800, and occasionally he would stick me in the 4X4 and the 4X8 and shot put. I ran the occasional mile if need be and I ran the two mile once...and hated every minute of it.

My sophomore year I was running 6 minute miles, but I ended up getting mono over the summer and I could never quite run as fast again. What amazes me is Paula Radcliffe...her world record is 2:15...so she's running 5:19 miles. She would be done and I would only be halfway done lol.

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline

Hey Ginger, how was the Irish fest?

I can't believe you ran in all that rain! I'm impressed enough that you run marathons, but in torrential downpiurs? Well, that really is something!

Timeline

I can't believe you ran in all that rain! I'm impressed enough that you run marathons, but in torrential downpiurs? Well, that really is something!

Celtic Fest was cx...it rained straight from Friday afternoon to Sunday night. Parts of the city and metro area flooded...I think Saturday we got over 6 inches and probably another several on Sunday (which was the leftovers of Hurricane Ike). I was really dissapointed as I wanted to see several bands and Nicky was dissapointed that he missed out on Haggis and Irn Bru!

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

that's a shame Ginger.

I'm off to find a beauty salon. I like living here but I hate having to find all new stuff. I found good yoghurts in Trader Joes, that was awesome, cos yoplait is very different here. I don't even want to think about finding doctors dentists and hairdressers. I hate going to the beauty salon anyway, but we have a pool here, and I've only used it once because of my lack of, ahem grooming. So off i go. This task is much easier when you're not driving. Walking past is always the best way to find nice neighbourhood things, driving past, you just can't get a good look :(

The UK Wiki

Well I can recommend a good hairdresser and dentist but they are in Marina Del Rey, which may be a trek!

I have an excellent OB-GYN in Beverly Hills

Yoplait here has HFCS in it, which is why it probably tastes different (too sweet I assume)

90day.jpg

Timeline
that's a shame Ginger.

I'm off to find a beauty salon. I like living here but I hate having to find all new stuff. I found good yoghurts in Trader Joes, that was awesome, cos yoplait is very different here. I don't even want to think about finding doctors dentists and hairdressers. I hate going to the beauty salon anyway, but we have a pool here, and I've only used it once because of my lack of, ahem grooming. So off i go. This task is much easier when you're not driving. Walking past is always the best way to find nice neighbourhood things, driving past, you just can't get a good look :(

Eh, what can you do when a once a century rain happens?

My advice on hairdressers: find the flamiest gay hairdresser you can find. In my experience the flamier the better.

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline

Celtic Fest was cx...it rained straight from Friday afternoon to Sunday night. Parts of the city and metro area flooded...I think Saturday we got over 6 inches and probably another several on Sunday (which was the leftovers of Hurricane Ike). I was really dissapointed as I wanted to see several bands and Nicky was dissapointed that he missed out on Haggis and Irn Bru!

Well, that is a bummer indeed. Especially about the haggis!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.