Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Pointy - apparently you are meant to have a gallon of water per person per day for a week, torches with lots of spare batteries, a battery operated radio, tinned food and an opener - or at least non-perishable food that doesn't need cooking, warm clothes, first aid kit...

Here

http://www.72hours.org/build_kit.html

We just don't have the space for all the water!!! But we really should get something in place here...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother was given a torch like that one Christmas - kept us entertained for hours - it was sooo funny!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

I do not have an earthquake kit, though we usually have gallons of water in the fridge (hubs insists that LA water falls below the apparent gold standard of London tap water, which is apparently as pure a mountain stream). I would have to live on dried kidney beans if there was one today, because that's the only food currently in my cupboard.

Ginger - congrats on the half marathon! And it looks like you were doing 9 minute miles, which is a great pace. I've been wanting to get back into distance running (used to run cc and mile and 2 mile in track) but just find myself unable to set a goal for myself, like a race to train for - you ever thought about doing a full marathon?

90day.jpg

I do not have an earthquake kit, though we usually have gallons of water in the fridge (hubs insists that LA water falls below the apparent gold standard of London tap water, which is apparently as pure a mountain stream). I would have to live on dried kidney beans if there was one today, because that's the only food currently in my cupboard.

At least you could soak the beans in the water :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

You know what's better than a battery operated radio and torch, a battery one with a hand crank that you can top up the charge with :D

I have one of those and I love it. We don't get many earthquakes (read any) in my part of the woods but we do get tornadoes. I've used mine during power outages and during tornado warnings. I put it on 'alert mode' when I sleep so if there is a severe weather warning it automatically turns on and wakes me up. It also has a built in flashlight but it really isn't that impressive. So I bought a crank flashlight to take care of that problem... I may have had an impulsive week of internet shopping but it was totally worth it.

You know what's better than a battery operated radio and torch, a battery one with a hand crank that you can top up the charge with :D

I have one of those and I love it. We don't get many earthquakes (read any) in my part of the woods but we do get tornadoes. I've used mine during power outages and during tornado warnings. I put it on 'alert mode' when I sleep so if there is a severe weather warning it automatically turns on and wakes me up. It also has a built in flashlight but it really isn't that impressive. So I bought a crank flashlight to take care of that problem... I may have had an impulsive week of internet shopping but it was totally worth it.

Is it really sad to be impressed by that - where did you get the radio? I really want one now - I'll put it on my Christmas list :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

???

We just got our oven checked as well as it was broken. Same Mexican guys!!! Don't get me wrong - they are really lovely guys although they don't speak much English - but sometimes a professional is needed... I mean - the oven was thoroughly checked by Jeremy this morning and needs some welding work or something and all the guy could tell us was that it was broken :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Financially (we Americans/those who live in America) are screwed. :help:

Well, at the moment the whole Lehman Bros & Merrill Lynch business is effecting the global economy, not just the US. While times are scary right now, I am hopeful that by have fewer, but stronger financial institutions we'll end up much better off in the long run.

Sad day for British music. Richard Wright died of cancer. Complete shock, did not know he was ill. :(

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Just be glad you don't work at Lehman brothers - like my friend in London. Sent her an email to her work address saying "is it the end" in the subject line. She wrote back saying - yep, send any more correspondence to my gmail. apparently there was a full media scrum waiting for them when they left the building with their boxes of belongings.

Julez & maven - does all this banking upheaval mean anything to your jobs?

90day.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.