Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Dev -- how weird is that? And how odd she was trying to posh up for you. Bath!

Ugh, horrible night of sleep last night. Couldn't get to sleep until around 3, then I had to be up at 7.00 to prepare for an 8.00 phone call. Blech. Hatehatehate morning teleconferences. But now I am back in the Muu-Muu of Power and waking up enough to start writing again. I have to say that I mostly spaced out on the call, and was reading the New York Times instead. I only perked up when I managed to suss out enough to realise someone might ask me something soon.

Poiteen and I went out for a cruise yesterday late afternoon in the 'Stang with the top down -- very fun. We went up to Griffith Park Observatory and drove around for like 15 minutes trying to find a place to park up, but to no avail -- totally full. We managed to get some amazing views anyway while we wended our way around the car park, and back down the hill (mountain?). I was a little creeped by the lack of a guardrail on the way down -- it looked like a sheer drop off the side of the hill, and the roads were very twisty. :help:

But cruising on the 5 with the top down, windows rolled up so I could hear a mix tape I made in 1990 (the 'Stang is so original, it still has its factory tape deck! :lol: ) while the sun set was bliss. I know it sounds silly, but when I was a little girl I wanted to drive a black convertible through the streets of Los Angeles, playing my favourite tunes. It's always a blessing when even your silliest dreams come true. :D

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Dev -- how weird is that? And how odd she was trying to posh up for you. Bath!

Ugh, horrible night of sleep last night. Couldn't get to sleep until around 3, then I had to be up at 7.00 to prepare for an 8.00 phone call. Blech. Hatehatehate morning teleconferences. But now I am back in the Muu-Muu of Power and waking up enough to start writing again. I have to say that I mostly spaced out on the call, and was reading the New York Times instead. I only perked up when I managed to suss out enough to realise someone might ask me something soon.

Poiteen and I went out for a cruise yesterday late afternoon in the 'Stang with the top down -- very fun. We went up to Griffith Park Observatory and drove around for like 15 minutes trying to find a place to park up, but to no avail -- totally full. We managed to get some amazing views anyway while we wended our way around the car park, and back down the hill (mountain?). I was a little creeped by the lack of a guardrail on the way down -- it looked like a sheer drop off the side of the hill, and the roads were very twisty. :help:

But cruising on the 5 with the top down, windows rolled up so I could hear a mix tape I made in 1990 (the 'Stang is so original, it still has its factory tape deck! :lol: ) while the sun set was bliss. I know it sounds silly, but when I was a little girl I wanted to drive a black convertible through the streets of Los Angeles, playing my favourite tunes. It's always a blessing when even your silliest dreams come true. :D

It was a gorgeous day yesterday, if not a bit hot. Good for you Maven! I want a ride soon. PS: drinks w/ snacks?

What was on that tape, I want to know!

Edited by illumine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Maven...I suppose that mixed tape didn't have any Poison, Bon Jovi, or Janet Jackson on that mixed tape? I remember the days of sitting with my boombox listening to the radio and trying to hit "record" at the right moment to tape a song.

I'm going to have Unskinny Bop stuck in my head all day now :o

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Fender benders lead to huge blow outs. My freshman year of college I rear ended a car ahead of me...and since I was still on my parents insurance they were NOT HAPPY. Somehow it became some huge blow out where my parents said if I wasn't sleeping w/ my boyfriend at the time this wouldn't have happened?!?!?! Anyways, it ended up where we didn't speak to each other for nearly a year.

It has been a veritable cemetary this weekend in here. Next weekend I'm going to be MIA...Brit meetup Friday, Celtic Fest Saturday, and half marathon Sunday.

That means you get to see Great Big Sea for free!!! OMG, I am soooooooooooooo jealous!!!!

It was my "Senior Cliche Mix -- 'I'm Different, I Swear!'"

WARNING: This was 1990, so I am a little embarrassed now about some of these selections, particularly tracks 8 on side A and B!

Side A

1. Half a Person -- The Smiths

2. Should I Stay or Should I Go? -- The Clash

3. Groove is in the Heat -- Deee-Lite

4. Blister in the Sun -- Violent Femmes

5. I Say Nothing -- Voice of the Beehive

6. Boys Don't Cry -- The Cure

7. I Wanna Be Adored -- Stone Roses

8. Loveshack -- B-52s

9. Here Comes Your Man -- Pixies

10. Pale Blue Eyes -- Velvet Underground

11. Dammit, Janet -- Brad & Janet (from the Rocky Horror Picture Show)

12. Tainted Love -- Soft Cell

Side B

1. Lips Like Sugar -- Echo & the Bunnymen

2. Ana Ng -- They Might Be Giants

3. Anarchy in the UK -- Sex Pistols

4. Bizarre Love Triangle -- New Order

5. Kool Thing -- Sonic Youth

6. Raspberry Beret -- Prince & the Revolution

7. Dear God/Dying -- XTC

8. Outtake from "Crybaby" -- Johnny Depp and Ricki Lake, with Ricki Lake saying "Our Bazooms are our weapons."

9. Shoehorn With Teeth -- They Might Be Giants

10. Outtake from "The Breakfast Club" -- Judd Nelson and Anthony Michael Hall in the scene about Brian's lunch: "Well Brian, this is a very nutricious lunch. All the food groups are represented. Did your mom marry Mr. Rogers? "

11. I Melt with You -- Modern English

I made copies for all my friends for Christmas 1990. There are apparently 2 others still in existence, which is pretty good for 18 years!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Timeline
It was my "Senior Cliche Mix -- 'I'm Different, I Swear!'"

WARNING: This was 1990, so I am a little embarrassed now about some of these selections, particularly tracks 8 on side A and B!

Side A

1. Half a Person -- The Smiths

2. Should I Stay or Should I Go? -- The Clash

3. Groove is in the Heat -- Deee-Lite

4. Blister in the Sun -- Violent Femmes

5. I Say Nothing -- Voice of the Beehive

6. Boys Don't Cry -- The Cure

7. I Wanna Be Adored -- Stone Roses

8. Loveshack -- B-52s

9. Here Comes Your Man -- Pixies

10. Pale Blue Eyes -- Velvet Underground

11. Dammit, Janet -- Brad & Janet (from the Rocky Horror Picture Show)

12. Tainted Love -- Soft Cell

Side B

1. Lips Like Sugar -- Echo & the Bunnymen

2. Ana Ng -- They Might Be Giants

3. Anarchy in the UK -- Sex Pistols

4. Bizarre Love Triangle -- New Order

5. Kool Thing -- Sonic Youth

6. Raspberry Beret -- Prince & the Revolution

7. Dear God/Dying -- XTC

8. Outtake from "Crybaby" -- Johnny Depp and Ricki Lake, with Ricki Lake saying "Our Bazooms are our weapons."

9. Shoehorn With Teeth -- They Might Be Giants

10. Outtake from "The Breakfast Club" -- Judd Nelson and Anthony Michael Hall in the scene about Brian's lunch: "Well Brian, this is a very nutricious lunch. All the food groups are represented. Did your mom marry Mr. Rogers? "

11. I Melt with You -- Modern English

I made copies for all my friends for Christmas 1990. There are apparently 2 others still in existence, which is pretty good for 18 years!

(L)

Timeline

Great mix, maven! I'd love to jam to that while cruising with the top down. Although, it would hardly ever be applicable to ride with the top down in Buffalo.

What's really shocking is that you still have cassette tapes! You are so retro! :lol:

Timeline

That is one impressive play list! I loooovvvvee Bizarre Love Triangle. I will listen to it several times in a row when running on the dreadmill.

They have a good line up this year! I hope to catch the "men in kilts" leg contest. I'm dissapointed Nicky doesn't want to enter!

I think we're going to try to catch the Highlands Games type demonstration where burly men through logs and the Sheepherding demonstration. Best part of all is the fest is free :D

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline

Ginger, if you have the time and inclination, I'd highly recommend catching Great Big Sea. They are so much fun live and the music is great! In fact, I've been listening to their newest CD all day today. :star:

Have fun Saturday!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
It has been a veritable cemetary this weekend in here. Next weekend I'm going to be MIA...Brit meetup Friday, Celtic Fest Saturday, and half marathon Sunday.

Partying 2 days in a row, and then half marathon? Ginger, are you secretly superwoman?

Thanks Maven :star::luv::star: I had a lot of fun. I think i would have been scared of the highway, but next time, for sure :star:

It was a gorgeous day yesterday, if not a bit hot. Good for you Maven! I want a ride soon. PS: drinks w/ snacks?

Well I know someone has a friday deadline for her paper.....

The UK Wiki

Timeline

I'm partying with Diet Cokes and Gatorade this weekend LOL. Maybe I'll find room for A BEER as well, it is carbs y'know :-p

I'll try to catch Great Big Sea...or as much of it as possible but I gotta be up by 5 am Sunday. I'll check out their website...to be honest I'm not terribly familiar with them.

wtf-picard.jpg

Things are much better today. I am busy on my paper, wearing what Bruce calls my muu-muu (man, should have worn it to the luau!). It's a horrible, much too big sundress from New Look which is very comfy and seems to bring writing powers I did not know I have. I am rocking the muu-muu!

:lol: Is this combined with the magic tiara of joy?!

Pointy - as for picking up the car, it'll be whenever Maven gives us the go-ahead :) We'll get a hire car down or something then drop it there and pick up the car and drive that back or something - I am still being a driving wuss but once we have the new car then there will be no excuses for me - apart from the fact we can't afford lessons :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
I'm partying with Diet Cokes and Gatorade this weekend LOL. Maybe I'll find room for A BEER as well, it is carbs y'know :-p

I'll try to catch Great Big Sea...or as much of it as possible but I gotta be up by 5 am Sunday. I'll check out their website...to be honest I'm not terribly familiar with them.

Since its a Celtic fest, you can expect Celtic rock sounds and some really fun seafaring songs. They're from Newfoundland & I (L) them. :blush:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.