Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I spent yesterday evening swearing and shouting at the TV. After tomorrow, I'm not watching any more election coverage. It makes me too angry.

I spent yesterday evening swearing and shouting at the TV. After tomorrow, I'm not watching any more election coverage. It makes me too angry.

Why put off til tomorrow what can be done today? :innocent:

I watched last night. I was unimpressed, but that's just me. I'll continue to watch as I am a glutton for punishment.

I'm so over this election. I just haven't felt like either side has done a great job here. Either way, the neocons still seem far more frightening to me. I wasn't even that scared until there were chants of "drill baby drill" or whatever that was they were chanting. Seriously, is that really going to solve our fuel issue? It's still going to run out eventually morons!

Agreed. And I find it really shocking that they believe that some of us who supported Hillary would go for Sarah Palin! Their politics are diametrically opposed! The only thing they have in common is that they're both women.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I watched last night. I was unimpressed, but that's just me. I'll continue to watch as I am a glutton for punishment.

I'm so over this election. I just haven't felt like either side has done a great job here. Either way, the neocons still seem far more frightening to me. I wasn't even that scared until there were chants of "drill baby drill" or whatever that was they were chanting. Seriously, is that really going to solve our fuel issue? It's still going to run out eventually morons!

Agreed. And I find it really shocking that they believe that some of us who supported Hillary would go for Sarah Palin! Their politics are diametrically opposed! The only thing they have in common is that they're both women.

My favorite is the charge that O doesn't have executive experience. Well, if you want to get technical McCain doesn't either.

That is only the tip of the iceberg why I highly dislike this woman.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Clean Coal. WHAT???? What is this business about clean coal??? There is a reason that we have been looking for alternatives to coal for a very very long time. What kind of BS is this about Clean coal????? It's not efficient, it's not clean, it's the reason china's so polluted, it's not as plentiful as it was, it was fine for the industrial revelution but...... ahhhhhhhhhhh how are they getting away with such crazy outright lies?????

Oh my lord, you might be right Julez, I might have to not watch tonight. I'm sorry for bring stupid polictics in to our lovely off topic thread.

The UK Wiki

Filed: Timeline

I actually *WAS*impressed. :blush:

Still undecided though...

Timeline
Clean Coal. WHAT???? What is this business about clean coal??? There is a reason that we have been looking for alternatives to coal for a very very long time. What kind of BS is this about Clean coal????? It's not efficient, it's not clean, it's the reason china's so polluted, it's not as plentiful as it was, it was fine for the industrial revelution but...... ahhhhhhhhhhh how are they getting away with such crazy outright lies?????

Oh my lord, you might be right Julez, I might have to not watch tonight. I'm sorry for bring stupid polictics in to our lovely off topic thread.

Better to do it here, among friends, Pointy. We only get the occasional right wing OT barracuda in here.

Regarding your first point, there are people who will actually believe in such utter bollocks. :blink:

Timeline

Wow, dev, to say that I am shocked is an enormous understatement!

I thought she spent too much time attacking Obama and too little time explaining how she would be a useful VP. And she can talk family all she wants, but what she brings to the table is not what MY family needs, nor most middle class families, for that matter. No thank you, Sarah Palin!

Wow, dev, to say that I am shocked is an enormous understatement!

I thought she spent too much time attacking Obama and too little time explaining how she would be a useful VP. And she can talk family all she wants, but what she brings to the table is not what MY family needs, nor most middle class families, for that matter. No thank you, Sarah Palin!

:dance:

Kidding aside - what she said WAS funny about Obama & his rented columns & his ego. Very true!

If I do vote for the Reps, it's because of him, not her. And if I vote for the Dems, it's NOT because of O. Very torn.

Edited by illumine

Timeline

I was very torn, too, but since the DNC and RNC, and all the eye-opening speeches, my decision has been made much easier. And since both McCain and Palin stand for everything I don't believe in, I couldn't ever bring myself to vote for them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

It's a shame. It seems to me that McCain has given in to the part of the Reps that he most despises, and is letting them run his campaign. I have heard so many outright lies coming from the RNC, that I don't trust them on absolutely anything.

The UK Wiki

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm sure I might get plenty of barbs for this, but I find it difficult to vote for someone who thinks ID/creationism should be taught in public schools. Or abstinance only education (sure worked with her daughter!). Or that it is god's mandate we go to war or build a pipeline.

I don't mind McCain so much, but let's be honest...he's on the upper end of the average life span for a male. He seems to be fairly healthy, but with people that age it can change very quickly. Look who is second in command then?

At least with Obama he is surrounded by people with experience.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm sure I might get plenty of barbs for this, but I find it difficult to vote for someone who thinks ID/creationism should be taught in public schools. Or abstinance only education (sure worked with her daughter!). Or that it is god's mandate we go to war or build a pipeline.

I don't mind McCain so much, but let's be honest...he's on the upper end of the average life span for a male. He seems to be fairly healthy, but with people that age it can change very quickly. Look who is second in command then?

I agree with you.

Timeline
I was very torn, too, but since the DNC and RNC, and all the eye-opening speeches, my decision has been made much easier. And since both McCain and Palin stand for everything I don't believe in, I couldn't ever bring myself to vote for them.

Experience must count for something?

When I look at McCains politics, regardless of experience, its just not what I want for me and my family. To vote for someone merely because they've been a politician for a long time seems a bit short-sighted to me. If we never give the new guy a chance, will we be left wondering over the next 4 years what might have been? For me, the last 8 years have been some of the darkest for the US. Do we really want to chance four more of the same?

I'm just really surprised that someone who has been such an ardent supporter of HRC could conceive of voting in the GOP for 4 more years. I mean, I love Hillary and still feel disappointed that she couldn't seal the nomination, but not so disappointed that I can abandone my beliefs.

Please note, I'm not attacking you dev, really just trying tounderstand your POV since I always thought we were polically compatible! :)

So you'd rather a #1 person be more inexperienced? :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.