Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline
Stu -- here's a picture of the Jag for you:

Oh nice :) Going to need a pipe, pair of slippers and 30 year old single malt, with that parked on the drive!

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I always rush around the office to share my good news with my friends, so don't sweat it! Getting a job is a big deal and worthy of celebration!

I am not going to sweat it. Of all the things I have seen people do around here I figure me running around sharing my news isn't so bad. I have seen some people doing some weird stuff here. :whistle:

HUGE congradulations are in order! When does he start?

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline
Haha - wait til you see how glam our econoline is with its peeling paint and whatnot :wacko::lol:

Party next weekend!! WOOOOHOOO!!! Gillian can't make it after all but she is hoping to be here for Halloween... I still have to nag Jeremy into inviting his friends or it will be a pretty small party... it is looking likely that Tucson Chick from the July K-1 crowd will be here with her hubby - but other than that it is Pointy and Maven and me and Jeremy :o Oh dear...

J is having a hard time at work right now though so I don't want to nag too much - he is looking for another job as he is sick of how things are going at his place :angry:

Parties yay! This weekend past went to a local Brit meet-up...met Catrock from this board and her husband. Hope they didn't get lost in Gary Indiana again...

Afternoon Charles :)

I was in a Bathroom with Kirsten Dunst yesterday :lol:

Just thought I'd throw that out there :lol:

That is exciting.

I saw Paul Bettany at Heathrow airport and just stood there like a moron with my mouth open :blush:

Here is the most infamous picture of me and someone famous (this was in 2002):

BonoMe.jpg

wtf-picard.jpg

That's pretty good! I need to see the Simon LeBon one - I was on the same flight as him once - he cut in front of the line when he was checking in.

I've met loads of famous people because of work but I only have one photo of me with one (Matthew Fox) in a pub in London. I'll have to scan it in.

90day.jpg

Timeline
How did you meet Bono?

Of all places, in Lincoln, Nebraska! He was doing a lecture tour for DATA and spent World AIDS Day in Lincoln and had a lecture/concert which included Lance Armstrong, Bobby Shriver (RFK's/JFK's nephew) Dario Franchetti and Ashley Judd. Lincoln isn't that big of a city...so basically there was only 1 really top notch hotel that he would likely stay at. Some of my friends and I ended up meeting Bobby Shriver and he told us where to hang out and meet Bono and he said he would give a heads up to Bono that he had a few fans waiting around. So we did...and well Bono came out and it was just me and my friends there. He was very friendly, chatted with us for a bit until a mad rush of people realized Bono was hanging out by the hotel and ran over. I got a pic just before he took off.

Oh, and Lance Armstrong is an #######. Just sayin'...

I gotta dig up my Simon LeBon one but here's a funny one:

lionel.jpg

With Simon LeBon...you must be a model ;)

How the heck did you meet Lionel Richie?

Edited by ginger1981
wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I know he's not that big of a star, but at my last job, Nick Moran was hanging around the building a lot. He has just directed a movie, and he was getting the editing finished off. My co-worker, the usually very cool Directors Assistant (who has plenty of bringing-stars-out-on-the-town stories of his own) says to him 'You know, you look just like Nick Moran'. He just smirked and kept on walking. It cracked me up when I heard!

The UK Wiki

Filed: Timeline
How did you meet Bono?

Of all places, in Lincoln, Nebraska! He was doing a lecture tour for DATA and spent World AIDS Day in Lincoln and had a lecture/concert which included Lance Armstrong, Bobby Shriver (RFK's/JFK's nephew) Dario Franchetti and Ashley Judd. Lincoln isn't that big of a city...so basically there was only 1 really top notch hotel that he would likely stay at. Some of my friends and I ended up meeting Bobby Shriver and he told us where to hang out and meet Bono and he said he would give a heads up to Bono that he had a few fans waiting around. So we did...and well Bono came out and it was just me and my friends there. He was very friendly, chatted with us for a bit until a mad rush of people realized Bono was hanging out by the hotel and ran over. I got a pic just before he took off.

Oh, and Lance Armstrong is an #######. Just sayin'...

I gotta dig up my Simon LeBon one but here's a funny one:

lionel.jpg

With Simon LeBon...you must be a model ;)

How the heck did you meet Lionel Richie?

I worked at a music mag for a few years, met lots of peeps. ;)

Bono seems cool. Isn't he super short?

Timeline

Yes he is indeed very short. I believe I was wearing sneakers, and he had huge chunky shoes on. I would put him a tall 5'5"...and that is likely being generous.

He is quite the nice guy, though I feel sorry for him as people are always harrassing him. When I'm in Dublin I like to go out to Killiny where he lives...a lot of famous people reside there and the beach is quite nice. One time I was up there a tour bus dropped a load of Italian school children in front of his house where they all started yelling and running around crazy like young teenage kids do. *shudders* It's one thing if you respectful and don't loiter but it is another to drop schoolkids off there to draw grafitti and just being general nuisances.

wtf-picard.jpg

LOL about Lance Armstrong being an a$$. I will have to tell my husband - he HATES Lance Armstrong.

I think there's quite a few famous peeps in my neighborhood, as I keep seeing them jogging past, walking their dogs, etc. The most notable are Elijah Wood (if he is not gay I will eat my hat) and Johnny Rotten, who I have seen buying Jacob's Cream Crackers from the "English section" of the corner shop. Apparently he owns half of Venice.

90day.jpg

Timeline
LOL about Lance Armstrong being an a$$. I will have to tell my husband - he HATES Lance Armstrong.

I think there's quite a few famous peeps in my neighborhood, as I keep seeing them jogging past, walking their dogs, etc. The most notable are Elijah Wood (if he is not gay I will eat my hat) and Johnny Rotten, who I have seen buying Jacob's Cream Crackers from the "English section" of the corner shop. Apparently he owns half of Venice.

Elijiah Wood hasn't come out yet? One of my friends has a cousin that works for United Air...a fabulously openly gay man who is an absolute joy to hang around with. He was a flight attendant with United for 15 years and he met many well known people. He named Olivia de Haviland as one of his favorites...he said she wore a Chanel suit complete with a pillbox hat and pearls for her flight!

But of course he dished about who was really gay. Not terribly suprising really, but he said John Travolta and Tom Cruise definitly registered as "gay" on his gaydar.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Yes he is indeed very short. I believe I was wearing sneakers, and he had huge chunky shoes on. I would put him a tall 5'5"...and that is likely being generous.

He is quite the nice guy, though I feel sorry for him as people are always harrassing him. When I'm in Dublin I like to go out to Killiny where he lives...a lot of famous people reside there and the beach is quite nice. One time I was up there a tour bus dropped a load of Italian school children in front of his house where they all started yelling and running around crazy like young teenage kids do. *shudders* It's one thing if you respectful and don't loiter but it is another to drop schoolkids off there to draw grafitti and just being general nuisances.

i thought he lived in Howth?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.