Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

I found they both made me want to tear my hair out equally

I've spent the weekend compiling evidence for Removing Conditions. I'm wondering how much evidence is too much. Since we have seperate bank accounts (meant to set up a joint account, got lazy) and his name is not on any bills I'm panicking that it will look weird.

90day.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I've spent the weekend compiling evidence for Removing Conditions. I'm wondering how much evidence is too much. Since we have seperate bank accounts (meant to set up a joint account, got lazy) and his name is not on any bills I'm panicking that it will look weird.

Considering you lived together (in sin) in England, I doubt it! :lol:

Let me know how it goes, so you can tell me. :) Hey, are you using lawyers?

---

I'm back in sunny Socal (altho NYC was pretty nice some days). When are we all meeting for drinks?

Edited by illumine

When I can join you! :P

Only kidding, I want a report when you get back.

I'm sad right now because me and the boy have been fighting all day about his work. It was my last day off before I go back to work too... oh well... it will all blow over.

Chat has moved to VJ chat as server is down for my website - boo!!

How was chat? :)

Chat was fun! You should join us next time :D

Aly, Griff and I found that the AOS stuff was much easier to compile and complete that the I-129F and K1 paperwork. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine!! It is seriously not that bad!

I totally agree. AOS was eezypeezy compared to the K-1.

Well the only thing that is bugging me really is the I-693 and whether I need it. It says to include it, but a bunch of people have been approved by just handing in the form from the medical. I am also still confused about the HPV vaccine. Judging by this I don't need it because I had my medical pre-June 1...

I'm thinking I am going to take my chances - if I get an RFE it's no biggie, but if I can avoid getting the HPV etc then I can save over $200!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Random, but why did Amy Winehouse need a visa to travel to the US for MTV awards this year? I remember her being denied due to drug reasons... but she's not staying there, so why was it needed??

I think because she was going to perform and therefore earn money. Doesn't the use of the VWP stipulate that you're not to earn any money while you're over there?

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Ah, apparently you can use the VWP for business purposes, but only:

For the purpose of the Visa Waiver Program, "business" generally refers to business activities other than the performance of skilled or unskilled labor. Examples of activities that are allowed include:

* engaging in international commercial transactions, which do not involve gainful employment in the United States (such as a merchant who takes orders in the U.S. for goods manufactured abroad, or who travels to the U.S. to purchase American-made goods for export from the U.S.);

* negotiating contracts;

* consulting with business associates; and

* participating in scientific, educational, professional or business conventions, conferences, or seminars.

There are, however, specific visas available for performance artists. Presumably this is what Amy Winehouse would have had to apply for.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Considering you lived together (in sin) in England, I doubt it! :lol:

Let me know how it goes, so you can tell me. :) Hey, are you using lawyers?

---

I'm back in sunny Socal (altho NYC was pretty nice some days). When are we all meeting for drinks?

After my weird AOS experience I take nothing for granted - using the lawyer, yep, as it is FREE (work paying all fees!)

I am available this week for beverages, so I am.

Well the only thing that is bugging me really is the I-693 and whether I need it. It says to include it, but a bunch of people have been approved by just handing in the form from the medical. I am also still confused about the HPV vaccine. Judging by this I don't need it because I had my medical pre-June 1...

I'm thinking I am going to take my chances - if I get an RFE it's no biggie, but if I can avoid getting the HPV etc then I can save over $200!

We did not do the I-693 and were fine. I figured it was worth the risk for the RFE.

Well I'm glad she never got it.

Same rules apply to celebrities. :)

I think it goes the other way too...as in why Snoop Dogg couldn't enter the UK.

Yeah - performers to the UK need visas. Even bands doing the pub circuit who are probably not even earning any money and sleeping on the floor of their promoters flat!

90day.jpg

Robin -- I think you didn't get my email I sent you on Friday; a lot of my stuff is bouncing at the moment. :angry: Anyway, it was along the lines of "we all need to go have a drink!" Poiteen and I are ready and waiting, so SOMEBODY pick a date!

Bruce and I spent yesterday afternoon and evening helping Poiteen and her husband pick out a new (well, new but used) car. We learned something: never hunt for a used car in Koreatown! It was waaaaaaaay Dodge City. Bruce said, "Never buy anything from a guy with a running truck" and hot damn if there weren't two vendors who fit that description. Once we got out to the Valley, we saw three more that were much more realistic propositions. We hope we helped them find a nice dependable car that they'll be happy with.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Well I'm glad she never got it.

Same rules apply to celebrities. :)

I think it goes the other way too...as in why Snoop Dogg couldn't enter the UK.

It's hard to get into any country packing a 45, three grenades, a butterfly knife, a suitcase full of cash, and a backpack of weed. :devil:

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.