5,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Mornin' Charles.

Yesterday I won a $100 gift certificate to a spa at work. I can't decide to go for a facial or one of the various types of massages.

I'll pretend you said good morning to me, too, Ginger. :P

As for the spa..... make a day of it and do both! Ah heck.... throw in a pedi too. Congratulations!

I'll bear Florida in mind but I have a feeling it will be a bit too hot and humid for my liking. :D

Yes, it does get too hot and humid for some. I thrive in it. :) One thing you should note, though, is that the Florida heat doesn't get as bad as it does in some of the interior States. I find that whenever I go to NC (my husband's family lives there) that it's way too hot for me. My husband does too. I think it's because we're between the ocean and the gulf.... lots more breezes.

On a side note.... I met a lady down the street when I stopped to admire her garden. Turns out she has the same name as us.... and she's also from England! Funny.

I guess it's good afternoon now Krikit! Please forgive my awful rudeness yer majesty! ;)

With as pricy as this place is I think after a massage I'd have just enough left for my little toenail to get pedicured. After checking out the prices it better be a darn good back rub or facial.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I thought it might be useful info for someone (I'll try and shoehorn it into a sig later).

I applied for my SSN on the 1st of Aug, having landed in the US late afternoon, on the 24th July. The bloke at the SSN office said I wasn't on the system yet, but he'd file it through as soon as I was. It just arrived this afternoon, 12th Aug.

Not a bad turn around, hopefully that's of use to someone!

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Filed: Timeline
I guess it's good your job is letting you work from NYC - less vacation going to waste

I know! I might be back Friday if we end on Thursday. FINGERS CROSSED it's good. :help:

I'm on the 13th floor at corporate HQ of you-know-where I didn't think anyone had this floor in buildings? Yikes.

100 calorie Chips Ahoy taste like paper.

Back and legal!! And sooo much to catch up on... here goes!!!

And Aly, I am going to bring my own electric fan. The maven does not do sleeping in outrageous temps. I also scouted out booze yesterday... Red or white?

And Pointy again... ROAD TRIP!!! It's only about 2 1/2 hours from Burbank to Palm Springs on the fast route, but we could take the scenic route if you like. The car is still blowing cold air, thank goodness.

Oh goody - we should be able to dig out a spare outlet for you :lol: Our place isn't the coolest in the world even with both air con units running and as for music... I might have to move some music to Jeremy's laptop and plug some speakers into that as my puter generates far too much heat...

As for boozes, I am more of a red or rose drinker but whatever is good :D

ok...TOTALLY off topic....

anyone know how to train a grumpy rescue cat into not seeing people including me and Nick as dinner!!!!

Anyways. I'm stuck all the way out here in NE. Any more UK'ers wanting to try get a get together out here. As much as I'd love to come see you Aly way over there....it's just too far. I will make it out there one day though.

Debz - I find that a lot of man-handling my cat worked wonders - picking her up a lot but letting her have her independence when she needs it means that sometimes I get a swat but other times I get lots of cuddles like this morning - she wasn't even grumpy with me for leaving her at the vet for four nights while we went away!!!

We also have every intention of making it to NE at some point - once we get some money together (worked out our budget this morning at last - it's not pretty as our outgoings are more than what Jeremy makes... :unsure: ) and devise an appropriate plan of action, we'll be there - you can be sure of it!

Arsing, arsing, flat-pack furniture! :angry: I never want to see another allen key or the inside of IKEA again. However, I do now have a chest of drawers so soon I won't be swimming through all the clothes on the floor or in boxes, and the replacement bed arrives tomorrow morning.

Oh I know what you mean - I like building furniture at first but it wears thin real quick :angry: I remember the same elation from getting enough hangers for all my clothes - getting the last pile off the living room floor and into the closet was such an achievement! Now I have to work on Jeremy's - I prefer to hang clothes rather than fold them into drawers :)

Stu and I got married yesterday!

Now we're going through everything so we can send off AOS paperwork next week. Yay more USCIS paperwork :wacko: At least we're together now :thumbs:

Congratulations! We did too although it wasn't our "real" wedding - just the legal BS. We went out shopping after then went out in the evening with our wedding planners and watched the lightning storms behind the red mountains of Sedona - it was beautiful :D

I know dev is going to say, "I told you so" or "ha ha!" but it is so effin' HOT here in the Valley. I am going a little bananas and becoming a shut in. I dread to see what the electric bill is going to be after having the air con pumped for months. And I have to listen to Bruce complaining every day about the heat, how he's never going to get used to it, blah blah blah, ad infinitum.

Oh hun - I completely sympathise!!! Ok so I don't have Jeremy going on about it and I LOVE Palm Springs... but yeah - it is so hot that it is all I can do to even leave the bedroom where the air con is on - we can't afford to run both units all the time so we are saving it for the housewarming!!!

Morning everyone. Feeling a bit blue these past couple of days -- combination of homesickness, the very recent passing of my beloved grandmother and the intense activity of the past 3 months finally catching up to me. All I want to do is sleep and lie on the couch reading trashy novels, but I have a new research paper to write. It's due in 3 weeks and I've not written a single word. :help:

I'm also plagued by nightmares every night -- they seem to come in two varieties: anxiety about missing something (a plane, an exam) or that I'm living in/visiting a haunted house. Last night was a blast from the past; I dreamt about a monster in a movie I was terrified of when I was a child. (If you are squeamish about African fetish dolls do not click on the link!) Dream interpreters, I need you!!!

Have been in the same mood - been really homesick and it kind of creeps up on me - I don't know why I feel bad (aside from the obvious) but I'll start picking fights with Jeremy or feeling really low and I don't know how to make it go away :( Have also been feeling anxious and having crazy dreams about tornadoes and my cat dying :(

I just applied for a job in Charlotte!! :o

Wish me luck! :)

Good luck Gillian!! I really hope you get it - that would be a great start to your new life!! :D:dance:

PS: Lawsuits SUCK. :angry:

:o

Hope you're back here soon.

Sunday. I filed over 2.5 years ago...

:o Almost as bad as USCIS... :whistle:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Oh - and anyone seen Pointy? I have a letter for her husband here :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Mornin' Charles.

Yesterday I won a $100 gift certificate to a spa at work. I can't decide to go for a facial or one of the various types of massages.

Prepare for a dirty joke/remark from Charles.

disappointed yet?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Maven - seriously, if you can afford it and especially if you can share with someone so it costs even less, then I would recommend it!! Not that you aren't welcome here at all, but I can't say I would be all too enamoured with the living room floor in this heat!! Of course, if I were the perfect host I would offer you my bed but... :unsure::lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Oh - if anyone is interested in earthquake info about the Statewide Cali drill:

http://www.shakeout.org/

:)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Ok my eyes hurt from reading LOL. so much going on. Here things are trying to remain calm. Kris is still waiting on his EAD (going nuts is an understatement) no RFE's yet for the AOS. My son comes home from his dad's next friday and i can't wait. He's been miserable all summer.

Oh and I get to join some author friends to do a book signing in Sept!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Mornin' Charles.

disappointed yet?

only in that you keep posting in this thread.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Mornin' Charles.

disappointed yet?

you have an issue with that?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Mornin' Charles.

disappointed yet?

:lol:

Now, now children :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.