Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Gillian..... download the DING! program from Southwest Airlines and keep an eye out for the daily specials. Or... let me know what airport you would be flying out of and I can let you know when something pops up.

If it's before Sep 30th I'll be flying out of Boston, if it's after I'll be flying out of Charlotte. :)

I'm looking at apartment complexes right now and I kind of like this one http://www.rent.com/rentals/north-carolina...mp;searchrank=4

I think that complex looks really nice, Gillian! Make sure you get a 2 BR so I have somwhere to crash when I visit! :P

Don't listen to Robin! She's in the Hollywood fastlane and simply cannot appreciate all the simple pleasures that Buffalo has to offer!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning everyone. Feeling a bit blue these past couple of days -- combination of homesickness, the very recent passing of my beloved grandmother and the intense activity of the past 3 months finally catching up to me. All I want to do is sleep and lie on the couch reading trashy novels, but I have a new research paper to write. It's due in 3 weeks and I've not written a single word. :help:

I'm also plagued by nightmares every night -- they seem to come in two varieties: anxiety about missing something (a plane, an exam) or that I'm living in/visiting a haunted house. Last night was a blast from the past; I dreamt about a monster in a movie I was terrified of when I was a child. (If you are squeamish about African fetish dolls do not click on the link!) Dream interpreters, I need you!!!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

**hugs maven** Sorry you're having a rough time right now. Hopefully the random nonsense that goes on in this thread will help to cheer you up. :)

As for your freaky dream, no clue what that means. :unsure:

*backs slowly away from the maven* :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I just applied for a job in Charlotte!! :o

I'm trying to be quietly confident but I can't help thinking that the fact I have a Massachusetts address might put them off somewhat. :(

It was an online application and there was nowhere that I could tell them that I'm definitely moving there next month and I'm not wasting their time. I was hoping to be able to upload my resume and a cover letter but I couldn't. Oh well, I shall just have to wait and see what happens.

Wish me luck! :)

Timeline
Don't listen to Robin! She's in the Hollywood fastlane and simply cannot appreciate all the simple pleasures that Buffalo has to offer!

Ahhh, I jest - I am so jealous of your house :crying: but I am not jealous of the winters!

Oh, I know! I must say, my new house is fab! I love it even more than I thought I loved it! I can't wait til we have it all fixed up (years from now!)

But, yeah, the winters do really, really suck! With that said, I prefer snow over so many other weather issues - like hurricanes, tornadoes and floods. With snow, you either dig out, or just hunker down with a few bottles of wine. I can think of worse ways to pass the time!

Morning everyone. Feeling a bit blue these past couple of days -- combination of homesickness, the very recent passing of my beloved grandmother and the intense activity of the past 3 months finally catching up to me. All I want to do is sleep and lie on the couch reading trashy novels, but I have a new research paper to write. It's due in 3 weeks and I've not written a single word. :help:

I'm also plagued by nightmares every night -- they seem to come in two varieties: anxiety about missing something (a plane, an exam) or that I'm living in/visiting a haunted house. Last night was a blast from the past; I dreamt about a monster in a movie I was terrified of when I was a child. (If you are squeamish about African fetish dolls do not click on the link!) Dream interpreters, I need you!!!

I am sorry about your grandmother, maven (F)(F)

The missing the airplane dream is a common for me - I have similar variants where I miss important business meetings because of a delayed flight, or I arrive at my destination without my passport. I don't know exactly what it means - airplanes in dreams apparently mean change - maybe missing the plane means fear of missed opportunities.

I think exams in dreams (another I used to have regularly) represents fear of not meeting others expectations or fear of failure.

Just my cod-intrepretation though!

90day.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Since I've been shamed into it, welcome back Krikit! :luv:

I know dev is going to say, "I told you so" or "ha ha!" but it is so effin' HOT here in the Valley. I am going a little bananas and becoming a shut in. I dread to see what the electric bill is going to be after having the air con pumped for months. And I have to listen to Bruce complaining every day about the heat, how he's never going to get used to it, blah blah blah, ad infinitum.

:innocent:

I'm working on getting the veranda fully furnished for this event!!! :D

:lol:

Filed: Timeline
Isn't Buffalo Detroit without all the glamor?

R-

I'm working in the NYC office today & the girl who sits here is from Detriot. I thought of you, she has a sticker that says: Pure Detroit.

BUFFALO RULES!

Never forget your roots.

Beef on Weck, Crystal Beach & Anchor Bar forever. (L)

----

Sorry to hear about your grandma - Maven. (F)

Edited by illumine

Timeline

R-

I'm working in the NYC office today & the girl who sits here is from Detriot. I thought of you, she has a sticker that says: Pure Detroit.

BUFFALO RULES!

Never forget your roots.

Beef on Weck, Crystal Beach & Anchor Bar forever. (L)

Dev, you brought a tear to my eye!

If Dev says its great here, then it must be! For all you doubters, the proof of the pudding is in the eating! Book your flights today!!

R-

BUFFALO RULES!

Well, it has given the world buffalo wings, which is hard to argue with.

Although we gave the world Motown, Magnum PI and Devil's Night :whistle:

90day.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.