~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon everyone!

Stu and I got married yesterday! :D

Now we're going through everything so we can send off AOS paperwork next week. Yay more USCIS paperwork :wacko: At least we're together now :thumbs:

Weedebz, it depends on where you are in NE, but we're not too far from Nebraska, being in Iowa. I have no idea about the cat, though, sorry :blush:

Congratulations!! :dance:

So I'm feeling lonely tonight.

Last night I went out with some friends and today I just cleaned up... now I'm alone in the house and find myself missing my Billy. Just tried watching movies but everything seems so quiet!

So just thought I would blab in the off-topic thread. :)

Um... some good news! I was contacted by my psychology professor (Bath Spa University) who asked if I wanted to take part in some research with him and a scientist from the Unviersity of London - I'm so excited and flattered that he asked me! It's about brain differences in homosexuals, and I'm going to make it my dissertation.

:dance:

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone. I'm back from my hols. :) (Did you know I was gone? :unsure: )

Had a lovely time... brought back tons of chocolate and food. :lol: British Airways lost my luggage in Barcelona and we were stuck trying to find the basics in London. Apparently men's underpants are pretty special at $50 in London. :angry:

Trying to catch up on everything in VJ now.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning everyone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Thanks for the congrats guys ^_^

One of the first things we did as a married couple, was go out for ice cream and then went and bought a new bed. I haven't slept so well in a while. :whistle:

Gemmie, that dissertation sounds very interesting. You'll have to let us know how it goes! =)

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Since I've been shamed into it, welcome back Krikit! :luv:

I know dev is going to say, "I told you so" or "ha ha!" but it is so effin' HOT here in the Valley. I am going a little bananas and becoming a shut in. I dread to see what the electric bill is going to be after having the air con pumped for months. And I have to listen to Bruce complaining every day about the heat, how he's never going to get used to it, blah blah blah, ad infinitum.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
ok...TOTALLY off topic....

anyone know how to train a grumpy rescue cat into not seeing people including me and Nick as dinner!!!!

Anyways. I'm stuck all the way out here in NE. Any more UK'ers wanting to try get a get together out here. As much as I'd love to come see you Aly way over there....it's just too far. I will make it out there one day though.

We're looking at going back to NE during Thanksgiving time. I don't know what your schedule will be like but if you'd be up for it we could try to meet up for drinks. I wanted to take Nicky to the Stuhr Museum anyways.

Good afternoon everyone!

Stu and I got married yesterday! :D

Now we're going through everything so we can send off AOS paperwork next week. Yay more USCIS paperwork :wacko: At least we're together now :thumbs:

Weedebz, it depends on where you are in NE, but we're not too far from Nebraska, being in Iowa. I have no idea about the cat, though, sorry :blush:

Hmmm...a Nebraska/Iowa meetup??? B)

wtf-picard.jpg

Since I've been shamed into it, welcome back Krikit! :luv:

I know dev is going to say, "I told you so" or "ha ha!" but it is so effin' HOT here in the Valley. I am going a little bananas and becoming a shut in. I dread to see what the electric bill is going to be after having the air con pumped for months. And I have to listen to Bruce complaining every day about the heat, how he's never going to get used to it, blah blah blah, ad infinitum.

I can feel for you on the heat.. each day is 103 or higher here.. no rain in god knows how long. Poor Kris is going to melt!!!

Beyond that.. happy monday i guess. Still anxious for Kris' EAD to get here so he can stop going stir crazy at home. Good note.. my son comes back next friday from his father's finally. Poor kid is going to have to go into therapy after the summer he's had :blink:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Had a lovely time... brought back tons of chocolate and food. :lol: British Airways lost my luggage in Barcelona and we were stuck trying to find the basics in London. Apparently men's underpants are pretty special at $50 in London. :angry:

Welcome back, Krikit! I was only thinking of you this weekend! Hope you had a super duper time on your hols! I know I sure did! Sorry I didn't welcome you back sooner, but I've been busy moving into my new house and trying to stay caught up with work!

Don't forget our wine date this fall! I'm working on getting the veranda fully furnished for this event!!! :D

Filed: Timeline
Welcome back, Krikit! I was only thinking of you this weekend! Hope you had a super duper time on your hols! I know I sure did! Sorry I didn't welcome you back sooner, but I've been busy moving into my new house and trying to stay caught up with work!

Don't forget our wine date this fall! I'm working on getting the veranda fully furnished for this event!!! :D

I haven't forgotten at all! We'll drunken text message everybody. :lol: I had an amazing time on my hols. What did you do while you were there? No wait! We'll tell each other over wine. :P

iagree.gif

So I'm feeling lonely tonight.

Last night I went out with some friends and today I just cleaned up... now I'm alone in the house and find myself missing my Billy. Just tried watching movies but everything seems so quiet!

So just thought I would blab in the off-topic thread. :)

Um... some good news! I was contacted by my psychology professor (Bath Spa University) who asked if I wanted to take part in some research with him and a scientist from the Unviersity of London - I'm so excited and flattered that he asked me! It's about brain differences in homosexuals, and I'm going to make it my dissertation.

:dance:

Aw! I know the lonely feeling - recently moved into my friend's house while she's away. Been spending several evenings alone suddenly after having hung out with my friends nearly every day for a few months. My solution was to watch lots of comedies and groom the cat.

That dissertation sounds really interesting, I hope you have fun!

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the lost luggage - know from experience that it's absolutely no fun at all. Mmm, chocolate...

Thanks for the congrats guys ^_^

One of the first things we did as a married couple, was go out for ice cream and then went and bought a new bed. I haven't slept so well in a while. :whistle:

Ooh, hurrah for the new bed!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.