Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

*downloading .pdf*

It all looks very impressive and I am almost positive that I won't understand anything about it but I will read it!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As everyone else seems to be having a difficult time of things lately I thought that I may as well add my own tale of woe.

It appears that my marriage is over already. :(

Scott has had a lot of problems adjusting to living with someone from the minute I got here and it has now got so bad that he can no longer do it. This is the third time he has decided to leave me since May – we managed to ‘talk things through’ on the other two occasions. I won’t go into too much detail but in my opinion he seems to be suffering from some kind of depression that he refuses to seek help for and I had no idea about it until I moved here.

I have now accepted his decision with grace and have chosen to move on with my life.

After much thought and deliberation about whether or not to move back to the UK I have decided to give the US a bit more of a chance first. I have my Green Card now and as long as I can prove to USCIS that I entered the marriage in good faith I should be able to remove the conditions on it after the divorce.

I do however hate living in Massachusetts so have decided to move. Based on internet research and Scott’s personal experience I have made the decision to move to Charlotte, NC.

Anyway, that’s about it really. I’m planning to spend a week in Charlotte from 24th August to find myself somewhere to live and I’ll move down permanently 3-4 weeks after that. I’ll be moving there totally alone and won’t know a soul, which is a little daunting. I’m currently reading “Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway” by Susan Jeffers, which is helping. :help:

I won’t be leaving Visa Journey though, I shall be here forever I imagine. :D

p.s. Anyone reading this from Charlotte. :whistle:

Oh Gillian I am so so sorry to hear things aren't working out right now :( Depression is a nasty thing - I suffered from it in my late teens and it is so debilitating. I'm naturally a depressive person (which sucks but I can hide it real well online :whistle: ) but with the help of my family I got through the worst of it. The past few days here have been real tough for me and I have had all manner of evil tantrums, telling Jeremy that I just can't cope with it all anymore but I know that deep down I can make it. I really hope that Scott gets better and finds some help as it is horrible to live with, even if you can't be together.

But it sounds like you are making all the right moves - you have so many options open to you and moving, while totally stressful and scary, will give you a clean break and a new, independent life - besides, SC is kinda closer to me so when we drive our west-east coast thing (ok we can all have dreams :D ) we'll nip up through Georgia and into SC for a visit... try and get close to the southern border though :whistle::lol:

No.. LOL can't let the voices go!!! Seriously.. between the AOS.. working to get the kids ready for school this month, trying to get this blasted Manuscript done for my editor before she kills me i've been swamped.. then to top it off.. my car got totaled about 2 weeks ago... fun fun fun LOL

Oh no Robyn - what happened? Seems like everyone has a plateful of cr@p to deal with right now :(

Oh - LA-ers - anyone fancy a trip to PS for our housewarming Luau? I've set the date for the 30th August as Jeremy is being really lame about it!! I just wonder if we can get a patio set by then... Any more news on the LA meet up as well? If you guys have a date in mind then I'll see if I can persuade Jeremy :whistle:

Hey Jeraly... about 2 weeks ago we finally had rain here. unfortunately some guy decided to stop fast (since the lady in front of him did so) i tried to stop... my car had other thoughts LOL But i got a decent check from Ins and I'm going to be getting an 09 Nissan Versa :thumbs:

Kris is adjusting.. slowly (He hates the heat) but we are just anxious for his EAD to get here.

Oh and they finally released my newest novella a few weeks back LOL

Oooh - Maven - if you send me your e-mail addy I can e-mail you an invite :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey Guys - I passed my test, I got a Florida DL!!!! Yay!

Aly, you just got to do it, it's actually really easy, and if I can do it from scratch, you will have no problem driving here. And I did it in Miami where everyone seems to regard Traffic Laws as a loose guideline, to be discarded when it's inconvienient. I'm totally up for your house warming. I even saw the hawaiian packs in Big Lots, and thought of you! I hope stuff starts turning around for you asap.

Maven, touchdown in t -40 hours :dance: :dance: I don't mind when or where the meet up is, just tell me and I'll be there :dance:

Robyn, you have just reinstated my fear of driving in the rain. The rain here in Miami is scary, and I have refused to drive in it. I feel justified now :lol: Although I would like a shiny new car for my MIL. Hers is 12 years old :lol:

Gillian - I don't know what to say except you have my best wishes. I really hope that you look back on all this one day, and see that it lead you to a happy life. Perhaps not the one you were expecting, but a happy one all the same.

The UK Wiki

Congrats, Poiteen! :dance: If the Florida one was as easy as the Connecticut one, I'm sure it wasn't very taxing. I'm studying now for the California exam -- won't have to do the on-the-road but you do have to do the theory again. Bleccch.

Okay then girls, I know dev's not back until later this week (Wednesday, I think) but how about I throw out two ideas -- this Friday evening or Saturday late afternoon/early evening? I just PM'd Jeraly with info about the Palm Springs to LA train, so fingers crossed she can make it too! And Poiteen, if you need a lift to PS for the luau, wanna lift? :D

Edited by elmcitymaven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thank you, thank you. :blush: I've already looked over the practice tests on the Cali DMV site, and I got on ok. There's a few different laws to here, but I managed to get through the last written test with a few days study, so i'm sure the Cali one will be fine :)

I got my conference thingy on friday evening and all day saturday. Is Sunday ok? I know it's a school night, but we could start early :hehe:

And I would totally be up for a mini road trip to PS!!! :star:

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning everyone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I have to say I am so envious of the LA VJ meetups! I wish I could go too! Maybe some day...

Anyhow, on an exciting note, we are officially moving into our new house this weekend!! We've been moving boxes and smaller stuff since last weeked, but the big stuff goes Saturay and then we are living in the new house!! I'm super excited about it! :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I have to say I am so envious of the LA VJ meetups! I wish I could go too! Maybe some day...

Anyhow, on an exciting note, we are officially moving into our new house this weekend!! We've been moving boxes and smaller stuff since last weeked, but the big stuff goes Saturay and then we are living in the new house!! I'm super excited about it! :D

I hope everything goes smoothly for you. :thumbs:

Although I'm moving under somewhat sadder circumstances I'm also getting excited about finding myself a new little nest. :D

Hey Guys - I passed my test, I got a Florida DL!!!! Yay!

Aly, you just got to do it, it's actually really easy, and if I can do it from scratch, you will have no problem driving here. And I did it in Miami where everyone seems to regard Traffic Laws as a loose guideline, to be discarded when it's inconvienient. I'm totally up for your house warming. I even saw the hawaiian packs in Big Lots, and thought of you! I hope stuff starts turning around for you asap.

Maven, touchdown in t -40 hours :dance: :dance: I don't mind when or where the meet up is, just tell me and I'll be there :dance:

YAY!! Pointy - I e-mailed you an invitation :) It might have gone to your spam folder though... I don't know :) Marta is coming down as well so it should be really cool! Are you all going to be bringing respective partners?! At this rate I will need to get more party bags!! :lol:

Ok - so my target now is to defo get some patio furniture and maybe some fold-out chairs or we won't have anywhere for people to sit - I can also recommend bringing personal fans (of the wafty kind, not the groupie kind :lol: ) if you have any! We can move the one from our bedroom into the living room but because of where we have the sofa, the air con doesn't get round very easily - will have to see what I can do to cool the place off a bit!

AHHH!! I am sooo excited now! I was convinced that we would have like two people turn up and it would be rubbish!!! Now I am thinking I might need another trip to the dollar store and Big Lots before the tiki stuff goes - it's all harvest stuff now - boo!!

As for this weekend, we are going to be in AZ having our legal paperwork wedding and meeting Tucson Chick of July Filer fame :) We're meeting at her place then heading down to Tombstone so that should be really cool :D Will defo keep the train info though for future meet-ups!! Woohoo!!

Ohhh I feel like I have so much to do!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

OH! Poiteen - if you are still in Miami, did you ever go to a place called Benny's? I was watching the Food Network last night and it was on there - it is a Puerto Rican restaurant and looked really good - I wasn't sure if you were still there though!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

I'm considering having another LA VJ Meetup... I'll keep you posted...

Edited by Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yay it's hump day! good morning uk!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I hope we have these meet-ups when I move to Massachusetts. :(

I anticipate feeling very lonely!

Where in MA will you be? I've struggled to meet many people here but I live in a very small town - Bridgewater.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.