Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Nice house maven - my husband would love a garage and workshop like that.

Regarding fences, I think metal fences are favored because of the weather and they require less maintenance. Though in the UK, I always thought stone/brick was more common than wooden fences?

90day.jpg

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool house, Maven! :D

I have to ask though, what is the obsession in America with that horrible metal fencing? You see it in a lot of places and it's really fugly. Perhaps coming from the UK I'm spoilt and used to nice wooden fences! :lol:

If anyone has the answers, please send them on a postcard to....

:P

Jeremy actually likes them which I just don't get :wacko: In Maven's defense though, at least hers look well-kept - the ones I see around here haven't got proper tops or anything and look really awful - of course some of the neighborhoods they have been in haven't been... particularly classy :whistle:

We actually have metal railings but there are bushes planted near them - I think the idea is that when the bushes grow and thicken up a bit more they will hide the railings which will be nice :) Of course, by the time that happens we'll prolly be house-hunting and have one of those wire fences when we move :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Afternoon all. Good morning charles,

I will be delighted as i finish my course of antibiotics today cant wait to not feel rough and tired.

:)

21-01-08 Found Sponsor UIL

12-02-08 Requested Affadavits of Bona Fide marriage from freinds

04-03-08 1st affadavit received

07-03-08 2nd Affadavit received

11-03-083rd Affadavit received

12-03-08 Our affadavit notarised

13-03-08 I-130 Posted DCF london Embassy

15-03-08 Application rejected (Rejection was due to lack of evidence of DW permission to work and live in the uk which they had already and eveidence we had been living in the country permanently for the last six months)

17-03-08 Re submitted I-130 and G-325a's DCF to london along with supporting evidence.

04-04-08 Credit Card Billed NOA1

05-04-08 Email received confirming File date 4th of April

09-04-08 Evidence received back along with Affidavit of bona-fide marriage

21-04-08 Applied for Police certificate from the Gardaí

31-05-08 Received Police Clearance from the Gardai

19-06-08 1400hrs sent application for Police clearance certs ACRO

19-06-08 1401hrs Realised i hadnt put in copies of bills and passport so posted them in a separate envelope

20-06-08 Received phone call asking for copies of bills and passport

28-06-08 Received ACRO police cert and RFE for Affadavits ####### see 09-04-08. Sent original affadavits

09-07-08 NOA2 Received :)109 Days from filing

11-07-08 Packet 3 Received

14-07-08 Posted DS-230 waiting on Birth Certificate (long)

11-08-08 Visa Interview APPROVED

12-08-08 Medical at 0850

19-08-08 Visa in hand

05-12-08 Arrive in Twin Cities (Provisional)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Have a great trip Julez. Bizarrely, this weekend I had a dream that we met and you were trying to get me to buy life insurance.

:lol: That certainly is bizarre! While I'd like to meet up with the LA VJers, I can promise you, Robin, that I'll not try to sell you any life insurance!!

Filed: Timeline
Have a great trip Julez. Bizarrely, this weekend I had a dream that we met and you were trying to get me to buy life insurance.

:lol: That certainly is bizarre! While I'd like to meet up with the LA VJers, I can promise you, Robin, that I'll not try to sell you any life insurance!!

Hey, are you back in America???

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Cool house, Maven! :D

I have to ask though, what is the obsession in America with that horrible metal fencing? You see it in a lot of places and it's really fugly. Perhaps coming from the UK I'm spoilt and used to nice wooden fences! :lol:

If anyone has the answers, please send them on a postcard to....

:P

Jeremy actually likes them which I just don't get :wacko: In Maven's defense though, at least hers look well-kept - the ones I see around here haven't got proper tops or anything and look really awful - of course some of the neighborhoods they have been in haven't been... particularly classy :whistle:

We actually have metal railings but there are bushes planted near them - I think the idea is that when the bushes grow and thicken up a bit more they will hide the railings which will be nice :) Of course, by the time that happens we'll prolly be house-hunting and have one of those wire fences when we move :lol:

Oh I didn't mean Maven's was tatty looking or anything, I was just asking what the obsession was with them in general! :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hey, are you back in America???

Yeah, we returned Sunday, only to have our flight to Buffalo canceled. They put us up in a Holiday Inn with only a smoking room. It was like sleeping in an ashtray! Yuck! Flew home Monday morning, only just making it to our home closing!

We had a great week, and the weather was just so gorgeous - warm and sunny. Not one drop of rain any day we were there. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.