Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Morning Everyone,

All this talk of Dollar stores makes me envious, all we have in plymouth is crappy poundstretcher and so nasty pound shops. :blink:

21-01-08 Found Sponsor UIL

12-02-08 Requested Affadavits of Bona Fide marriage from freinds

04-03-08 1st affadavit received

07-03-08 2nd Affadavit received

11-03-083rd Affadavit received

12-03-08 Our affadavit notarised

13-03-08 I-130 Posted DCF london Embassy

15-03-08 Application rejected (Rejection was due to lack of evidence of DW permission to work and live in the uk which they had already and eveidence we had been living in the country permanently for the last six months)

17-03-08 Re submitted I-130 and G-325a's DCF to london along with supporting evidence.

04-04-08 Credit Card Billed NOA1

05-04-08 Email received confirming File date 4th of April

09-04-08 Evidence received back along with Affidavit of bona-fide marriage

21-04-08 Applied for Police certificate from the Gardaí

31-05-08 Received Police Clearance from the Gardai

19-06-08 1400hrs sent application for Police clearance certs ACRO

19-06-08 1401hrs Realised i hadnt put in copies of bills and passport so posted them in a separate envelope

20-06-08 Received phone call asking for copies of bills and passport

28-06-08 Received ACRO police cert and RFE for Affadavits ####### see 09-04-08. Sent original affadavits

09-07-08 NOA2 Received :)109 Days from filing

11-07-08 Packet 3 Received

14-07-08 Posted DS-230 waiting on Birth Certificate (long)

11-08-08 Visa Interview APPROVED

12-08-08 Medical at 0850

19-08-08 Visa in hand

05-12-08 Arrive in Twin Cities (Provisional)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Morning Everyone,

All this talk of Dollar stores makes me envious, all we have in plymouth is crappy poundstretcher and so nasty pound shops. :blink:

Oh I live in Dollar Store Heaven. Nasty Family Dollar, some dollar store without a name, Mr. Dollar (which this morning had a cat sleeping in the window...I wonder if it was only $1?), random Mexican dollar store, dollar store that is likely a front for some sort of raquetteering scheme...

In my neighborhood there is no shortage of Dollar Stores and Taquierias!

Edited by ginger1981
wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

^Personally, I like the Dollar Tree. Usually pretty clean and a decent selection of things. :thumbs:

Oh yeah, Stu's in the air on his way here! :dance: POE will be Chicago. :)

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Great news, Shan! Hopefully it will be pain-free.

Dollar Tree is known in this household as the "Idolatry"; this is from the same man who alternately refers to Home Depot as "Home Despot" and "Home Sexpot."

(cue groaning)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
^Personally, I like the Dollar Tree. Usually pretty clean and a decent selection of things. :thumbs:

Oh yeah, Stu's in the air on his way here! :dance: POE will be Chicago. :)

Well if I knew that I would have a welcome wagon full of Heinz Beans and Cadbury's Digestives waiting for you and him!

How long are you in town?

wtf-picard.jpg

Cheesy Hawaiian music obnoxious floral shirts and Grass skirts ? :)

Well in one of the dollar stores near us they have luau party bags - packs of 12 for $1!!! We're going to make random party bags with leis and fake coconut bras and things for the guests :) We also found a Tiki party and luau CDs in the dollar store - haven't listened to them yet but am hoping they are really dire :lol:

Or roasting an entire pig over a spit? With an apple in its mouth of course...

Aww no - traditionally the kalua pig gets cooked in a pit but I think the gardeners would have a blue fit if we started tearing up our garden!!! We're going to try and recreate it in the oven though :) We have the Hawaiian salt and things we picked up in February and some mix to make haupia as well :)

Did someone say luau? :dance:

You're welcome to come!! We don't have a date set yet and we have no spare beds (just a sofa...) but I can give you the details nearer the time :D Will try to make it for a Saturday night :) Of course we're not really expecting many people to turn up because they all live on the other side of Cabazon so... :( It might just be me and Jeremy at this rate!!

Your not the only one out in the desert! I've been in Tucson, AZ for just over a year now and I really like it out here. I love the dry heat and the monsoons in the afternoon :)

Wow - you get monsoons in the afternoon? We get 15-20 days a year and Cathedral City, next to us is in a state of emergency after some ridiculous amount of rain in Sunday's storm. That's the only rain we have had so far - it is just hot and dry all the time... the sprinklers are cool though as are the misters in the heat :)

I think it is just that there are so many people I know living in LA that I am a bit envious that I am o far out - otherwise I would at least have some friends in the area but here it is too hot to even go outside and do anything in the day - a walk to the store is really pushing it (and have to take a drink with me or I dehydrate really fast) so meeting people is a bit of a challenge right now - I've been looking up groups online but...

Oh I know - UK pound stores are so skanky it isn't even funny - tacky ornaments and junk. Of course, dollar stores have those too but they also have neat stuff. Like glass ears of corn... :blink:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Luau in PS! Just let me know when it is and I'll try to make it.

Off to San Diego this afternoon for an evening conference. I hear it's cooler there today than it is here in the Valley, which I hope is true. I had to head out to Target this morning at around 9.30am and it was already roasty-toasty.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Yippee! It'll prolly be at the end of next month but will defo give you details when we have them!!

Been putting together flat-packed desk and taking a break as just can't seem to get some of these screws in far enough :( Really annoying as wanted to have it all put together for when Jeremy gets home but it looks like I will need his help after all :(

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Hehehe i just remebered one of my drunken student escapades go to the pound shop and see how many items the guy will tell you the price of before they throw you out :rofl:

Well it as funny when i was a student :)

15-03-08 Application rejected (Rejection was due to lack of evidence of DW permission to work and live in the uk which they had already and eveidence we had been living in the country permanently for the last six months)

17-03-08 Re submitted I-130 and G-325a's DCF to london along with supporting evidence.

19-06-08 1401hrs Realised i hadnt put in copies of bills and passport so posted them in a separate envelope

28-06-08 Received ACRO police cert and RFE for Affadavits ####### see 09-04-08. Sent original affadavits

12-08-08 Medical at 0850

19-08-08 Visa in hand

Hahaha - that sounds pretty cool :D I wonder if it would work here... I mean if I can get asked what my native language is in England...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello from Miami!!! Hope everyone's well. I'm pretty wrecked but recovering from the jet lag. We hit the road at 6.30am yesterday, and were supposed to be in transit for about 13 hours, it ended up taking about 25 hours.

Our plane was 3 hours late leaving JFK to come to Shannon, so we left Shannon 3 hours late. They had rebooked our connection for a later flight, but when we finally got to JFK, our new connecting flight was cancelled. We got booked on to the last 2 seats of a flight going to Fort Lauderdale instead. That plane was supposed to leave at 7.20pm EST, i think we actually got on the plane around 9pm, and finally took off at maybe 11pm, i don't know, I was catching some sleep by then. Crappy sleep too. Got in about 2.30am EST this morning and finally got to bed around 3.30am. I'm zonked.

So hi to you all. xxx Poit

The UK Wiki

Hehehe i just remebered one of my drunken student escapades go to the pound shop and see how many items the guy will tell you the price of before they throw you out :rofl:

Well it as funny when i was a student :)

Heh! When we were really little kids, the game was to go into the corner shop and ask "How much are your penny chews?"

It was funny then, too :lol:

Im still chuckling to myself now and im sorely tempted for the weekend :D

Hey Poiteen glad you made it safely shame about the hassle with the Flights. Was POE painless as well?

12-08-08 Medical at 0850

19-08-08 Visa in hand

Filed: Timeline
Im still chuckling to myself now and im sorely tempted for the weekend :D

:lol:

Hello from Miami!!! Hope everyone's well. I'm pretty wrecked but recovering from the jet lag. We hit the road at 6.30am yesterday, and were supposed to be in transit for about 13 hours, it ended up taking about 25 hours.

Our plane was 3 hours late leaving JFK to come to Shannon, so we left Shannon 3 hours late. They had rebooked our connection for a later flight, but when we finally got to JFK, our new connecting flight was cancelled. We got booked on to the last 2 seats of a flight going to Fort Lauderdale instead. That plane was supposed to leave at 7.20pm EST, i think we actually got on the plane around 9pm, and finally took off at maybe 11pm, i don't know, I was catching some sleep by then. Crappy sleep too. Got in about 2.30am EST this morning and finally got to bed around 3.30am. I'm zonked.

So hi to you all. xxx Poit

Welcome to America!

Edited by illumine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.